[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My baby opossum is sick, he was having a lot of trouble breathing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1503182273059650077425.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1503182273059650077425.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
My baby opossum is sick, he was having a lot of trouble breathing earlier. It's gotten better but I think he has fluid in his lungs, When he breathes I keep hearing popping noises. What can I do to help my little guy?
>>
>>2460076
Take him to a vet to get some baytril and doxycycline and steroids. Sounds like pnemunia or a uri.
>>
>>2460078
I'm broke as shit until Thursday, is there any other options.
>>
>>2460079
Give him a small piece of dark chocolate and keep him in a well ventilated area. Take him outside for a few hours everyday until Thursday. Keep his cage extra clean.
>>
>>2460079
No, I'm sorry but your opossum will probably be dead by tomorrow if you don't get antibiotics. Don't get a pet if you're broke.
>>
>>2460081
That's amazing logic, I guess I should've let him die in his mother's pouch. Faggot.
>>
>>2460076
Call/go to an animal rehabilitator or take him to a vet that would know what to do. Either way, someone with more experience should handle the possum.
>>
>>2460087
You should have gotten him to a professional wildlife rehab instead of trying to raise him yourself. Wild animals aren't pets.
>>
>>2460119
This. OP you're an idiot. I hope your opposum lives and runs away.
>>
>>2460119
This holy fucking shit WHY IS THIS STILL NOT A FUCKING STICKY GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.
>>
>>2460080
Theobromine in chocolate may help rats breathe better but as far as I know there is nothing confirming it would for marsupials. It's toxic to most animals and since OP's is a baby, it'd be better to be safe than sorry.

If it has pnemunia, it's ded. It had it in the beginning of the year and was hospitalized for how bad it got. They had to suck fluid out of my lungs.

On the other hand a lot of people fuck up feeding baby animals and accidentally get it in their lungs instead.

.OP it's best bet is if you quickly get it to a rehab center. At the very least, call vets and said you found it. I've been allowed to bring wild animals to some vets before(though they accepted 'exotics') so it's worth a shot. Just don't tell then you have been taking care of it for more than a few hours.
>>
>>2460079
Most vets will treat an animal if it is life threatening and work out a payment plan with you. Any who won't and demand full payment on the spot are shitty vets.
>>
Leprosy
>>
>>2460553
This is truths!!! Local vet would rather see a healthy pet than a dead one, regardless if you can pay in full, sometimes even doing pro bono work just to help. He's been a vet for 30years.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.