[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Share some stories of awful pet owners you've met. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_4414.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4414.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Share some stories of awful pet owners you've met.

I have a disgusting lazy cousin that has owned a pet rat since last christmas. She never cleans her room so it's riddled with dust, she only cleans the rat's cage once every two weeks, so it's full of shit all the time. She also has an inbred looking dog that typical slavic rednecks own with fucked teeth that barks all the time for no reason, which stresses out the rat a lot. I'm surprised the poor rodent still hasn't become aggressive towards humans and he doesn't seem to mind it whenever I hold him.

Pic related, it's my cousin's rat 3 months after she got him.
>>
Also forgot to mention that the rat lives in a tiny cage not intended for rats so it gets 0 exercise, there's rat shit all over her room's floor and she often pulls him by his tail.
>>
>lone rat
>wood shavings

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2476354
Will it trigger you further if I mention the fact that this is her 5th lone rat or so, and 5 years later since her first pet rat, she still doesn't know the basics of how to properly take care of any pet rodent?
>>
File: 20170201_122508.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170201_122508.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2476364
>>2476340
ur triggering me man can you please take that rat from your cousin, he doesnt even have a friend
>>
>>2476392
Believe me, I love rats so I sympathize with the poor little guy. If I could I'd bring him home with me but I'm currently not living alone and my roommate claims to be "allergic" to rats, so I can't do much about it. Besides, I recently moved far away from my cousin so I likely won't ever meet her again.

Also, oddly enough every pet rat owner I've ever met irl thus far has been a dumb chick who always buys a lone rat and has no idea how to properly take care of the animal and always end up breaking a bone or two of theirs by some dumb accident. Usually cuz they were dumb enough to let it walk freely on a table until the rat would fall off. The irresponsibility these people have infuriates me.
>>
>>2476392
OP here again, ok this is funny but sad: my ex used to have a lone pet rat with a broken tail and lived in a hamster cage and I told him "hey, you should at least have a second rat to keep it company" but he just screamed "NO CUZ RATS DON'T HAVE EMOTIONS LIKE HUMANS DO SO THEY NEVER GET LONELY OR SAD, DUMBASS"

His pet rat didn't live any longer than 2 months.
>>
>>2476354
Also
>tiny cage
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>2476337
rats are supposed to live in trash and shit. its k
>>
>>2476452
Why the fuck were you with someone who is not only retarded, but also speaks to you like that.
>>
>>2476337
I think you really need to come down hard on her and issue an ultimatum about her level of care. You wouldn't stand by and watch someone kicking a dog would you? Get pissed off and tell her that this is classified as animal abuse and that you won't stand for this. Threaten to report her if there are such resources in your area. I mean get real agressive & make a stand to show you mean business. In my family we're not afraid to call another family member out on something like this. Hell, my Mom took a horse from her neighbour because he was starving it.

Another idea would be to "gift" her a larger cage maybe? We all agree she needs to improve or more animals will suffer.

As for allergies, I may be wrong but pet rats don't have dander like cats & dogs do they? Someone else can chime in on that.

Good luck with this. Remember you're standing up for something that can't defend itself against this kind of treatment. That's good karma right there.
>>
My friend has a cat that she doesn't take care of. It's always filthy with catshit on its fur, the fur itself has mats to the point that the poor animal can't lick the shit off and can't move like normal cats do. The friend doesn't cut it off because 'her hair is just like that naturally lmao, no use in taking care of it since it's gonna get matted again'. It wasn't neutered, and when she went away for a year her mother just let the cat out and let it live off the garbage and whatever it could find in the wild. Only took it back when it got pregnant. The friend lived on the 12th floor and the windows weren't catproof so both kittens fell out and died. She's a shitty pet-owner and i hope she never gets anyone else
>>
Same with my cousin, only her two rats actually had rat bite fever. She was too afraid to go near them but took them because she was afraid they would get put down. As in, they actually gave someone real, diagnosed rat bite fever.

I don't want to ask what eventually happened to them. I offered to take them and get them actually treated because I'm a bleeding heart , but she didn't believe me I wouldn't just snap their necks.
>>
>>2476337
I'm more worried about the doggo desu, senpai.
>>
>>2476910
And yes, I've tried to crack down on her with the help of other friends and family but she pushes away further if we do. At least if I stay neutral, I can help sometimes without getting cut off. She has a hippie bf whose crackhead parents own a farm. Animal control has been there MANY times, but even in the worst of conditions they don't do fucking SHIT. This isn't even in the middle of west bumfuck nowhere.
>>
>>2476848
Because they were the first person I dated and being both new to relationships and a teen myself, I didn't realize they were just a typical pissy teenager who thought he was cool for greentexting outside of 4chan. To be fair, a lot of people have at least that one awful or crazy ex that they regret ever dating.
>>
>>2476855
Animal abuse? Well, I suppose you do have a point.

