[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an autism with an extreme anxiety disorder and need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 3svagatmxhgz.jpg (48KB, 540x448px) Image search: [Google]
3svagatmxhgz.jpg
48KB, 540x448px
I'm an autism with an extreme anxiety disorder and need a doggo to help curb panic attacks since my cousins lab has been working extremely well. What breed would be good, and what is the best way to get the optimal support doggo?
>>
>>2462398
Why not see a psychiatrist and get some xanax and anti-depressants instead?
>>
>>2462427
Yeah you should always go straight for drugs when trying to solve any problem you might have.
>>
>>2462442
t. someone who has never had a panic attack
>>
>>2462444
I've had several thanks
>>
>>2462447
>several
Oh boohoo. Try having them every day
>>
>>2462427
>>2462442
Drugs work better than dogs. You gotta train yourself out of anxiety. May never go away completely but meds at least let you adapt and learn your anxiety is mostly nonsense and you can wean yourself off drugs or cut them back.

I have extreme anxiety problems and PTSD and I think it's weird as fuck for people to only rely on an animal for their mental problems. Everyone ive known who has had a 'therapy dog' was still a fucking mess.
>>
P U G
U
G
>>
>>2462452
Link to your tumblr?
>>
>>2462480
Was that supposed to make sense?
>>
>>2462398
I'm always a bit curious when people complain of panic attacks.

I get them every now and then, they feel like a heart attack. I put them on a par with a good leg cramp for pain and temporary interruption.

I have a dog, she has no effect whatsoever on my panic attacks. I can write you a very long list of other things that don't cure panic attacks. But I don't care, I know they're not going to last long and I don't fear the pain. It's not that bad.
>>
>>2462481
You're trying to start a mental illness contest, clearly you have a tumblr. Link it.
>>
>>2462490
You're the retard claiming medicine doesn't help people. Maybe read a book and leave the internet trolling to smart people.
>>
>>2462506
I'm not, Anon.
Several different people at once can think you're an idiot, welcome to the Internet.
>>
>>2462398
I don't understand what you need a dog for during a panic attack. it's sounds to me that it's more a fashion accessory.
>>
File: 1431118416450.jpg (244KB, 1846x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1431118416450.jpg
244KB, 1846x1212px
>OP said having a dog helped him extremely well
>/an/ can't stop suggesting him to take drugs (of which some are even highly additive and cam fuck up his life even more in the long run)

LMAO the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>2462427
>>2462444
>>2462455
>>2462506
The unnamed internet experts have spoken.
[Hands rubbing intensifies]
>>
>>2462524
I have a girlfriend who used to have panic attacks. She wanted me to be near her when it happens, and just hug her, pat her, etc.
She actually stopped having them a few years ago, and I asked her why, she just said I can't know how much someone's closeness can help in these situations.
I never had a panic attack but I'll take her word for it.
>>
File: 1465887877.jpg (89KB, 792x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465887877.jpg
89KB, 792x960px
>>2462524
Grew up with family dogs.
I agree, a good doggo has an incredibly calming effect on you.
>>
>>2462442
My friend who has pretty bad anxiety takes medication for it and it helps him a lot.
Medication is often a good solution, you just gotta find the right one. Everyone is gonna react to different medications differently so its important to work with your doctor to find the right one. Always be skeptical of a doctorwho insists on one particular brand even if you have a bad reaction to it of course.
>>
>>2462488
I was okay with mine for a while, just kinda antisocial, but then I changed jobs and they started happening almost every day when I got to work and really affecting my job. That's some serious interference with life. They did mostly go away when I got used to the job, though. Just had to work through them.

So for some people it does affect their lives in a significant way. Also, my dogs make them worse, but I can see how they might calm someone.
>>
We have had SEVERAL threads about how people get "therapy dogs" to help with their anxiety, depression, etc, and instead of improving it, it makes it worse since the animal has a mind and needs of their own that you're now responsible for. Many of those threads ended with the animal being neglected and/or dropped off somewhere, so understand that we are weary of suggesting you fall into those same holes

If you are dead set on getting a dog, don't get a puppy, that sounds like it will be too much for you. Adopt a calmer, adult dog as they will be more likely to be there for you when you need it
>>
>>2462398
Labs or goldens are really empathetic dogs and I'd guess they are some of the more popular support dogs.
>>
>>2462427
I want the dog because I'm already on Xanax and antidepressants, and I would rather not have to be a zombie all of the time
>>
>>2462530
The funny part is that they assumed I'm not being treated already. I want the dog because it helps on top of my treatment and like the other guy said, you need to train yourself out of anxiety. The dog helps with that.
>>
>>2462506
he said you shouldn't go for drugs if you have other options you fucking utter retard
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.