[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My border collie is 9 years old and over the last 2 weeks she's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: bc.jpg (50KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
bc.jpg
50KB, 680x680px
My border collie is 9 years old and over the last 2 weeks she's become extremely incontinent. She's never had a pee house training problem before, only diarrhea if she gets super stressed ... never pee though.

But now she's just leaving huge puddles in the rugs, carpet, corner of rooms, etc. She'll try to just walk away with her ass and legs just soaked in pee... obviously she just went while sleeping. I brought her to the vet on tuesday who took some bloodwork and urine to check for a UTI and other stuff, but he thought it was just because she's spayed and 9 years old so we started her on Prion tuesday, 50mg twice a day. It's now Friday and while she hasnt peed the rest of the week, she just did about an hour ago in the corner of my room again.

What do I do? The vet was supposed to call me with the bloodwork results but hasn't, but I'm just at my wits end. She's ruining my flooring, my furniture, my carpets, rugs, etc. It irritates the hell out of me because she's never had this problem before and it came on just so suddenly. Not like a dribble here and there, just huge puddle one day and every couple of nights past that.
>>
Take her out to pee more often. It won't solve the problem but the puddles won't be as bad.

Maybe even invest in doggy diapers if the vet can't find any medical solution.
>>
>>2470712

The door outside is open almost from 6am to 11pm and she can freely go in and out during those times. She pees outside as often as usual :(
>>
>>2470698
>Spayed
I'm sorry anon. Don't fall for this absurd meme again. She's going to have joint and bone issues too, guaranteed. Get her a diaper until you find some meds that work. Hormone replacement therapy can sometimes work, but proin is supposed to be really good too. You might need to experiment with your vet for a bit.
>>
Your vet is probably right, many spayed females develop incontinence when they get older, especially if they were spayed when they were young.

Call your vet to ask about the lab results. In the meantime, look into doggie diapers for her while you're looking for a medical solution. And please be patient with your dog, it's not get fault and she has no control over it so don't be angry with her.
>>
>>2470698

She's a border collie. She's almost guaranteed to have mental issues. She's probably senile at this point because you don't own a farm or field to herd animals with.

They are one of the dog breeds that MUST be worked or they die young, like Dalmatians. Thats why they are hyperactive as fuck.
>>
>>2470817
>joint and bone issues
Like every old person and old animal ever? Fuck off. 9 years is average for a border collie, unaltered or not.

While spaying or neutering too young is fucked, your dog is old, OP. Yes, border collies can live longer but an unspayed one could just as easily kick the bucket already at this age.

Spaying is definitely better than the shit that commonly pops up with not spaying, such as 2k+-6k surgeries when their uterus swells up larger than a football full of puss. I'd show you the pictures of what it looked like when that happened to not one but three of my parent's dogs and my cat. It was an emotional and financial nightmare on us and agony on those pets.
>>
>>2470943
I'm not talking about kicking the bucket, I'm talking about quality of life in the sunset years. Spaying absolutely leads to a significant increase in incontinence and bone/joint problems. Anecdotes are anecdotes. I've seen very few cases of pyo in older bitches, but I have had to euthanize dogs who were suffering from extreme joint pain and urinating on themselves because they couldn't even get up on their own anymore.
>>
>>2470817
>I'm sorry anon. Don't fall for this absurd meme again. She's going to have joint and bone issues too, guaranteed. Get her a diaper until you find some meds that work. Hormone replacement therapy can sometimes work, but proin is supposed to be really good too. You might need to experiment with your vet for a bit.
Recent meta-studies suggest at best a weak correlation between early spaying (before 3 mo) and incontinence. Then again, spaying before 12 mo significantly decreases occurrence of hemangiosarcoma, which is more significant than flimsy anecdotal "evidence" suggesting spaying causes incontinence later on.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.