[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey burgers can you catch lizards or salamanders to take them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (4MB, 336x238px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
4MB, 336x238px
hey burgers can you catch lizards or salamanders to take them into terrarium legally without licences and permissions?
>>
As far as I know even picking up bones of some species is a federal offence in Burgerland.
>>
>>2468674
As long as you're not literally boasting about doing it on social media it's all good.
>>
>>2468686
what if i share photos of my WC (caught by me in the usa) lizards on social media?
>>
>>2468674
Yes

All wild animals are secretly implanted with a RFDI chip by the Illumanti. This RFDI is tracked by your phone, and if one is detected to be in your house, the Illumanti turn on all the cameras in your house to monitor for illegally kept wild life. When it is located, they then send their secret police to make you have an unfortunate accident and release the creature back to the wild.

Continue at your own peril. Read this before they can delete it.
>>
>>2468674
Depends on the state and species. Some prohibit anything, some just require (but often don't enforce) a fishing license.
>>
>>2468698
You're thinking of PETA
>>
>>2468704
>implying PETA isn't just an Illumanti shell
WAKE UP
>>
>>2468698
>release the creature back to the wild.
Lol, no. Policy is to immediately euthanize on site.
>>
>>2468704
People eating tasty animals.
>>
>>2468674
Yes. Only a few species are protected, that's mostly migratory birds though.
>>
>>2468674
yes.
most states require you to have a fishing license is all.
>>
You cannot really generalize. Following these anons advice:
>>2468773
>>2468775
You would have F&W at your door to confiscate and euthanize all your animals.

Some states are lax, others are insane. You have to check out your specific states F&W legislation on the subject.

Salamanders are a touchy issue. In most states you cannot capture and own wild salamanders, because they worry about transmission of both invasive species, and diseases.
Many states have specific laws regulating amphibians, more so than lizards. Mostly because they all have invasive potential for the most part, and spread chytridiomycoses.

As a general rule though, most invasive species are okay to capture. However, once captured, the law states it cannot be released. You have to euthanize if you don't want it anymore.
>>
>>2468801
>You would have F&W at your door to confiscate and euthanize all your animals
ah, I see you've never been to America.

again, it's legal to take common species of lizard or amphibian in every state. Most states require you to have a fishing license or be a minor.
>>
>>2468815
The exact rules vary so wildly from state to state though, you need to do your research instead of taking anything as a generalization though.
>>
>>2468820
>The exact rules vary so wildly from state to state though
nope.
not really.

they're considered fishing bait everywhere.
>>
>>2468826
No. Some states are really strict about what you can take. You're the one sounding like you've never been to America if you really don't think regulations of any type are a crazy patchwork from state to state.
>>
>>2468815
Dude, I live in Oregon, where it is illegal to possess almost every creature outside your door. Suck a cock.
Why don't you stop talking out your ass.
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/oars/56.pdf
>>
>>2468829
>Some states are really strict about what you can take.
examples?

only one I'm aware of is Hawaii.
>>
The problem this thread is having is that state laws vary so much that non-americans need to think of each state as their own country. We have about 20,000 laws just about guns. For animals it varies wildly to 'this is illegal to own' to 'you can only take this is if it's 3pm on March 3rd only if it's overcast with a chance of rain and the night of a full moon'.
>>
>>2468831
let me help you out.
"non-native" means animals that aren't from Oregon.

that's a list of animals NOT FROM Oregon you're not allowed to own.
> Suck a cock.
>Why don't you stop talking out your ass.
right back at ya, moron.
>>
>>2468846
our gun laws vary far more than our laws on collecting fishing bait.

even then, every single state allows the ownership of guns. Or native salamanders.
>>
>>2468848
>>2468831
You clearly didn't read past the header.
It goes on to elaborate on the rules regarding general wildlife, and categorizes it into "native" "prohibited" "invasive" "controlled" and "uncontrolled"
>>
>>2468842
I don't know if you'd count it as strict, but Indiana actually considers common bullfrogs and common snapping turtles of all things to be game species and has seasons on them and bag limits and everything.
Just assuming your state has no oddities like this and that it's cool to take as much as you want and whatever you want instead of doing a Google search is asking for trouble.
>>
>>2468860
yes, and almost none of your native taxa are on the list.

