[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a zoo, wolf gets aggressive with soldier, zookeeper saves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 3255324324.jpg (64KB, 633x780px) Image search: [Google]
3255324324.jpg
64KB, 633x780px
In a zoo, wolf gets aggressive with soldier, zookeeper saves the soldier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOk0VTqCmN8
>>
>>2464566
notice how she kicks the shit out of it and doesn't back down

it's all about fear
>>
>>2464611

Yeah. She even chases it down afterward to scold it.
>>
That was hardly an attack. The wolf wasn't looking to do damage.
>>
>Wolf Attacks - a group of military dog handlers visited the Kolmården Zoo, near Norrköping in central Sweden, to study wolves behavior.
why
>>
File: 1500177930092.jpg (82KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1500177930092.jpg
82KB, 1024x576px
>>2464611
>>2464612
WAS HE RIGHT ALL ALONG?!?
>>
why would the soldier put dog cookies in his pocket when visiting a pack of fucking wolves
>>
>>2464899
No. Wolves are wild animals, and their behavior in captivity is that of scared, frustrated wild animals trying to make sense of their situation. Dogs have been domesticated for literally thousands of years and can and should be treated differently as a result.

>>2464613
This too, that video is ridiculous in its claim that the situation was mere minutes away from becoming a bloodbath. The wolf was being entitled and pushy about food but wasn't trying to hurt the soldier, and wasn't seriously trying to hurt the zookeeper either.
>>
>>2464927
Can wolves learn bite inhibition? I mean I guess as puppies they learn with their littermates, but do they also apply it to humans?
>>
>>2464895
>Sweden

Probably looking for more "cultural enrichment" huehuehue
>>
>>2464927
>No. Wolves are wild animals, and their behavior in captivity is that of scared, frustrated wild animals trying to make sense of their situation. Dogs have been domesticated for literally thousands of years and can and should be treated differently as a result.

because you're totally educated enough to make such a statement.

shut up
>>
>>2465059
holy reddit spacing
>>
>>2465061

What a great cop out reply. Quit posting with your feelings for once in your life.
>>
>>2464927
>This too, that video is ridiculous in its claim that the situation was mere minutes away from becoming a bloodbath. The wolf was being entitled and pushy about food but wasn't trying to hurt the soldier, and wasn't seriously trying to hurt the zookeeper either.

Look man I'm not an expert or anything but my instincts tell me that the wolf biting the dude was trying to find out how far he could go and get away with it. And I'll bet the other wolves were going to take notice of the result. The zookeeper's response makes sense in this framework and she gets really good results.
>>
>>2465059
What were inaccurate or displayed "uneducated" statements of that post you are referring to?
>>2465066
Unlike your shitpost where you tell a poster to shut up, without even explaining what was incorrect about their statements? Sure calling out "redditspacing" is easymode strawman, but when referring to arrogant shitposts like yours maybe it's argument enough.
>>
All you negroids speculating don't know that the soldier was concealing food that he planned to give to the wolves.
>>
I've visited that exact wolf enclosure and got to pet them. They behaved well towards us people, but seeing them growl and snarl towards each other gave a good impression of how scary a pissed of wolf can look.
>>
>>2465111
>my instincts tell me that the wolf biting the dude was trying to find out how far he could go and get away with it
>I'll bet the other wolves were going to take notice of the result
This is anthropomorphization and projection.

>>2465059
Cool. What are you qualifications?
>>
>>2465309
>This is anthropomorphization and projection.
>/an/
>>
>>2465059
>'Wolves are not dogs' is a controversial and triggering statement

>>2465111
>Wolf is food-aggressive towards a guest and responds to being scolded with rearing up on its hind legs, biting and snarling
>'she gets really good results'

Why are wolfaboos like this?
>>
>>2464927
Zookeeper's gotta maintain dominance over the pack and any challenges must be answered. The only thing she did wrong was turning her back on him and not forcing him to roll and show the belly.
>>
>>2465340
I wasn't criticizing the zookeeper, I was criticizing A) the claim that 'If the zookeeper hadn't intevened this would have put the soldiers at high risk of being mauled to death' and the claim that dogs and wolves are the same and can be treated interchangeably.
>>
The soldier had candy in his pocket despite being told not to have any food on their person when in with the wolves.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.