[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think my quaker parrot hates me. Whenever I go near the cage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I think my quaker parrot hates me. Whenever I go near the cage it leaps to the edge of the cage and snaps at it trying to bite me. The other day I put my hand in the cage to try to pet it and give it attention with gloves on and it bit me and broke skin through the glove. It used to be my sisters bird and she'd smack the cage when she thought it was being too loud. Is there any way I can get my birb to be more comfortable around me? Thanks.
>>
Also, whenever I whistle to her she bobs her head as if she wants attention, but I don't know how to give it to her any other way
>>
Do you ever let her out of the cage?
>>
>>2464728
No, one time she got out on accident and she did her best to get away. When I picked her up her heart was beating really fast.
>>
>>2464729
I don't get why anyone would get a social, active and flying animal only to keep it alone in a cage. It doesn't make sense to me on any level.
>>
>>2464737
What am I supposed to do?
>>
File: birb.webm (3MB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
birb.webm
3MB, 360x640px
>>2464740
I have cockatiel. He gets to roam around the house during the day but goes back to his cage at night to sleep, at which point I lock him in and pull a blanket over it so he can sleep. I remove the blanket in the morning and let him out when he asks me to.

His previous owner kept him locked in a cage all the time like you do, so when I got him he was really bad at flying and extremely protective of his cage (which he still is).
>>
>>2464747
So should I try letting her out? The one time she got out she tried to hide inside of the piano (her cage was near it at the time but it's sense been moved into my room). I dont wan't her to end up getting stuck somewhere.
>>
>>2464759
If you're not planning on letting her out a least a couple of hours every day you should give here to someone else who would. Perhaps you should anyway because, no offense, you don't seem to know much at all about parrot ownership.
>>
>>2464759
you should try giving her to someone who will take care of it properly anon
>>
>>2464723
Have you considered that it could be that your parrot is a Quaker and would just like to be out flying free professing the gospel of birb?
>>
>>2464759
what other anons are saying, this isnt a cage bird, its a bird you interact with. you could probably find someone to rehab it, please remember it lives like 40 years
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.