[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thinking of getting a ringneck dove, but not sure if i will have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

thinking of getting a ringneck dove, but not sure if i will have enough time. Working full time rn as a forensic entomologist from 8 to 4, and don't want to get 2 doves since i fear they will bond with each other instead of me. once i get home i have no work to do, so i will spend all of my remaining time with my ringneck. Good idea???

pic related is biggest fear
>>
self bump i need halp
>>
I don't know, anon. I'm not sure if it's good for them to be alone. I have one fantail pigeon because he was really sick when he was younger. He usually doesn't seem too affected, but I think he just tries to play it off. His social skills are shit, he tries to fuck my chicken, and there's a chance your dove still won't bond with you.
And even if it does, do you know what kind of shit you'll have to go through? Some doves peck people's hands and attack after being left alone too long as punishment. They can draw blood. Then you have them throwing up on your hand to try and kiss you, humping your hand, pecking you for no reason, and the cooing. The constant "u want sum fuk" cooing.

I wouldn't do it personally, but depending on when you work and how good you are at understanding the signs of a lonely depressed dove, you might be able to pull it off.
Keep in mind every single dove and pigeon website will advise you not to. It's not natural for them.
>>
>>2457585
Birds need pretty much constant care and attention or they can get depressed. A person who works full time should NOT get a bird. Those 8 hours you are gone will stress the bird out.
>>
> forensic entomologist
not sure if just a joke or this is really a job in burgerland
>>
>>2457774
>people get ded
>what do these maggots mean, sarge?
>I don't know. I wish we had a guy who knew about the life stages of decomposer insects to tell us when this boi died
>>
>>2457783
pathologists know this, this is not a big area of knowledge
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.