[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it inhumane to declaw a cat? It is a critter I feed, house,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

Why is it inhumane to declaw a cat? It is a critter I feed, house, and clean up after, without proving anything in return.
>>
>>2469338
Nice bait, but you gotta get more subtle. Not using a pic that answers your own question would be a good start.
>>
>>2469342
Dude I seriously believe it is morally ok to do this. The thing is, it's living under my roof and I already cut it's balls off. So why would be wrong to cut off the tips of it's claws.
>>
>>2469346
Because it's not the same thing and there's a reason it's illegal in a lot of places and considered animal mutilation there. It's a much more painful and dramatic surgery because it's essentially 10 amputations and there's evidence the pain is long term and doesn't go away like neutering. Plus, it cripples the cat and alters their gait permanently and can cause more behavioral issues like aggressive biting without warning and refusal to use the litterbox.
Scratching is normal cat behavior and there's many ways to deal with it other than declawing, including trimming their claws, providing plenty of appropriate scratching posts, putting sticky tape on furniture to discourage scratching and using the soft nail caps you can buy. Or if it's really, really something you can't deal with, get another type of pet instead of mutilating a cat.
>>
>>2469354
This.
>>
Did your parents cut your fingertips off?
>>
>>2469354
If it starts biting I might have to defang it. On a more serious note, if it wants to live in my house, it has to follow my rules. Or I will put in a cardboard box out in middle of no where. But I'm not gonna lie, I think I'll use the soft cap stuff simply because it's cheaper and will take no time.
>>
>>2469359
No, but they did cut the tip of my dick off.
>>
My grandparents declawed their cat
It's still a piece of shit but less than it was before
>>
This is literally the least subtle bait I have ever seen.

>ask why you shouldnt do something
>literally post the answer as the image in the OP
>>
>>2469367
No vet is going to defang a cat because it bites, hardly any of them even will declaw cats now. And if you really don't understand why removing a cat's teeth yourself would be inhumane, I'm going to go back to thinking you're trolling.
>>
>>2469371
It's a joke.
>>
>>2469367
>, if it wants to live in my house, it has to follow my rules.
Again, cats scratch on stuff. If you can't deal with this, don't get a fucking cat. Your arbitrary rules that you are trying to force on an animal which is only doing what comes naturally, do not matter.
>>
>>2469346
Because you've already cut off his balls
>>
>>2469338
Ummm. Cats are not humans. So who cares what petafags think.
You trim your nails right? Same thing imho.
>>
>>2469460
>trimming your nails is the same as cutting off the bones they are attached too
Idiot
>>
>>2469404
That is why I have the cardboard box.
>>
>>2469338
If it didn't provide anything in return, you wouldn't have it.
>>
>>2469470
And this is why you are a fool
>>
>>2469457
Yes, mutilating it's body for my benefit.
>>
>>2469460
Exactly what I was thinking. But I think I'll just super glue those soft cap things onto his paws, because they're cheaper.
>>
>>2469472
Ok, to each their own I guess.
>>
>>2469476
There ya go.
>>
File: 1474600096512.jpg (22KB, 220x210px) Image search: [Google]
1474600096512.jpg
22KB, 220x210px
>everytime
>>
>>2469338
No it is not inumane.

Shitty cat owners let their pests roam outside and kill BILLIONS of native species. If they will not control their shitty pests, declawing should be mandatory for the good of ecosystems everywhere.
>>
>>2469669
A declawed cat does nothing for the ecosystem. Cats hunt on the ground. Bells don't help either.
>>
>>2469700
Well of course keeping them inside and killing freaks would be the best situation, but this is a compromise. Do you have any evidence that it doesn't hinder their hunting?
>>
File: felis the peak.jpg (635KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
felis the peak.jpg
635KB, 1200x1800px
Is it wrong for me to be obsessed with cats?
I really, honest to god love cats. I have several neko posters plastered up all over my house, boy girl, trap, whatever. I can't get enough of their nyaa's and purrs, I always get really sad whenever I see a cat hurt or sad, I feel so connected to them. Sometimes, with my little kitten, I let him lick my tongue and kiss me, it makes me feel more like an inner cat if I can get some of that Saliva, transforming me. Cats really are the peak of mammals, even beyond humans. Nothing will beat the feeling of feeling up a cat in so many ways.
>>
>>2469720
Look it up yourself. You can do it, buddy. I believe in you.
>>
>>2469669
Fuck off. Cats have been breed to survive in a city untethered. Also there aren't any important animals in this city.
>>
>>2469722
A little crazy, but who am I to judge.
>>
>>2469722
copypasta in a bait thread, it's like shitting on shit.
>>
File: doberman pinscher.jpg (52KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
doberman pinscher.jpg
52KB, 400x533px
>>2469354
How many places make that illegal but allow dog ears and tails to be cut and docked?
>>
>>2469725
>i have no sources

Ok then

Declawing is still on the table
>>
>>2469732
Your cat didn't evolve to avoid antifreeze and highway traffic.

