[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the spookiest bird in the world, /an/? I think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
What's the spookiest bird in the world, /an/? I think it's the whip-poor-will.
>>
Why is it spooky?
>>
>>2465155
Look at its derp-ass face
>>
>>2465159
Clearly you've never seen a bearded vulture. You want spooks, try having one of those big bastards look you in the eye. They know you harbor a delicious skeleton in you, they know, and they're just waiting for you to die so they can get at that sweet, sweet marrow.
>>
Potoo
o
t
o
o
>>
File: header-image.png (449KB, 620x417px) Image search: [Google]
header-image.png
449KB, 620x417px
>>2465164
they're spooky in the sense that they look like actual hell demons, which might be true since all they eat is fucking bones
>>
I reavaluated my opinion of chickens when one morning I opened their coop and found the mangled remains of a weasel in there.
They're like mini dinosaurs.
>>
>>2465137
Barn owl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdWrVmy8fZ4
>>
>>2465185
One of my family's chickens, a little bantam hen, ate a live snake once.
>>
Loons. They make spooky sounds.
>>
File: let me in.jpg (181KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
let me in.jpg
181KB, 1080x1080px
>>2465176
>>
File: barnowlhorror.gif (4MB, 280x175px) Image search: [Google]
barnowlhorror.gif
4MB, 280x175px
barn owls are real spooky
>>
>>2465438
And they make the most horrible noise to come out of pretty much any non-cockatoo bird.
>>
>>2465187
We had a tiny bantam rooster who normally acted like a cute little doofus.

He murdered a possum and caved in its skull.
>>
File: images-203.jpg (26KB, 359x410px) Image search: [Google]
images-203.jpg
26KB, 359x410px
>>2465155
>huge black empty eyes
>uncanny un-birdlike appearance (fucking whiskers man)
>wide mouths that could swallow your soul
>eerie call that goes on all night

There's a reason why native Americans think they predict death, Lovecraft and many other horror writers mentioned them in their works, and Bosch drew their European relatives as literal demons in Hell devouring the souls of the damned.

>"It is vowed that the birds are psychopomps lying in wait for the souls of the dying, and that they time their eerie cries in unison with the sufferer's struggling breath If they can catch the fleeing soul when it leaves the body, they instantly flutter away chittering in daemonic laughter; but if they fail, they subside gradually into a disappointed silence."-The Dunwich HorrorbyHoward Phillips Lovecraft
>>
>>2465169
If I had a potoo I would name him chip
Potoo chip
>>
>>2465637
The Dunwich Horror

For those interested
>>
pigeons
>>
File: the-rook-david-chapman-1280.jpg (43KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
the-rook-david-chapman-1280.jpg
43KB, 1280x960px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.