[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are species with "r" reproductive strategy less monogamous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1430778674223.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1430778674223.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
are species with "r" reproductive strategy less monogamous and more promiscuous than species having "K" reproductive strategy?
>>
>>2468654
R-type reproductive species don't typically have (or require) bonded pairs, since bonded pairs dont really confer a fitness advantage when your reproductive strategy is "shit out a bunch of eggs/seeds that hatch into independent orgamisms that can immediately care for themselves."

You're basically asking if shit like fish, trees, and dandelions are monogamous.
>>
>>2468666
it is not written with capital letter
and repy
yes or no
>>
>>2468654

how the FUCK do you get into a situation like that?

I mean there are literally thousands of ways to not get into this and if it does happen for some reason just as many ways to get out of this, like for example just dropping to the floor+rolling away or letting yourself fall back+side really quickly.

the video of it showed it went on for like 20 fucking seconds, he must have enjoyed it
>>
>>2468702
>Dropping to the floor and just hoping a 500lb+ mass doesn't drop right on top of you, or stomp on you or impale you with it's hung dick.
>>
>>2468654

I don't think promiscuous has any meaning in the animal kingdom. Even most species that adopt a K strategy aren't monogamous.
>>
>>2468727
just be fucking quick and not just stand there getting poked by that dick for literal hours
>>
File: screen568x568.jpg (48KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
screen568x568.jpg
48KB, 568x320px
>>2468684
Phoneposting. The first letter auto-capitalized and I can't be assed to change that shit manually.

You know the fucking answer, though. Trees and fish and turtles and shit dont have bonded pairs, so concepts like monogamy or promiscuity aren't applicable. It's like asking what kind of pants rectangles prefer.
>>
>>2468732
>Even most species that adopt a K strategy aren't monogamous.
yes but still greater percentage than species which have r strategy
amirite?
>>
>>2468666
> implying humans aren't r strategy animals
Come on, we barely life for a century and spread like fucking crazy.
I would argue though, that for the sake of genetic variance, even k-strategist switch it up from time to time or form poly amorous relationships. Think of a network of trees, sharing and dividing between all of them, yet some get less and some get more.
>>
>>2470373
humans are longliving animals and they dont have many children per capita
>>
>>2470374
> animals
Yeah, but in comparison to trees, plants and fungi it's short.
Also, it stands to reason, that humans killed most k-animals, similar to the megafauna, due to low birth rates in the animal population. So it's no wonder we're among the most long living.
We're probably somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.