[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents have a seven year-old female cat. It's the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

My parents have a seven year-old female cat. It's the worst cat. The most important thing about it is that it's marked a room in their house and now it smells literally worse than a toilet. How do you get a cat that old that already thinks it's okay to mark a room with its pee to stop doing it? This is not something it started doing recently, it's done this for a long time now. It's already spayed.
>>
Pee on the cat, establish dominance
>>
Put a litter box where the cat is spraying
>>
>>2457449
Is that cat photoshopped?
>>
>>2457457
fpbp
>>
>>2457449
>How do you get a cat that old that already thinks it's okay to mark a room with its pee to stop doing it?

Tear the carpets out
>>
Why do your parents not care about having a Piss Room?
>>
if you are not a nice person they will do that on purpose. so obviously you are doing something really fucked up.
>>
>>2457818
My mom does, but my dad doesn't care. He says you can't train a cat that old anyway.
>>
>catfags will defend this
>>
Is it just the one room? Easy just block off that room.

If you want to fix the issue, not just the symptom, then tell us what the cats life is like. Are there multiple cats in the house? Does the cat have its own space where it can hide (ie a cat tree or something). Is it regularly harassed by children and/or moronic owners who don't know how to handle cats? Where is the littertray(s) located and is it cleaned frequently?

Cats usually mark out of stress or insecurity. You'll have to clean out the room properly with a cleaner designed to break up the enzymes in the piss. If the room has carpet youre probably better off ripping up the carpet and cleaning the floorboards. Carpet and pets is never a good idea.

Put a litter tray in the room its pissing in too, at least until the marking stops.

Also in general cats like to piss on soft surfaces, it's not necessarily a marking thing. If you notice she prefers pissing on carpet or bedding then try a softer cat litter. Some cats have sensitive paws and avoid clay/crystal litter when possible. Try paper litter or even just dirt from outside.
>>
>>2458233
OP here.

There is only one cat, but there is also a dog. The cat hates the dog and runs from it. It's done this shit where it marks a room in another house, too, but it's worse this time. The cat doesn't have a space, but it obviously thinks of the room as its space. My dad treats it well, but my mom hates it and it hates her back. The litter box is confusingly in the same room the cat marked, so it's consciously choosing not to pee in it.
>>
>>2457449
Are your parents fags who keep their cat indoor by any chance ?
If so there's nothing you can do about the pissing problem, the cat does it out of anger/disgust for its owners.
>>
>>2459011
Lmao just get a stupid thing on a string and play with the cat, walk it if you want to hear some banter from the neighbors.
>>
>>2457449
Through pain.

Cats can't really be trained through logic because they lack critical upper level thinking skills found in most developed mammals. Instead they operate based off of nociception. If you want it to stop, the most effective method is to subject it to pain. It is the only way it'll learn
>>
File: 0.jpg (204KB, 660x751px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
204KB, 660x751px
Picture of >>2459294
>>
>>2457449
Is it a female (female) cat or a female (male) cat?
>>
>>2457572

i dont know, but it looks like a fucking JERK cat.

smug little asshole.
>>
>>2457449
If an old cat starts doing this its usually medical. Bladder crystals etc. Have a vet check her.
Don't take it out on the cat, it's a wild animal at heart that humans have domesticated and you have a responsibility for its welbeing
>>
>>2459011
>cats shouldnt be kept indoors
This is what catfags actually believe
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.