[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These fuckers are $4 dollars per chick; what's it like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4515.jpg (87KB, 493x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4515.jpg
87KB, 493x371px
These fuckers are $4 dollars per chick; what's it like owning chickens?
>>
It depends on how many chickens.
>>
You dig a lot of holes.
>>
>>2460841
>>
Fresh eggs are the best.
>>
>>2460839
I wonder how hard it is for those chickens to keep their feet clean/dry.
>>
File: lacy-roundhead-1.jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lacy-roundhead-1.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
>>2460839
There great when you can fight them.
>>
>>2460965
b-but that's wrong
>>
They can be bro tier animals that will follow you around (mostly in an attempt at begging for food) or absolute fucking nightmares chasing you down trying to kick the shit out of you making infernal hell noises
Most of the chickens I've interacted were pretty nice though
>>
>>2460965
You fight chickens? I feel like that would be an easy win for most humans...
>>
File: IMG_20170820_203527.jpg (110KB, 517x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170820_203527.jpg
110KB, 517x960px
>>2460839
It's fucking great. Silkies are super affectionate.
the muffs are kinda hard to keep clean, but not that much.
>>
Can they be kept in a house/apartment?
I heard that there are people who have a silk chicken as a pet, but I'm skeptical about it. The biggest problems I can think of right now is that I imagine that they will poop everywhere and a lot, or that they might scream a lot. I want a silk chicken as a pet but I don't want to make them suffer.
>>
>>2461833
That would be extremely unsanitary. You'd basically be unleashing a flying poop machine on everything you love.
>>
>>2461833

I mean, there are chicken diapers for when you want them inside, but it's not an all-the-time solution and too much wear can result in rubbing and feather loss. A chicken can be in a house for a period, but they're much happier outside with other chickens even if they can be really affectionate. And they're constantly scratching and pecking at things looking for food, whether it's dirt or your brand new carpet. A chicken kept perpetually indoors is pretty well just going to end up a neurotic, destructive mess.

Just wait until you have the proper outdoor space, everyone wins that way.
>>
>>2461957
>>2461968
I see, just what I thought, especially for the poop part. I will wait until I get a proper house with backyard or own land. Thank you.
>>
File: 103_5454.jpg (228KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
103_5454.jpg
228KB, 1024x768px
>>2460839
As a teenager I used to breed chickens to sell at point of lay.

Silkies were one of the most popular breeds because:

1) Cute as fuck.
2) Friendly, like to be cuddled.
3) Cheap to feed, a handful of mixed corn a day for all 3 of them, free choice crushed oyster shells, any table scraps, boiled peelings and letting them free range is all you need.
4) For people who live in cities surrounded by NIMBYs, people often see them as pets rather than 3KG Rhode Island Reds which looks more like livestock.

Cons:

1) They often get poop all over their butt feathers.
2) When it's wet you'll need plenty of dry and absorbent bedding as their feet feathers get muddy and wet which leads to disease.
3) Go broody way too often, which is a hassle if you just want them to lay eggs.
4) You'll get 200 eggs a year per hen on average, although this varies dramatically. The eggs are pretty small.
>>
>>2460839
Looks like chocobos.
>>
File: images (14).jpg (28KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
28KB, 443x332px
>>2460839

>oh me silkies, yeah nah yeah they go alright aye.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.