[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to ship a puppy? I want a specific breed but they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1490445187268.jpg (104KB, 900x774px) Image search: [Google]
1490445187268.jpg
104KB, 900x774px
Is it possible to ship a puppy? I want a specific breed but they don't have any in my city. I've heard it meantioned that you can ship a puppy by plane. Is that cruel or stressfull for the puppy?
>>
>>2464478
Just drive to it
>>
I mean, I wouldn't stick a puppy on an 8 hour flight. But I had one of my dogs shipped on a 1 hour flight, and went to pick him up at the airport.

So it depends on the distances.

You or the breeder may have to hire a pet travel company.
>>
>>2464522
Yeah, I know it would be quite the cost, but I would work out some way to have a dude stick the dog in a car and drive it to you rather than fly it long distances.
>>
>>2464524
Eh, I picked 1 hr fly time, put another hour either side for drop off and deliver, over a 16hr car journey, which woulda required a lot more organisation and potential stress and woulda necessitated making sure the dog was hydrated and not sick and fed and pottied.

Like you know sometimes a short, albeit stressful, flight is just easier. Like I wouldn't do it to a toy dog puppy, or one that was less than like 12 weeks.
>>
no

Op I refuse to believe you are not baiting right now
>>
You can drive across the country in two days if you have another driver and/or on meth.

I'd just drive, honestly. You can ship a puppy via plane but you could always just make a road trip out of it.
>>
>>2464666
I'm >>2464522

I have refractory epilepsy and not allowed to drive until I've been seizure free for a year, which is unfortunate because no medication works so I just seize all the time.

Sometimes it just isn't feasible.
>>
>>2464672
Ah, sucks. I had a random seizure once and couldn't drive for the next six months. Never found out why but it was dogshit.

Can you train your new puppy to warn you when you're about to have a seizure?
>>
>>2464478
You'd have to watch out because there are a lot of scams that revolve around shipping puppies. Sometimes people end up getting scammed out of their money by people who don't even really have a puppy to sell, they'll just use pictures from online to pretend they do.
>>
File: P_20170225_090255.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170225_090255.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
I didn't ship her alone, but my dog came with me to the USA from the Philippines.

It was 16 hours of travel.

She wasn't severely traumatized by the experience mentally, but it was physically taxing. She didn't feel good the day we landed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.