[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Vetfags? I found a worm in my dog's stool and can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1503281747386.jpg (13KB, 465x461px) Image search: [Google]
1503281747386.jpg
13KB, 465x461px
Any Vetfags? I found a worm in my dog's stool and can't I'd what kind it is. Looks like a tapeworm or roundworm. I can't take my dog to the vet because he's aggressive and last time I took him he acted up. So should I just buy dewormers? *Will post pics*
>>
File: 20170902_015422.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170902_015422.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
These pics are blurry but I can't take better one's since I have a shit camera. Please help
>>
>>2470893
Definitely not roundworms. Perhaps pinworms. I think that and roundworms are the most common but roundworms basically look like short pieces of spaghetti.

Just get some revolution and treat them for a few months.
>>
You know you can call a vets office and ask for advice? Instead of know it alls on 4chan who are going to give you incorrect advice.
And even if your dog is a mean prick you can still take him to the vet.
>>
if he's so aggressive the vet won't see him, you should put him down. and probably go to jail.
>>
We rescued him from a dog fighting club. He doesn't trust anyone but us touching him because he used to be abused. I love this dog, he never acted up towards the family especially my young niece who plays with him all the time. Now if a random stranger or some other person he's never seen before tries to touch him he goes bat shit crazy. I'm not putting him down. I'd rather give him some medication than face a lawsuit from a vet. So NO "putting him down" is not an option, this poor guy has been through a lot and I'm not taking his life just because he doesn't trust strangers via the ptsd he's been through.
>>
File: 20170831_200750.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170831_200750.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2470995
It's not that they won't see him. We've been there before to get his shots, he's just acted up really badly EVEN with his muzzle on. I love this dog, putting him down is not an option. He's part of the family and everyone at home loves him.
>>
>>2471122
>I love this dog
>But I won't train or socialize him, and when he gets sick I'll ask strangers on a Bulgarian crocheting imageboard about it instead of taking him to the vet or even just calling a vet

I bet you're either a third worlder or a redneck.
>>
>>2471142
We've tried to socialize him and even asked a professional dog trainer but the guy moved 3 states away and there aren't any good trainers in my area. We have tried our best to socialize him with people and dogs. Dogs he gets along with, but he can't trust any stranger touching him. It triggers a memory of how he used to be beat around, when we rescued him he was in really bad shape. He was black in color due to being infested in fleas. We helped him out, he's spoiled now and gets treats 24/7 he's actually recovered from since we got him. We've taken him to the vet (like I said before) but since he acted up and went crazy when she touched him. (He got his shots for parvo,rabies etc..) just ever since we've decided it'd be best if we just help him on our own. We really don't want to be bitched at or catch a lawsuit from a vet he'd most likely bite.
>>
>>2471160

>>2471142
You can tell I'm neither a redneck or from a 3rd world country. My English would be broken as heck. We're in the US and that's why we don't want to catch a lawsuit. People go overboard with suing it's not even funny. I'd rather not have a $100,000 lawsuit on my hands for a dog bite the size of a tangerine.
>>
>>2471160
You're still being a shit owner for believing the only two possible options are either possibly letting your dog suffer or paying a massive imaginary lawsuit. He's a small dog, you can call the vet to come over and let them know and restrain him so they can anesthetize him which takes literal seconds.

He also looks massively overweight but that's not my problem and apparently not your concern.
>>
File: 1497058013455.jpg (48KB, 498x456px) Image search: [Google]
1497058013455.jpg
48KB, 498x456px
>>2471163
The vet can give you meds to give to your dog before they come in so they chill the fuck out. It's the fault of the restrainer if they get injured, not yours, you won't get sued by a vet practice if one of the staff gets hurt. I've been bitten by cats and dogs and never once did the clinic I work at even consider sueing the client. Either I fucked up, or another tech did. Just make the staff aware of his past and they have the proper tools to deal with the animal. Getting a round of dewormer is effective and pretty necessary if you want your dog to not feel like shit.
t. vet tech
>>
>>2471255
Thanks so much anon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.