[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got any hot tips on how to get a stray cat into a transporter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Got any hot tips on how to get a stray cat into a transporter? I'm taking the females residing in my yard to the vet one by one to get spayed. Now there's only one left, but she's pretty wild and surrounded by far more docile strays who keep hogging the thing, eating the bait, and making the whole process impossible. You'd think they'd learn to be afraid of it, but they don't give a fuck, they're all completely down for another surgery. I'm worried that if I try to do it by force and fail, she'll run away and completely lose her trust. But the bait just isn't working out because her friends keep going for it. And when I try to distract them with other food, she just goes along wherever they're going and ignores the food in the transporter.
>>
Try poisoning the food eventually you'll get the one you want.
>>
>>2471050
I think I'll keep that as the last resort.
>>
>>2471046
The others should have been taken to the local animal control center or a shelter that accepts strays.
>>
>>2471061
Third world my dude. There are places that will neuter them for a low price, which is where I'm taking them. But as far as shelter goes, the options are very limited. Most will euthanize them if they can't find them a home, or set them loose where they found them. I'm actually doing okay with finding them homes. Already gave away four. But there are still four left.
>>
>>2471046
i dont know how to catch her but you are a great anon and i love you
>>
>>2471046
Do what I did, my fellow third world friend.

>put tuna
>cover yourself with a blanket, a heavy one but one you can see through
>wait until the cat eats the tuna that is next to you
>cover cat in blanket
>put it in the box
>spay it
>no more kittens

Try not to move and do it quickly. Alternatively you can make a trap but those are difficult. Another option is to give them sleep pills or whatever they are called, talk to the vet if they have ones for cats.
>>
>>2471109
>blanket
That's not a bad idea. Thank you. Hopefully I won't make a mess of it. In my experience cats tend to carry grudges, so I might only get one shot. Drugging them is a bit iffy, because I have no way to make sure the right one gets doped up. They seem to prefer eating together.
>>
>>2471116
Drug them all... ... ... ...
>>
File: 51cDYK3Y74L.jpg (55KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
51cDYK3Y74L.jpg
55KB, 500x407px
Get a live trap. It's basically a carrier but it closes behind them when they trigger the plate.

They work very well and it would t hurt them. Just be prepared you might catch something else like a skunk or very angry raccoon. I've caught a few cats that way and a rabbit with ham as bait for some reason.

Even Walmart carries them I think. These are seriously your best friend when catching animals.
>>
Put catnip in the carrier.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.