[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/an/, how bad did I fuck up I have a regular sized golden retriever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5129.png (12KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5129.png
12KB, 645x773px
/an/, how bad did I fuck up

I have a regular sized golden retriever. She's 13 years old. Her time is nigh and she's stopped eating much. Her fur hides it but underneath her fur she's like a walking skeleton.

It makes me feel awful to see her like this so I've been routinely feeding her meats, whereas she would normally just eat dry dog food. It's mostly cooked meats that aren't going to get eaten.

Well just now I had some chicken wings that I knew nobody was going to eat so I decided to give them to her. She got really excited and managed to eat an entire chicken wing before I got her under control. There was a fair amount of crunching as she chewed it up but she seemed to swallow it fine and came back begging for more.

How bad did I fuck up. Please no memes I can't take it. If my dog dies a painful death because of my mistake I will literally kill myself. She's close to death anyways but now I'm imagining sharp bone shards shredding her intestines. Please give it to me straight.
>>
Just keep an eye on her. If she vomits, tries to vomit, vomits goopey white shit, scratches at her neck a lot, can't shit, can't get up or move around a lot then you fucked up.

Also consider getting her euthanized. Dogs do not get emaciated just because they are old. She could have cancer or even her teeth may be so shit it's painful for her to eat so she doesn't.
If you truly love your dog you will let her go if she is suffering.
>>
>>2456393
She'll probably be fine, most dogs handle chicken bones just fine, especially if they were raw.

Check her stool every time she goes poop and see if there's blood in it over the next 2 or 3 days. If there's blood take her to a vet and if not she's likely fine.
>>
>>2456393
My lab has eaten chicken bones quite a couple times (not on purpose) and was totally fine
It'll be okay anon, just keep an eye on her
>>
Well, she managed to swallow them without fucking up so it's halfway over. Now they could tear her stomach and intestines.

Feed her some food as a cushion. Something soft like bread. It can keep otherwise splintered bones from perforating her organs as they move along the digestive tract. Watch out for signs of pain and discomfort and black or bloody poop.

Also, listen to >>2456399
>>
Hey anon, don't panic. If she's acting like her good old self then don't worry. Just monitor her for the next few days and if she shows any signs of discomfort, pain or abnormal behaviour then take her to the vet if you can.

Dogs eat stuff all the time, and chances are a chicken bone while they can occasionally cause damage, it probably won't. Just keep an eye on her. I've had a dog die due to an intestinal blockage that I will never forgive myself for so I know the feeling of panic when a dog eats something they shouldn't have, but statistically she should be fine. As the other Anon said, check for blood in her stool. If there's nothing odd after a few days then you're fine.
>>
>>2456393
Don't kill yourself. If she's so old that she's getting emaciated, and she actually dies from finally getting something she's excited to eat...well, that's kinda fine, I think.
>>
File: IMG_4598.jpg (57KB, 645x623px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4598.jpg
57KB, 645x623px
Don't want to (You)bomb the thread but THANK YOU to every post.. checked on her just a moment ago, her breathing was at the normal "about to fall asleep" pace, I woke her up and after she got over the grogginess, she started panting as usual. She seems fine for now, hopefully she can just digest the stuff fine too. I will feed her some bacon biscuits from the fridge, hopefully that will work like padding like the one anon said. She's sleepy but I'm gonna do it now rather than later because once it starts to go through her digestive track it would defeat the purpose..

As for putting her down.. we are going car camping this weekend to watch the eclipse on Monday. I had actually already been thinking about doing it after that. Not something I like to think about, but she's gone from bad to worse lately. She's been super skinny for a while now but there's just no skip in her step anymore. Every movement looks like tremendous effort. It breaks my heart.
>>
>>2456393
I had to shoot my son's dog in the face because he fucked up. Don't let the same happen to yours if she's in pain knock her out and massage her throat and stomach. Because you can't tell yourself that your dad put the dog in a trailer and gave it to a friend.
>>
>>2456399
i had a dog that died naturally at home and she definitely lost weight at the end. i had to feed her high reward foods by hand because she had little appetite.
it's literally the same case for some old people as well. my grandma is 76 and has a hard time staying over 100lbs.
>>
>>2456602
I'm curious. What did he do that was so bad it warranted shooting the dog in the face?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.