[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yuropean here, I remember, especially in my childhood, these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Pyrrhocoris_apterus_(aka).jpg (314KB, 748x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrrhocoris_apterus_(aka).jpg
314KB, 748x1000px
Yuropean here, I remember, especially in my childhood, these bugs used to be everywhere, especially near water sources, but I realized I haven't seen one in years.
Am I the only one who noticed this?
>>
They like certain trees and will be more around when you had non-harsh winter.

and they amass only a day to a week so you could just have missed them
>>
i have seen these this year
>>
Milkweed bugs. Everywhere in virginia now. Plant some milkweed.
>>
>>2461332
I was in Germany in 2015-2016, I saw them all the time.
>>
>>2461332
I´m from Austria, and they are all over the place
>>
>>2461353
>Milkweed bugs
Milkweed bugs are different (family Lygaeidae)
>>2461332
This is a fire bug (Pyrrhocoridae)
If you want to find them in Europe, try looking around lentil trees, got an infestation of them around mine.
>>
>>2461451
Seas wo kummst her?
>>
No, I see them regularly every summer and in high numbers.

Also they hate water, they always hang out in big groups in dry places, on warm stones and so on.
>>
>>2461526
Ech, I feel daft.
>>
I have hundreds of these cunts on my plot and cant get rid of them
>>
>>2461332
They're all over the place in my neighborhood (in the Netherlands). At least a month ago they were like >>2461339 Moved many to the backyard since most of them were hiding underneath a wooden plank by the front door with the chance of getting crushed.

Now there's a few left. I love them since they're really useful removing dead insects and leaves/seeds and even occasionally cannibalize another. Their mating habit is fun to watch too, with their butts connected walking around like little trains.
>>
>>2461526
>fire bug
So it does have a name. We always called them "trams"
>>
>>2461332

There are a lot of them in Hungary even this year, but from the Lygaeus equestris species, not from the one pictured. The depicted bugs could be encountered more often in sprin. In autumn and summer, not that much.
>>
>>2461332
Maybe you don't go out as much as you did as a child.
>>
>>2461332
They're everywhere in Prague right now. Probably everywhere else in the Czech Republic too. I've been seeing them en masse for months. They pile on top of each other but don't move. Creepy.
>>
>>2461571
Hoit dei Goschn
>>
>>2462794
fick di
>>
>>2462635
this man is wise and we should all take into consideration his statement
>>
in germany some insect populations are 80% down compared to the mid-90s due to widespread use of pesticides.
a lot of bird species are also getting rarer and rarer.
remember how after a trip on the autobahn the windshield was always full of splattered bugs? not anymore.
>>
Bro

When was the last time you actually went outside and dug around in the dirt, like you did when you were a kid?
>>
They speak English in Europe?
>>
Only time I ever saw some was on some roadkill when I was a kid.
>>
File: 1498404665782.jpg (50KB, 533x420px) Image search: [Google]
1498404665782.jpg
50KB, 533x420px
>>2464081
>remember how after a trip on the autobahn the windshield was always full of splattered bugs? not anymore
>>
>>2461332
Weird. They are very common here in Eastern Europe. I saw one carrying around the lower half of a wasp for some reason.

And they bunch up together, I presume for warmth.
>>
>>2462569
Where I live we call them "soldier bugs', not sure why
>>
>>2462569
>We always called them "trams"
Haha, that's so retarded in an endearing sort of way.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.