[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How easy is it to scam an airline into letting me take my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: SDV01Besdt.jpg (181KB, 779x778px) Image search: [Google]
SDV01Besdt.jpg
181KB, 779x778px
How easy is it to scam an airline into letting me take my dog on for free?
>>
Put it in the hold
>>
>>2471207
It looks like you need a letter from a professional for an ESA, so you better get to faking a disorder.
>>
>>2471207
>Fake anxiety disorder.
>Schedule appt with therapist
>Tell them you'd like our dog as an ESA, and that having him around calms you down
>Flights have to let you keep him
>>
For free? Not sure, maybe some airlines would do it.
In general though, emotional support dogs are included in the air carrier act and the fair housing act. Which means that airlines and land lords literally can't say shit if you get the emotional support letter. There are websites that will run you through a seven to ten question form for $20 and certify you as needing an ESA. The questions include things like "do you get nervous when in front of large crowds?" Which is stupid, it's unusual if a person doesn't.
>>
>>2472166
>"do you get nervous when in front of large crowds?"
No, but I got nervous when I saw how much they charge for taking a dog on flight. Same thing. The emotion my dog will be supporting is my emotion for saving money.
>>
>>2472166
The only real difference between many disorders and a normal person is if it's so bad it causes you significant distress and/or affects your daily functioning ability. So in other words, a lot of reactions someone who actually has a disorder deals with is normal, it's just not normal to the extent that they have it. Same way you're not clinically depressed just because you might get sad sometimes.
>>
>>2472178
Oh totally, I get that. I was just making the point that the leeway given is such that almost nobody would need to lie, the questionnaire is bassicly a rubber stamp.
>>2472177
Then it probably depends on size of breed. I've only ever taken a small pup on a plane and it counted as my under seat carry on, so that was free. From what I've heard, of the dog can't be sat on your lap the whole flight you need to buy it a seat.
>>
>>2472186
Well, that's the point, ain't it? To magic up some proof that anyone has anxiety. Would suck to pay your $20 and not get a letter.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.