[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think my dog ate a bite out of one of these mushrooms I didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Snapchat-418920557.jpg (353KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-418920557.jpg
353KB, 720x1280px
I think my dog ate a bite out of one of these mushrooms I didn't see growing in her pen. Last few days she has been shitting blood. She might not have bitten it but its what I'm thinking. How do I know if a mushroom would make someone sick? Also she will get better soon, right?
>>
File: Snapchat-1226581230.jpg (273KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1226581230.jpg
273KB, 720x1280px
>>2476870
>>
>>2476870
Even people trained in recognizing mushrooms make fatal errors. Poisonous ones look like safe ones, and vice versa. Take the dog to a vet. NOW.
>>
>>2476874
I know you're trolling but this is no time to troll.
>>
>>2476870
Chlorophyllum molybdites
will probably kill her.
>>
>>2476876
sure it is.
because you're trolling.

timestamp of dog and bloody diarrhea. You've got 5 minutes to post it.
>>
File: IMG_20170909_131550.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170909_131550.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>2476880
>>
>>2476870
Macrolepiota procera, lépiote élevée, coulemelle; from what i can see. We eat them in my area. But some toxic versions that looks real close to it exists, check what's in your area. Also got to the vet.
>>
>>2476891
I'm in tennessee though
>>
>>2476900
>>2476879
>>
>>2476870
It's definitely a type of aminita.. they can shut down kidney function.. when people eat the wrong aminitas it's pretty common for them to need kidney transplants.. if she doesn't start recovering she needs to see a vet asap
>>
>>2476914
>It's definitely a type of aminita..
lol
fuck /an/ is bad at this
>>
>>2476922
I'm pretty sure it is a brown recluse. RIP in peace pupper.
>>
>>2476926
Why do u think it's a Brown recluse?
>>
>>2476928
All dangerous unknown maladies are caused by brown recluse spiders.

Also its a meme.
>>
TAKE IT TO THE _______
>>
>>2476870
This looks like a Death Cap to me. I could be wrong very hard to tell just from a photo.
>>
>>2476939
>This looks like a Death Cap to me
holy shit you're a retard.
>>
If you have the mushroom he bit you can take him and the mushroom to the vet and they can decide to level of toxicity. If it's shitting blood that means it might be causing serration in his GI/kidneys.

Why would you even post this thread while your dog is shitting blood?
>>
>>2476953
Because I don't have a grand to spend on surgery
>>
>>2476965
Um yeahthat's what pet insurance is for fuckhead
>>
>>2476965
lol.
they'd make her vomit and charge you $70

probably too late now
>>
>>2476870
>>2476922
Lets put it this way there are; there are over 1,000 different types of mushrooms in the world and only about 20 that are not poisonous. If i were you I take the dog to the vet and if i couldn't then at least get the mushroom checked to see if it is poisonous.
>>
>>2476970
This particular mushroom is very easy to ID, there's very few in the US that look like it.

yes, it is toxic. Often deadly.

the only question here is does OP know this already, is this bait?
>>
>>2476971
Yea i figured as much, with mushrooms, when in doubt assume it's poisonous. Was just trying to word it in a way so that he would do something about it if he actually has a dog.
>>
>>2476976
He IS doing something.
He posted threads on /an/ and /out/
probably going to post on /sci/ and /co/ and reddit and facebook next.

the dog is already dead.
>>
>>2476980
When i think of doing something i mean something that would actually help and actually solve the problem. Poor dog though, cant be a good way to go.

So to get something productive out of this thread; what would be a good way to avoid this from happening?
Is there anything you can do put on the ground that would prevent mushrooms from growing or do you have to go though your backyard looking for them and removing them by hand?
>>
>>2476983
I think with most toxic mushrooms by the time you're showing symptoms it's too late to fix.

removing toxic mushrooms from the yard is good practice and shouldn't be that difficult. Not letting your dog eat mushrooms when out of the yard is also a good idea. If they do eat one that a person can't ID then a trip to the vet is a great plan.

It looks like OP made a couple mistakes.
>>
>>2476988
Well i would suggest first get the mushroom ID at poison control. It shouldn't take to long to get a result and you know for sure if there is a problem.

As for removal, while it is a good idea, it would be better to stop them from growing in the first place so is there any kind of mulch or pesticide you can put down that would stop them from growing without killing everything else?
>>
>>2476870
You're asking the wrong people about mushrooms.
>>
>>2476965
RIP dog
>>
OP is role playing, he hasn't posted anything since the first post.
>>
Excuse me, I just now noticed this post.

Chlorophyllum molybdites is the correct ID, like this anon said. It is not an Amanita. It is also definitely not Macrolepiota procera like >>2476891 said.
>Lacks the stipe ornamentation of M. procera

It is toxic, and the diarrhea is consistent with poisoning. I am not sure how it plays out in dogs, but in humans the effects are nonlethal, but you get severe vomiting and diarrhea, sometimes to the point you need to be hospitalized. I imagine this could be fatal in a dog.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.