[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question: Is my guinea pig gonna die? I already tried disinfecting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 20170817_161958.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170817_161958.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Question: Is my guinea pig gonna die? I already tried disinfecting it with salt water.
>>
File: 20170817_162054.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170817_162054.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
Well what did the vet say? You did take it to the vet, right?
>>
File: 1503001648213-1167996115.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1503001648213-1167996115.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
This is the scab that came off her face just yesterday and when it came off it left that giant bloody gash. I left my hand in for the size comparison of how big it was.
>>
>>2458553
I already got a vet appointment but it's next Sunday. The last two time I went they gave us medicine but it didn't do anything.
>>
Looks like it could be a tumor. You need to take it to a vet ASAP.
>>
>>2458556
My sister is the owner and when I told her that I disinfected it with salt and water she just yelled/screamed at me. It seems I worry more for her guinea pig's health than she does. :/
>>
>>2458559
salt and water is not a disinfectant.
You need to take it to a vet, there is nothing you can do.
>>
>>2458569
I just tried the first thing I looked up.
>>
>>2458569
>salt and water is not a disinfectant.

Fucking this, Jesus fucking Christ how fucking stupid are people. If salt was a disinfectant then why don't they use it in hospitals?

Use your brain you dumb fucks. If i hear one more person tell someone to put salt water on a wound I'm gonna fucking murder them.

This is why doctors exist, because idiots who know fuck all well sell you snake oil like it's gospel. Salt water is good for exactly one thing and it's not killing bacteria you fucking morons.

>>2458585
She yelled at you because all you did was hurt the shit out of that animal you idiot.
You didn't help anything.
>>
>>2458569
>>2458585
Saline is used to flush out wounds, not disinfect. So in terms of disinfecting, you need an antibiotic from the vet. I think the guinea pig can hang in there until you get it to the vet.

What was the scab from? was it an abscess before? If so, the saline will help flush out the pus.
>>
>>2458609
>If i hear one more person tell someone to put salt water on a wound I'm gonna fucking murder them.
Saline is used to clear out debris, pus, and a multitude of other things in wounds for many medical procedures in both humans and animals.
>>
>>2458616
Example one
>i have a mouth ulcer what do?
> off just use salt water on it, that's what my mom always said :^)
> salt water, it hurts like he'll but it will kill the bacteria
> salt water mane

> meanwhile
> mouth ulcers are caused by a virus and the symptoms can manifest due to a lysine deficiency
> BUT SALT WATER HELPS!!!!!!
> GOD DAMMIT WHY WON'T THESE ULCERS GO AWAY!!!!

As someone who actually knows what the fuck he is talking about, try to understand why I'm fucking angry.
>>
>>2458617
Just because some people suggest saline in times that it doesn't prove to be particularly helpful does not mean that saline is ineffective for medicinal purposes.

As for dental procedures and saline solutions, dentists often advocate usage of saline for a gentle mouth wash following many dental procedures. The use they derive from it is usually irrigation.
>>
>>2458610
>>2458610

I really doubt that OP weighed out the non-iodized salt into water to make saline.

This is not a situation where debridement is necessary.
>>
>>2458550
Definitely needs a vet ASAP, but it looks like a molar abscess to me. If it has gone into the bone, it may require the animal being put down.
>>
>>2458610
Dunno, the scab just started forming. This isn't the first time it happened though. It started to format and it eventually fell off. After that, this one started to grow back in its place. It fell off again so I'm worried it will do what happened last time and just start to grow back again.
>>
>>2458642
Definitely a tumor.
>>
>>2458609
You should have seen it when anon told OP to clean his cat's eyes with a 50/50 salt water solution to cure conjunctivitis. And the madman actually did it.
>>
>>2458631
I never said it wasn't helpful did i.
Go back and read faggot.
>>
>>2458774
>being distraught enough to call someone a faggot after someone corrected you and told you how you are wrong
wew

OP, go see the vet, please.
>>
File: 1483599635221.png (207KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483599635221.png
207KB, 400x400px
>>2458554
if dubs eat it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.