[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My puppy ate a piece of this mushroom. I have no idea what kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: mush.png (483KB, 499x421px) Image search: [Google]
mush.png
483KB, 499x421px
My puppy ate a piece of this mushroom. I have no idea what kind of mushroom this is, please help. I hope it isn't poisonous.

It grew on my lawn.
>>
brown recluse
>>
>>2479855
why are you talking spiders?
>>
Get hydrogen peroxide
Make it vomit

Most mushrooms are poisonous and could harm liver
>>
>>2479872
Yeah, I could maybe do that, just to be safe.

How to I use the hydrogen? I've never used that stuff before.
>>
>>2479874
Get a bowl of water. Put only a little bit of hydrogen peroxide in it. Make the dog run around and drink. Keep dog outside as they will puke shortly after.
>>
Vet
>>
>>2479852
eat it and tell us what it tastes like, we can determine if it's poisonous from that.
>>
Don't fuck around with hydrogen peroxide, get a teaspoon of salt and place it in the back of their mouth. Same effect, far less risk.

The dog is probably fine though.
>>
call a vet you dumb shit

why are you posting this on a timbuktu beastiality forum
>>
>>2479856
It's a meme. Ever spider is a brown recluse turned to everything being a brown recluse.
>>
Eat it
>>
Post the pic of under the cap

>>2479872
>Most mushrooms are poisonous
you mean for dogs?
>>
>>2479897
You should never give salt to induce vomiting. It takes very little salt to kill an animal.

Peroxide is pretty much 100% safe.
>>
>>2479852
I do mushroom ID.

I am going to need a photo of the gills.
I am also going to need to know where you live

>>2479897
It takes very little salt to kill most dogs. (and humans too) ingesting salt is never recommended to induce vomiting unless you want a fat helping of encephalopathy
>>
File: mushr2.jpg (855KB, 1860x1936px) Image search: [Google]
mushr2.jpg
855KB, 1860x1936px
I didn't make her vomit, it was too late. Most vets recommend peroxide and not salt.

Looks like she is doing fine. It's been 7 hours and no reaction or unusual behaviour. I don't think she got poisoned after all. Maybe because she only ate a little bit of it and not the whole thing.

>>2479962
>>2479975
Sure. I'm in scandinavia. Sorry for shit picture, my phone is old.
>>
For next time. Get that hydrogen peroxide in your home. No need to pass poison through the liver.
>>
>>2480018
I already thought about that, but thanks for the reminder.
>>
It sort of reminds me of Pluteus cervinus, which is edible or at least not toxic. But someone should come along and confirm.

How big of a piece? I wouldn't worry.

Also, don't use hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting, it's not good for dogs.
>>
Do dogs have a gag reflex? OPs dog is apparently fine but couldn't you just shove your fingers down a dogs throat?

I've always heard to use GO but do you just shove it down their throat and hope they swallow it? The anon suggesting to out some in water and make the dog run around until it's thirsty sounds retarded, especially when time is critical when it comes to this shit.
>>
>>2480273
>Do dogs have a gag reflex?
Of course, but why risk getting bit or hurting the dog?
>>
>>2479962
No as in period. The best rule of thumb to have with mushrooms is that if you don't recognize it consider it poisonous; tens of thousands of mushrooms in the world and only like five are edible raw.

I suggest getting your dog to a vet or taking that mushroom to a poison control center for identification as soon as you.
>>
Vet you fucking retard. I doubt that nimals are retarded enough to eat non-synthetic toxic stuff, tho.
>>
>>2480003
A Marasmius species is likely, you can probably assume it is either edible or nontoxic. You shouldn't have to worry. (the data for humans atleast).

>>2480282
No, dogs and cats die all the time from eating toxic mushrooms.
>>
>>2480288
>A Marasmius species
no way that's a Marasmius.
>>
>>2479852
>>2480003
looks like an old and dry mushroom from the lactarius genus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactarius
>>
>>2480927
It isn't Lactarius. The stem on this mushroom is fibrous.

>>2480898
Look into M. oreades. There is a whole bunch of large, grass-loving species. The white gills, fibrous stem, and growth in a lawn are all big features.
>>
I'm a mycologist

Your dog is fine
>>
>>2480966
Are you the other mycologist who showed up in the /fungi/ threads? The one doing entomopathogen work?
>>
>>2480957
That definitely isn't Marasmium oreades. Gills are far too crowded.
>>
>>2481073
Go ahead and name some other annulus-lacking, grass-loving, white-spored mushrooms with a fibrous stem...
I never said it was M. oreades, but I mentioned a Marasmius species is likely.
Keep in mind we are also dealing with a Scandinavian specimen, so I atleast have no clue what Marasmius live there or how the morphology of M. oreades might differ.

What I can say, is that it isn't toxic. The most deadly genuses can be ruled out. (granted animal toxicity is different than humans)
>>
B+ all gewd
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.