[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about getting a Basenji but I hear they are infamously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: basenji-dog-main.jpg (194KB, 620x403px) Image search: [Google]
basenji-dog-main.jpg
194KB, 620x403px
Thinking about getting a Basenji but I hear they are infamously hard to train, anyone have a Basenji? Was it hard to train? If yes how did you do it?
>>
>>2480499
>thinking about getting $PURE_BREED
kys
>>
>>2480500
>Getting a mixed breed dog that could require a completely different style of ownership you're capable of giving but you get it because of you're in poverty and really want a dog.
Kys
>>
>>2480502
>Getting a mixed breed dog that could require a completely different style of ownership you're capable of giving
the fuck are you talking about.

99% of how much your dog fits your lifestyle depends on SIZE and AGE of the dog. and even in mutts you will usually be told (by the shelter staff for example) what character the dog has, if it likes chasing after animals, is lethargic, very territorial and whatnot.
and even if not. so much of a dog's "personality" is due to training and a good relationship (or lack thereof) to its owner, not about what fucking breed it is.

tl;dr kys
>>
>>2480533
If you're implying that the breed of a dog has nothing to do with the temperament you are an ignorant retard. Why the fuck do you think breeds exist in the first place?
>>
>>2480533
>you will usually be told (by the shelter staff for example)
a lot of shelter staff are incompetent or will tell you what you want to hear just to get rid of the dog.
>>
>>2480593
getting a pet from a shelter is retarded anyway, they force you to neuter/spay and charge an adoption fee. Basically you'll be out $300-500 adopting. You can get a dog from a breeder who put effort into bettering their line for 500-1000 unless you're buying a ridiculous rare breed or something else rare.

The dogs they take are honestly better off euthanized. Believe it or not most of the dogs in there were bought at pet stores or bred in back yards and not a product of stray dog breeding.

Just buy a decent dog from a good breeder, it's not much more expensive.. GSDs and Huskys are only like 1-2 grand unless you buy from a retarded show line and they're fairly expensive. Anyway it basically works out to like 100 a year which ain't shit compared to the food costs and such.
>>
>>2480598
>good breeder
>reputable breeder
these meme needs to die
>>
>>2480593
then walk the dog for a month or so to get to know it, jesus fuck are you terminally retarded?
>>
>>2480500
Wrong
>>2480533
Wrong
>>2480600
Wrong
>>2480604
Wrong

Either samefag or this board is more retarded than I thought
>>
>>2480611
>10 / 0 / 4 / 1
Yeah, that's a samefag. Probably believes that dogs are "furbabbies" lol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.