[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Had to fucking put my dog down today Anyone else had to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 1434533069604.jpg (36KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1434533069604.jpg
36KB, 300x360px
>Had to fucking put my dog down today

Anyone else had to go through this? He was a little jack Russell terrier and he died fucking instantly.
>>
just buy a new one lmao
>>
File: dog.jpg (243KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
243KB, 1366x768px
>>2464358
When you agree to get a dog, you also agree to watch it die when its time comes a few years later.
All dogs are temporary pets.
>>
>>2464403
>tfw turtles are the only permanent pets
>>
>>2464420
donĀ“t forget macaws
>>
>>2464363
You are aware people can grow attached to there pets, right?
>>
2 guinea pigs and a dad
>>
Sorry to hear anon.
We had to put our girl down 4months ago.
It was the worst, she died before they had even emptied the syringe into her.

Still get sad about her death everyday.
>>
>>2464428
And Koi
>>
>>2464358
>he died fucking instantly.
take comfort in that, mine suffered for hours until we could go to the vet to put the poor pup down. damn, he just was 5 years old for fucks sake
>>
>>2464358
Had to put down my pug and bury her in the backyard before moving. I know your feels man.
>>
>>2464403
>>>2464358 (OP)
>When you agree to get a dog, you also agree to watch it die when its time comes a few years later.
>All dogs are temporary pets.
A few years ? Wtf are you doi g to your dogs ??? Should be a decade regardless of breed, dumb ass
>>
>>2465754
large breeds commonly live for less than 10 years
>>
>>2465761
Ridgeback life expenctanxy is generally 12 or more
>>
My 14 year old Maltese very recently. I'm not religious so bullshit about meeting him in the afterlife doesn't work with me. I just try to think about him not suffering anymore and not being aware he wasn't going to wake up again.
>>
>>2464358
>Anyone else had to go through this?
No. You're the first one in history
>>
>>2465754
Tell me how to treat my dog so he stays with me for ten years.
It's a shepherd, got him from a shelter this year, he's 10.
>>
>>2465754
Irish wolfhounds and great Danes usually only make it to 8 or so years
>>
Had to put a cat down a couple days ago. They gave her anesthesia and I held her. By the time I gave her back to the vet to put her down, she had already died. It was comforting to be the last thing she felt and saw.
>>
File: 1424730526147.jpg (42KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1424730526147.jpg
42KB, 500x499px
My cat is really fucking old and refuses to die naturally, but I want her to be at home when she finally does die.
>>
>>2464358
My father shot our dog when she was terminally ill and dying. It was cheaper to shoot her than to take her to the vet and we were too poor to have her treated.
>>
>>2465921
I feel like shooting them is more humane than slowly poisoning them, but it just looks more peaceful when their head is intact.
>>
>>2465921
Fuck, euthanasia is not that expensive, you really didn't have the money for it?

>>2465928
They get a dose of sedatives before hand, it doesn't hurt at all, shooting them may not do the job immediately.
>>
File: Born_to_feel.jpg (58KB, 717x837px) Image search: [Google]
Born_to_feel.jpg
58KB, 717x837px
>>2465933
I mean, 50-150 dollars is a lot more than a 20 cent varmint .223 or 9mm to the head. I don't like thinking about it but when it's time I will probably take my boy to the woods, give him his last cheeseburger and put it through his brain.
>>
>>2465761
My Rottweiler lived to be about 12 and the only thing that stopped him was a massive tumor
>>
File: my basset.jpg (414KB, 1961x1308px) Image search: [Google]
my basset.jpg
414KB, 1961x1308px
Sorry about your loss OP. I had to put my dog down about two weeks ago.

It's basically what >>2464403 said though. I don't have any regrets since I mentally prepared ahead of time that this was eventually going to happen and made sure she had a good life til then.
>>
>>2465990
anon, you don't have to make a tradition of it
>>
>>2464358
So sorry for you OP. I have no advice. I guess I'll just kill myself when my dog dies.

It's crazy how attached you get, right? I didn't expect it when I got my pup. RIP to your dog. I hope you can recover. At least your good boy isn't suffering with you.
>>
My dog died as I pulled in to the vet's office to get her put down. So my experience wasn't quite the same. She happened to be a jack russell/mini poodle mix.
>>
>>2466265
>My dog died as I pulled in to the vet's office to get her put down.
How?
>>
>>2465754
>a decade
>not temporary
Ok, you obviously took this the most wrong way that you could've, so let me steer you into the path of actual logic and ask you: Since when is a decade nearly a long enough time to spend with what is basically your child for whatever length of time? Of course you wish they'd live forever. He's not saying he does anything to his dogs to make them live short lives, he's saying a fucking decade ain't shit. A decade is a short fucking lifespan regardless. When you get a dog, no matter how long it lives, you knew you could outlive it ten-fold. Quit posting without thinking.
>>
>>2464403
so are people, but we have children anyway
>>
>>2466442
Not the same logic there, bud. Children are intended to outlive you. Dogs will never do so unless you get a puppy a few years away from your death.
>>
Had a beagle who seemed destined to live forever. Had to call it quits a few months ago due to seizures. I guess 17 is a good age for them. Still feel an emptiness in my heart when I think of him.
>>
I am sorry OP, that you had to see your friend go.

I know it hurts but you have to treasure the memories.
>>
File: 1503808292791.jpg (16KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
1503808292791.jpg
16KB, 351x329px
>>2466669
A friend of mine in 3rd grade got a beagle pup for his birthday. We lost touch as we grew older but 15 years later I wonder if his dog is still around.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 3013x1933px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 3013x1933px
My parents have an old dog. I haven't lived with them for around 6 years but I try to visit at least every month. The sad thing is that I can see how the once so young dog gets older every month and most of my memories of him are when he was still young and energetic
>>
>>2466315
She "probably" had a stroke a few days prior (what I think happened), she wasn't looking good, so I was taking her there to get her looked at and potentially have her put down. She started convulsing like a minute away from the office, and then just stopped moving...Much wailing and tears happened at that moment.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.