[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dog has a similar thing to pic related (a benign tumour),

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

My dog has a similar thing to pic related (a benign tumour), he's getting old (about 12).
It doesn't seem to be causing him any problems, he doesn't scratch it and it doesn't look infected or anything.
I was wondering if any of you have or had a dog with the same thing and at what point should i go to a vet.
It seems like a simple enough procedure, they just cut it off and freeze the spot but vets are pretty costly and if it's just for looks i'll not worry about it.
>>
Yes you probably should go to a vet.

And this is why you find a vet you trust. If it is benign, a good vet will be honest with you and not force the procedure on you if it really isn't necessary.
>>
>>2470244
he's only needed to go to a vet once before, he had a tooth that got infected
i took him to the one with the best ratings
it cost a bit more than other ones apparently (i asked my auntie what the normal rate is) and i couldn't bulk bill (like lay-buy) but they seemed ok.
thanks, i've seen other dogs have them for years but he's a good boy and deserves the best i can do.
>>
>>2470242
Let sleeping dogs lie
If it causes him no pain or irritation, there is no need to have it removed. But do keep an eye on it, if it changed in size or causes him discomfort, consult a vet
>>
My dog had two and was fine for a long time
>>
My dog had a small skin tag under her eye. It didn't touch the eyeball and didn't appear to trouble her. Abnormal growths don't necessarily have to be dangerous, a lot of older dogs can have weird lumps on their body that don't bother the animal.

Has your dog had that thing for a long time, or did it develop recently/suddenly? If it's been there for a while, I don't think it's dangerous, but if it appeared recently, it might be good to have a vet see it.
>>
>>2470265
he's had it for over a year
it's touching his eye like in the pic in the OP, i was worried that it was going to be causing irritation later, but he doesnt seem overly worried about it, i'm not sure he even knows it's there
>>
My family doge has one of these, they said it's not a big deal as long as it isn't obstructing their vision.

Since my parents are dumb fucks and don't have pet insurance they are just going to see what happens since such a delicate spot requires antithesis which is expensive.
>>
My dog is 6 and now has a few sebaceous cysts. Kind of sad when dogs start showing their age with grey hair and these kind of things.

I'd get it done if you can afford it, but if it isn't bothering him and just aesthetic, don't worry about it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.