>Report her
My country doesn't give a shit about rats and some other less common house pets, sadly. So my threats won't mean anything to her, especially since she's under 18 and knows she can get away with even some actually illegal activity due to this.

>Cage
She will just complain it fills up too much space and throw it out, her sister owned rats and gave her own rat cage before moving out, but my cousin just went "lol nah, hamster cages are good enough lol"

Yeah, I heavily suspect my roomie is lying cuz they're paranoid of rats and think they're all disease riddled monsters. They claimed that a pet ferret I owned earlier caused them allergies, yet I saw no allergy-like reactions from them. But still, if that's true, that'd be an interesting fact about rats.

>>2476903
Holy shit, that is disgusting. I've known mentally ill people who lacked compassion that took care of their pets even better than that, Jesus Christ.

That did remind me of a classmate I used to visit often to play on his pc since at the time, my PC didn't work well. Literally, his floor had dried cat feces and sand all over. His floor was always sticky and he himself admitted to showering only 4 times a week due to laziness. But even that little autist at least didn't abuse his cat as badly.

>>2476915
Her parents always grab a random dog from the pound when their previous one dies cuz they're cheap rednecks. The dog is fine, just has a fucked lower jaw so you can always see his teeth.
>>
>>2476842
Especially in a small, condensed area so they can suffocate in trash and shit.
>>
File: 1504843465091.jpg (59KB, 639x502px) Image search: [Google]
1504843465091.jpg
59KB, 639x502px
>>2476337
>Friend gets a puppy
>Was a very lovable Labrador pupper
>Friend's redneck father decides that he should be in charge of the dog
>Redneck ignored the dog
>Redneck made the dog sleep and live outside even when it was storming.
>Redneck would feed the dog once every few days. (I would sneak into their backyard and give him food until they fixed the fence.)
>Redneck beat the dog if he so much as looked at him.
>I don't see the dog for at least another year.
>He's very skinny, aggressive, and he was limping.
>I decide to call animal control since this is completely fucked.
>Animal control comes and takes care of him.
>Redneck gets arrested for the dog and child abuse.(long story)
>I visit the dog at the
>The dog died of a severe infection from multiple wounds all over his body.
>>
File: sad_cate.jpg (40KB, 640x493px) Image search: [Google]
sad_cate.jpg
40KB, 640x493px
>>2477228
My condolences for the poor dog. Question is, why do rednecks even ever get pets? It's not like children where you accidentally can get someone pregnant are forced to look after a kid. At least he got jailed but that's a small price to pay for child abuse and mistreatment of a canine that lead to a painful death.
>>
My cousins own a farm in Sicily and they treat their dogs like absolute trash. Theyre beautiful dogs, but there's about 4 of them living in a tiny cage that would barely be big enough for 1, let alone 4. None of them actually live on the farm, so they only get fed a few times a week. When they DO get fed, they're just tossed a bowl full of stale bread. No meat, or anything.

This is the norm for dogs in Sicily, and I doubt animal control exists over there
>>
File: 20170708_172254.jpg (4MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20170708_172254.jpg
4MB, 4608x2592px
>>2476337
My cousin, has two male budgies, she got them two years ago, she don't let them flying since one or two months, cause she is angry that her budgies don't play with her. She wants to sell them, also she wants to buy just one budgie. She wants tamed budgies, her budgies are afraid of everything.
>>
>>2476959
Just steal her rat and give it to someone who knos what they're doing?
If she's a teenager who's this uncaring then fuck it.
Maybe it'll scar her for life so she'll never want animals again or take better care of hers in the future.
I'm thinking about doing the same with my brother's hamster.
Stop making excuses. Do you really want this kid to grow up knowing that she can be a shithead and be completely unpunished for it?
That's disgusting, anon. Don't be a faggot and take the damn rat. Maybe sell it before you take it and then steal it the day you give it to its new owner that way your roommate will never have to be near it.
>>
>>2477420
If I ever again have the chance to do a 5 hour drive to my cousin's, then sure I'll do that, that is if I can ever find anyone that wants a rat. But knowing her mother, she'll just keep buying new pets for her to abuse. She has had 5 rats, 2 mice, a dog she didn't take care of so it fell off the roof twice breaking its legs and needing two surgeries and is now severally obese and bald. So it won't really change her much cuz her mother always spoils her.
>>
>>2477442
How did it get onto the roof in the first place....
>>
>>2477498
They had this passway the dog would walk through and end up on the roof. They were too lazy to cover said passway and would just go "oh, whatever, dog's own fault for constantly going in there"
>>
File: Screenshot_20170910-130050~2.png (715KB, 720x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170910-130050~2.png
715KB, 720x1012px
This can't be good. Not against castration but she is going to FUCK this up hard. I hope it's only for her farm animals too because I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
A recent encounter that's ended pretty badly, I feel sorry for the cat