feel free to show me the part you're talking about though.
>>
>>2468867
all states have bag limits. That sorta comes with the license. They hand you a rulebook.
>>
>>2468868
Requirements for Importation and Possession of Live Wildlife

For species, subspecies or hybrids listed as Prohibited or those species not yet class
ified, a permit will not be issued allowing the importation and possession of live wildlife, except to American Zoo and Aquarium Association (AZA) accredited facilities, colleges, universities and those facilities which can demonstrate compliance with stan
dards as provided in (omitted). For species, subspecies or
hybrids listed as Controlled, an importation permit may be required as set forth by the commission. For species, subspecies or hybrids listed as Noncontrolled, no ODFW importation permit is required.
>>
>>2468872
I omitted the numbering on the regulations because 4chan thinks they are spam.
>>
>>2468869
And that rulebook is going to vary enough to state to state that's it's worth actually reading up on so you don't get fucked up by some odd rule only your state has or something. That's all I'm trying to say, if you want to play safe, you need to do your homework for your specific state instead of assuming.
>>
>>2468852
Besides endangered ones I'd assume and where they were found. It's illegal to pick up rocks or leaves from many parks, as well as anything else native you could find there. Not exactly a unique thing to the US as Chesil Beach comes to mind. You'll get fined out your asshole for taking a pebble.

If OP is a burger then he should really just look up the specific fish and game website for that state. We can own native animals unlike Aussies with the exception of birds and wild caught endangered animals.
>>
>>2468872
yes, this part deals directly with IMPORTING NON NATIVE SPECIES.

importing.

ah jeez, this isn't going to work. You can't read.
>>2468877
I just figure people with fishing licenses read the rules.

anyways, you're right I guess but it doesn't change the fact that all states allow the collecting of native bait species which include common herps. And the further fact that most states require you to have a fishing license to collect bait.
>>
>>2468886
What does "Wildlife" mean to you?
>>
>>2468886
You wouldn't know if you need a license or what type if you don't research your state first, so it's all kinda circular.
>>
>>2468888
wild animals as opposed to domestic.

If you think "wildlife" here includes native species, how do you explain the part about importing?

are you thinking it's possible to import native wildlife? How do you import something that's already in your state?
>>
>>2468894
it also doesn't matter because unless you're selling them on ebay or something nobody cares.

these laws aren't enforced unless someone's being a real dick about it.
>>
>>2468674

In my state (michigan), you can legally take 2 non-protected lizards, salamanders, or turtles per day with a fishing license . Not sure if there is a yearly limit on em
>>
>>2468897
You're entirely right but OP specifically asked about legality and I'm assuming he and other people in the thread probably care if what they're doing is illegal even if they won't get caught.
>>
>>2468900
In the US if a law isn't enforced it's legal to break it.
>>
>>2468895
Maybe because there is something called a bioregion. If you read the list on nonnative prohibited's, you would realize it is about two thirds of all wildlife in Oregon.
>>
>>2468904
I just scanned the amphibians.

I only saw 2 species native to Oregon and both were only listed as controlled if non-native.

I think you just grabbed the wrong document and have the reading comprehension of a below-average 12 year old.

It's fine, I'm pretty sure Oregon actually has some laws on what you can't take, but these aren't them. And I find it depressing discussing this with you because I feel bad for you. I shouldn't have to feel bad for you, anon.

please learn to read good.
>>
>>2468904
The uncontrolled's list and the invasives are the only animals you can capture and possess.
Not only do these lists delimit what you can't have, they delimit what you can have. If it isn't on the list, permittance is required.
>>
>>2468904
>it is about two thirds of all wildlife in Oregon.
I'm not seeing it.

the entire list is animals NOT NATIVE to Oregon.
>>
we used to catch salamanders all the time but we'd just end up releasing them, but that was 20 plus years ago. their probably extinct now because of all the pollution.
>>
>>2470094
damn dont you have antipollution laws in burgerland?
>>
>>2470359
The same laws China, India and all of Africa has
>>
>>2468674
Sure!
>>
File: shoot him now.gif (3MB, 376x278px) Image search: [Google]
shoot him now.gif
3MB, 376x278px
>>2468872
>Anon can't even English
It's a rule about importing and possession of non natives you doofus.
If you don't import it, the rule doesn't apply.
Importation and possession is not the same as Importation or possession
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.