[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found a stray (female) about a month ago. I notified all nearby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Two-Dogs-Better-Than-One.jpg (119KB, 700x405px) Image search: [Google]
Two-Dogs-Better-Than-One.jpg
119KB, 700x405px
I found a stray (female) about a month ago. I notified all nearby shelters/hospitals and haven't received a response so I decided to keep it. I have a two problems.
Problem 1: My dog (female) will not tolerate the stray unless the stray is crated. If the stray is crated, my dog can walk by and sleep next to the crate with no issue. She occasionally tries to sniff the stray's butt but it's kind of hard cause there's a crate. Normally, my dog will bark/lunge at other dogs (ex: on a walk). If I put my dog in the backyard and let the stray roam the house, my dog will bark and pounce at the glass door, as she can see the stray is out of the cage. The only place the two dogs can "coexist" is on the car, but that may be because they're both dizzy or something. If I try to walk both at the same time, my dog barks/lunges at the stray as if she would towards any other dog. How do I properly integrate the stray into my house so that my dog won't bark/bite her? The stray seems to be indifferent towards my dog with the exception of problem 2.
Problem 2: The stray does not like my dog being nearby when the stray is being fed. If there is food inside the crate, the stray becomes extremely defensive and will bark loudly at my dog if my dog comes close to the cage. The stray has no issue with me taking the food away though.
>>
Are both dogs desexed?
>>
>>2477962
Both dogs are intact.
My dog is approaching 5 years old and the stray is estimated to be about 1 year old by the vet.
>>
Your dog is highly reactive and aggressive. You need to find a trainer who is experienced with reactive dogs. This behavior is not something you will be able to fix on your own.

The trainer may also have advice with regards to the strays food aggression. My dog used to react in the same manner; I was very patient with him and now I can have both dogs eat side by side with no issue. They understand which bowl belongs to them.
>>
>>2477970
you should probably spay/neuter the stray.
>>
>>2478085
What would that change? My dog is the one reacting. The stray is more or less indifferent to my dog unless food is involved.
>>
>>2478020
She's fine if the other dog is crated though.... Can't I do something by myself without a trainer?
>>
>>2478460
Might wanna neuter the other one then.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.