[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First and foremost I am taking my dog to the vet tomorrow, this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1500042346802.jpg (60KB, 700x896px) Image search: [Google]
1500042346802.jpg
60KB, 700x896px
First and foremost I am taking my dog to the vet tomorrow, this is not an /adv/ thread. This is general curiosity in wondering what issues Anon has had with their animals during the process.

My little 8 month old Dapple Dachshund has opened her spay stitching tonight. It's only about a centimeter, it started as a scab last night and had drainage today. The scab fell off and now the top most layer has come apart. The muscle layer looks to still be intact.
What issues would constitute this being a medical emergency where you would actually need to take your dog to a vet/hospital?
As of now she is eating, drinking and going to the bathroom. We gently cleaned near the open area and have bandaged it and wrapped a pressure gauze gently around her waist.
Have you had any issues or horror stories?

For the most part she has been wonderful, she laid around for the 7 days almost still with little medication. Suddenly yesterday she got very excited and tried to keep running around which was the mistake on my part not to just crate her.
>>
I've gotten numerous laceration where you could see the muscle(which was intact) and I've never gotten stitches for them. Granted, they were 3-4 inches max long but they were well wide enough that I could have gotten them stitched. I work outdoors and I just can't be bothered to go to the hospital unless it's a real emergency.

For dogs and especially one that has such a deep/invasive surgery, I'd be very wary about it getting infected. She's low to the ground and can pick up anything, plus make it even worse by scratching or licking. The more open the wound is, the more likely it will get infected but if you're going to take her to the vet tomorrow then she will be fine. They might have more trouble if they try to restitch it, or the vet might not do it at all. Can't really tell you without a pic.

tl:dr she will be fine.
>>
>>2458064
And I just realized you said she has had the stitches in for seven days. Not sure what kind of stitches there are besides 'normal ones' or staples but at least in humans, surface stitches are taken out at a 1 week+. I'm kind of surprised that it would open up that much at this point. My cat's stitches were taken out 9 days after she was spayed.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.