>friend of the family has a 24 year old daughter
>she just decides one day to buy a cat from a shifty pet store for 600 dollars
>leaves it home alone all day when she's at work, has no time for it and neglects the shit out of it
>dunks it in tanks of water to punish it for pooping on the floor after she's been gone for a week, chases it with the vacuum and laughs
>always carries it by the scruff of the neck
>one day she breaks down that she can't take care of it anymore, it's too much
>family friend tells us about it, we just lost our oldest cat last january, say maybe we can look into rehoming him
>they mistake this as meaning "bring the cat over now and we'll keep him"

>fast forward ten days ish
>he's got massive problems, overweight, covered in mats, shit stuck to his fur, claws gnarled so bad i can hear him coming as he clicks around the room we quarantined him in
>"I brush him all the time!" and "I clipped his nails last week!"
>cat's got some mental problems, would come up to you and rub you for affection, no displays of aggression, but when you pet him back he'd grab your hand and hiss and spit and claw at you

>after 10 days decide maybe i can take him to the groomer to get him sheared for the summer so he'll be comfortable and not Caked in his own shit, they can clip his nails too while they're at it
>assume they'd have the big falcon gloves they have at the vet's for when cat's resist
>told the original bitch owner, she wants to come and watch
>standing there covered in claw and bite marks as she goes "he's such a sweet and gentle cat! he's never scratched me!"
>groomers are scared of this cat, he's a ball of fur and claws
>they ask me timidly to hold him down
>attempt, draws blood with his bite
>"I didn't raise you to be this way!"
>"This is your MOTHER talking to you"
>she's fuckin squatting to the cat's eye level, reprimanding him with a finger waggle like a child
>>
>>2477692
continued

>promptly excuse myself from the groomers, had already paid the bill despite the fact that nobody can even touch this cat let alone shear or clip it
>owner's got the carrier I brought him in and a car so I figured it'd be alright
>quickly drove myself to the nearest clinic for a tetanus shot and some peroxide
>get home, she's standing at my door with the cat in the carrier
>"I can't do it, I'm really sorry."
>end up giving the cat back to her with orders that she give him to the spca, I'm just not equipped for him
>now she thinks after missing him for 10 days that she'll be able to keep him again, her whole family plus me are telling her otherwise
>mfw

i feel so fuckin bad, in hindsight i should've kept him and dropped him off at the shelter on my own, nothing good can come of this.
>>
>>2476337
I wish I could take this rat off your hands.
I have a large 2 level cage empty after my rattos died a few years ago.
>>
>>2477267
They were a Christian family so walking out on a kid is a big no-no.
>>
>>2477692
>>2477695
Yeah, that cat's probably gonna be euthanized. I'm pretty good with abused animals, but that one's gonna need a couple years of love to rehab. Sad because it sounds like there is a nice kitty in there.
>>
File: PepeHelperCat.jpg (32KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
PepeHelperCat.jpg
32KB, 604x516px
>my family is friends with this rich family
>always telling me to get rid of my cat because i'm not a rich jew, even though i can afford food and veterinary care
>they had cat
>long haired dilute calico, very pretty girl
>kept outdoors almost all the time, is okay because they have a nice big yard, but still must suck during the winter
>she's getting older and developing health problems
>they take her to the vet but don't follow vet's instructions at home
>doesn't want to go outside on adventures anymore
>fur is getting scruffy because she has trouble cleaning herself now
>they still won't let her inside
>pet-sitting for this family while they're on vacation
>feel bad for cat, let her inside
>brush her
>tries to jump on the couch but too frail
>not allowed on furniture but ow my heart
>put blanket over couch
>boost her up and play the son's PS4 while petting her
>very sweet cat, purrs and drools on my fucking hand
>throw blanket in the wash and make sure there's no fur on it
>family comes home
>decide the long hair is too much of a pain and they don't have time to groom her
>get her shaved
>still expect her to be outside all night in the winter with no fur
>she dies soon after
>>
>>2478628
People who don't want to take care of pet's shouldn't have them.
>>
>>2478598
feels bad man, if it could find a new life on a ranch perhaps as a mouser it'd probably be alright.

and they'd need to conk it out for a bit at a vet's to shave it down and clip his nails.
>>
>>2477377
Southern Italy was a mistake
t. northern Italian
>>
>>2476602
At least it's not an aquarium and appears to have a ladder (and presumably upper platform). I've seen worse.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.