[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain why I'm supposed to feed my dog """"""DOG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1073.jpg (62KB, 590x428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1073.jpg
62KB, 590x428px
Can someone explain why I'm supposed to feed my dog """"""DOG FOOD""""""" from a bag from the store when dogs are literally just fine eating table scraps?
>>
Dog food is cheaper, and there isn't always table scraps. If you're a cheap bastard who doesn't see why your furry fried should be in the wheelhouse with the mariachi band, or if you want to give them some easily accessible supplementary diet yo.
>>
>>2473688
Because 50lbs of dog food is more cost effective than 50lbs of table scraps.
>>
Try harder.
>>
malnutrition
>>
>>2473688
>when dogs are literally just fine eating table scraps?

Are you American? If so yeah, they're fine eating your gross unseasoned food. Not the case with other people.
>>
Even a nice bag of dog food is way cheaper.
a 30lb dog lasts my dog like a month.

No way you have meals worth of table scraps for your dog.
>>
>>2473688
>not raising chickens, ducks, and rabbits to feed your canine companion
>feeding them cuck nuggets instead

shiggy
>>
>>2473688
>Have cheese and biscuits.
>Naturally grapes too
>After desert doggo eats grapes
>*AWWW SO CUTE DOGS LIEK GRAPES XDD*
>Dog loses appetite
>Call vet
>"yeah induce vomiting"
>Another fantastic day in retardoland where OP might not be the biggest faggot, but by god is he trying.
>>
>>2473821
>a 30lb dog lasts my dog like a month.

C-canabalism?
>>
>>2473688
Table scraps most likely contain foods that are toxic to dogs.
Unless you deliberately cook meals your dog can eat, it's stupid to just throw table scraps at the dog.
>>
>>2473855
the strong should fear the weak
>>
>>2473688

Because table scraps don't meet all the dietary needs of your dog.
Different dogs need different levels of protein, fat, and caloric intake based on age, breed, weight, working or leisure dogs.

If your table scraps consist of 80% raw meat, 10% offal, 10% organ at a precisely measured weight based on the requirement above, then yeah sure table scraps are fine. But, you probably eat shit food, because nobody receiving adequate nourishment would ask such a stupid question.
>>
>>2473852
This anon gets it.
The simple answer is we eat shitty food that's heavily processed which is not great for doggos.
I know I eat like shit, but I know it. I'll still give my doggo the healthy stuff for him tho. Three months on a raw diet and he loves it.
>>
>he has a healthy diet of pizza crusts, stale fried rice with onions in it and all my vegetables I push off my plate when mommy isn't looking

Great job, OP.
>>
Can somebody tell me why dogs absolutely love pizza? I've seen trained dogs that won't even look at food when left alone for hours but will absolutely demolish at least two slices of pizza if you leave them alone with it.
>>
>>2473882
That's strange because dogs have literally been fed table scraps for decades and they've been fine. """PET FOOD""" is a modern invention that doesn't even exist but does for some reason.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>2473975
Dogs love food
Pizza is food
There is no special exception for pizza because of your anecdotal evidence
>>
>>2473976
Dogs also used to live to the ripe old age of 7.
>>
>>2473976
>Really makes you think
Makes me think that you have a problem with letting go of previous misconceptions.
Just because something has been "done for years" doesn't automatically make it right. You asked why you are supposed to feed your dog dog food and were given answers. You just choose not to accept them, and would rather blame the pet food industry in some kind of conspiracy. If you want to have a discussion about this than make a thread about it, but asking for advice just for a segway to bring up your paranoid delusions is bullshit, and a waste of everyone else's time.
>>
>>2473980
>t. Nestle
>>
>>2473983
>because I don't agree with ignorance I'm a shill
That tinfoil hat might be a bit too tight anon
>>
>>2473983
I don't think this is the right board for you.
>>
>>2473976
>tfw humans bathed once per month in the same water they shat in for centuries and were just fine and now they expect me to do it every day and use shady modern Jewish inventions like soap and shampoo
>>
>>2473960
>onions
poisonous to dogs.

also dog need bone marrow or some shit, which is in dog food and is the main reason humans shouldnt eat dog food
>>
>>2473688
Because dogs nowadays needs more than table scraps... If you want to pay for the diabetes, osteoarthritis, liver problems, dentistery and his cross ligament surgery (cause he's too fat) that's yours but your dog deserve better than this. That's why they've made great dog food. Dont be fooled with all the shit they sell in pet stores, they could kill your animals with their minerals and shit protein. Check for Hill's pet food and vet stuff that are tested and approved.