You're a fucking horrible lazy owner.
>>
>>2469732
Average lifespan of an outdoor cat: 5 years
Average lifespan of an indoor cat: 15 years

Yup. They're real gud at the outside.
>>
>>2469796
>spoon feed me, daddy
>>
>>2469669
remember the six gorillion squirrells
>>
>>2469367
you dont need pets
or children
>>
>>2469797
While you're right it didn't evolve to avoid anti-freeze. But I disagree with the traffic part, cats did and are evolving to avoid traffic, or did you not notice that feral cats thriving in cities?
>>
>>2469800
Can I see where you got those numbers from?
>>
>>2469917
good goy
>>
>>2469926
>thriving

They live short lives full of struggle
>>
File: IMG_0742.png (149KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0742.png
149KB, 750x1334px
>>2469930
Find any sources to the contrary
>>
>>2469959
Thanks for the source. I'll honestly let my cat go out if he wants to go out.
>>
>>2469954
They live in colonies, have kittens, and survive off of pigeons without human help in the cities. I don't know about you but I call that thriving.
>>
>>2469800
what about indoor/outdoor cats?
>>
>>2470043
That's fine. I treat and eliminate outdoor cats as I would any pest such as cockroaches or termites.
>>
>>2470098
Sounds good. I need a way to get money out of people who break the law.
>>
File: 1498114876967s.jpg (7KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1498114876967s.jpg
7KB, 250x190px
>>2470107
>catfags are this delusional
>>
>>2470121
Is it not illegal to kill an animal owned by someone else?
>>
>>2470123
Depends on the situation.
If your "pet" is on my property, and is being a nuisance, I can dispatch it as I see fit,and there is not a fucking thing you can do about it. That's if I loan up to it, or you can prove I did something,which is highly unlikely.
Of course if you were a responsible owner neither one of us would be in this situation, but why start using common sense now?
>>
>>2470125
I see, well I guess the little pest best not get on your property then. If he does well, I guess I'll be burying him.
>>
>>2470121
In any case, I'm more of a dog person.
>>
>>2469371
it was an obvious joke you mong
>>
>>2470107
How are you even going to get money out of me? How are they going to trace Tylenol in tuna back to me? You think they're going to break out CSI for your shitty pest? Get real, I've been practicing selective pest control for years. No one cares.
>>
>>2469346
it can live without its balls but it's supposed to have its claws
>>
>>2469368
feels good to be uncut
>>
File: he's right.jpg (120KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
he's right.jpg
120KB, 800x598px
>>2470895
agreed
although i do have to admit, whilst living at home my old boy has ragged the damned carpet, and i'm often hearing "dammit i'll have to get a new carpet" and "ruddy hell i can't afford a new carpet"
thing is the carpet is crap , as thier isn't enough glue to keep it from being pulled out
>>
>>2470891
I like putting camera collars on my animals.
>>
>>2470894
lol Would that really be living tho? Jokes aside it can live without claws.
>>
So what's a good way to keep a cat's claws in check?

I haven't spent much time with cats or animals in general, but whenever I did, they would always snag on my clothes whenever they tried getting up on me or start digging into the skin with just the slightest force.

If I got a cat I wouldn't want to declaw it, but I also don't want to have to deal with damaged clothes or getting scratched up all day.
>>
>>2470960
Super glue rubber on to the claws.
>>
>>2470977
Or just trim its claws. But whatever you do, it's best if you start doing it young with a new kitten and get them used to it just as a regular routine thing that happens. Same with bathing if it's a long furred breed.
>>
>>2470046
>They live in colonies
Infested with disease and inbreeding
>have kittens
Constantly, with a high death-rate
>and survive off of pigeons
Sheer nonsense, most of a stray cats diet is rubbish
>I don't know about you but I call that thriving
You're parading your ignorance. These animals live short lives where they have as many kittens as possible before dying prematurely (whether it be violently or by disease/poisoning). Saying stray cats are thriving is like saying starving Africans are thriving because they have such a high birth-rate to counteract the death-rate.
>>
>>2469794
I think it mostly goes hand in hand. In Australia it does at least, though the anti tail-docking law was much more recent.

>>2469669
>All animals should be mutilated because some people can't keep theirs inside
Very odd and disturbing logic
>>
>>2469948
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2470125
Where do you live?
>>
>>2469478
Normally i dont post here, but you are far too fucking retarded not to tell you that. That is all.
>>
>>2469367
It sounds like the cat would be better off in a cardboard box than with you.

Fuck off and kill yourself. A cat is your friend, you don't own them. They have their own body
>>
>>2471030
He's probably a dogfag, they can't handle responsibility.
>>
>>2470921
Good thing 99.99% of cat owners are too lazy to give this much of a shit about their pets. They have their cats as background furniture and throw them outside to destroy whatever they want.
>>
>>2469338
why is it inhumane to chop my baby's fingertips off? it is a small human I feed, house, and clean up after, without providing anything in return
>>
>>2471030
What's with this liberal bullshit.
Animals are not your friends, they don't even understand the concept of friendship.
And of course, my cat is my property, it if fucks up, its my responsibility, and if i am tired of it, i can put it down
>>
>>2470993
It reminds me of the midevil royalty. Short lives, high death rates, and inbreeding. Were they thriving, or does dying in your 30s mean you weren't.
>>
>>2471023
Ok, to each their own.
>>
>>2471204
I disagree with the first part, my dogo and I are good friends.
>>
>>2471197
Humans are a very different animal.
>>
My cat was declawed in the front by his previous owners. Now he can't grab things like a normal cat can, and he can't catch himself when he falls off something. Don't do it bros ;_;
>>
>>2469367
The cat would be even better living on the street dieing at the age of 6, than living 16 years with chrinic pain, phantom limb syndrome and with a sociopath
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.