[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heard meowing at 8am and ignored it for about 2 hours. Then went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: _DSC0078-1.jpg (605KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0078-1.jpg
605KB, 1000x665px
Heard meowing at 8am and ignored it for about 2 hours. Then went to take a look to find a lone kitten with eyes still closed. Decided to leave it alone and wait for momma to return. Came back from work to hear it still meowing at 10:30 pm. It had moved and was stuck in a weird place. Decided to take it inside overnight and head to petsmart in the morning.

Is this a good idea or should I have just left it?

Went to get kitten formula just in case.
>>
The mother probably abandoned it for a reason, but just realize taking care of a kitten is tough.
You gotta feed it every 3-4 hours and wipe it's bottom with a warm cloth after to get it to poop.
>>
Can cats who recently had litters feed and take care of others' kittens?
>>
Kitten meows when I try to leave it in a petbed so now I have it on my arm next to my body. It's relaxed and stopped meowing.

Unfortunately,I couldn't get a bottle and tried to feed it with a syringe but its a tad too big. Any suggestions or further things I should know until the morning?
>>
Make the kitten pee. Kittens (and puppies) can't do it on their own until 3-4 weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KExOXnZHt50
>>
>>2467365
Get a hot water bottle and wrap it with a towel.

Also, it definitely isn't "big". It looks tiny and un-weaned.

Go to Walmart to get an empty syringe and powdered kitten formula (I lived in Opelika Alabama at one point at even that store hat kitten milk). Give once every 3 hours.

Take to a vet ASAP in the morning.
>>
>>2467361
Yes, they have been known to adopt other kittens from time to time. It's not common but not unheard of either.
>>
>>2467378
Does it happen less often than with dogs?
>>
>>2467361
>>2467378
>>2467385
It's not uncommon, it happens a the time and it's highly encouraged. For feral cats, not so much because there's nothing stopping momma cats from moving kittens around(as queens do often in a 'wild' setting).

New dog and cat moms are very accepting of new babies, more so with cats. Their mom hormones are raging and it makes them docile and motherly to the point where vicious hunter cats most of the time won't even blink if you slip an entirely different species babies under her such as squirrels or rabbit kits.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.