Nothing prevents you from making your own dog food at home. But it need so many supplements and time to make sure that everything is well balanced (do i need to tell you it's gonna cost you more)
>>
>>2473976
>>2473980
Shows once again the mentality of the average /pol/ idiot goes beyond their political shitposting (and for anyone wondering the way he types is the give away here).
>>
>>2473976

And people use to think smoking was sexy, and good for you, and insulation use to be made with asbestos, and people demons made us sick.

Times change.

Dogs fed table scraps didn't live long, pet food doesn't "sort of exsist. It exsists and was developed for your dog to eat a balanced diet. Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>2474136

Fuck mobile /an/.

People thought* demons made us sick.
>>
>>2474001
soap is not a jewish invention anon stop your lying.
shampooing daily is as cost ineffective as it is unhealthy
>>
Because your dog will get fat.
>>
>>2474075
What the fuck are you even talking about you paranoid libcuck
>>
>>2474152
>soap is not a jewish invention anon stop your lying.
Nope, just an ingredient.
I believe that anon was being sarcastic anyway.
>>
>>2473980
I'm sure your dog enjoys eating the ground up remains of euthanized cats and dogs. You know that dog food still has traces of the "juice" in it, right?
>>
>>2473777
>American
>unseasoned food
?
>>
>>2473688
That's one cute dogger.
>>
>>2473688
Raw food is the best by far I never give my dog processed shit for a bag only raw food like they eat if they were wild
>>
>>2474730
Dogs have evolved from wolves and can efficiently digest cooked food including grains. Raw is unnecessary, and it's risky. There's a very good chance that your dog will develop a nutritional deficiency eventually. Raw bones are less dangerous than cooked but still risk internal injury from sharp pieces. Why do you think wolves live short lives compared to dogs?

Just feed a good kibble or canned food.
>>
>>2474730
wild dogs are scavengers that eat garbage from human settlements, not freshly killed wild game, you retard. They're not hunters.
>>
>>2474730
Imagine being this brain damaged, holy shit.
>>
>>2474787
>what are dingos
retard
>>
>>2473980
You're also not supposed to throw sticks for your dog, give them a taste of beer in their bowl, talk to them harshly, feed them chicken bones, let them off the leash in public spaces, let them on the sofa, wrestle with them, let them jump up to catch things or any number of retarded pieces of advice I've been given over the years. Yet all my dogs have lived long happy lives.
Not op btw.
>>
>>2474809
>wrestle with them, let them jump up to catch things
what dumbass said this?
>>
>>2474018
https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/best-dog-foods/

So many great dog foods you can get for your dog. No reason for anyone to skimp out and buy shitty stuff.

petflow and chewy both do free shipping over 50 bucks and its like a 2 day delivery.
>>
>>2474809
As a pet owner you take calculated risks, so deal with it. The whole point of the post you quoted was about OP asking questions just to bitch about the answers, or turn it in to some kind of conspiracy bullshit anyway.
>>2474381
Prove it or fuck off
>>
>>2474856
DFA is not a reliable source of information. It's run by a human dentist with no education in veterinary medicine.
>>
>>2474389
I think it's a meme or something.

I know there's the stereotype going around now that white people don't season their food. I don't really understand where it came from
>>
>>2474884
Vets themselves can't be trusted either, their schools are funded by Royal Canin, Purina and others.
>>
>>2474855
I've had that particular bit of bullshit said to me a couple of times. All by dipshits worrying about poor doggo's joints.
Like, seriously, if my dog is too much of a piece of shit to be able to withstand rough housing then he wasn't ever going to be a good boy after all.
>>
>>2474879
And my point was that just because something is new fangled and uses lots of fancy words and numbers doesn't mean it's not just sophistry.
>>
>>2473975
My dog will chase me around the house until I give him my pizza crust. Its the only food he begs for. Complete obsession. The smell will wake him up from another room.
>>
>>2474009
That was the joke, friend.

Also you would be surprised how much bone, marrow and tendons are mashed up into things.
>>
>>2474165
Yeah you teach the dumb libtard the power of /r/t_d! Shadilay! And please give some upboats and gold!
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.