[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people bring animals to vets other than dogs or livestock?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: confused-doctor.jpg (296KB, 1000x701px) Image search: [Google]
confused-doctor.jpg
296KB, 1000x701px
Why do people bring animals to vets other than dogs or livestock? Treating literally any other kind of pet seems really simple.

Problem: My Guinea Pig has a respiratory infection!
Cure: Get a new fucking Guinea Pig

Problem: My rabbit has pink eye!
Cure: Get a new fucking rabbit

Problem: My gerbil has irritated skin!
Cure: Get a new fucking gerbil

Problem: My Gecko is bleeding!
Cure: Get a new fucking Gecko
>>
fuck you psychopath
>>
Baby's first bait thread
>>
It's not a hard concept OP

I give money to vet
vet fixes animal
no questions asked

I'm tired of all these communists questioning the free market
>>
>>2455591
If it weren't for capitalism we wouldn't be enslaving sentient creatures just for the sake of entertainment.
>>
>>2455651
you are dumb and probably underage
>>
Simply epic
>>
Doesn't fixing it cost the same as euthanasia, usually?
Why are you waiting until an animal to gets sick if you're just going to eat it?
>>
>>2455675
Young dairy cow maybe? I've heard of people taking young hens to vets as well for minor stuff. Or a very friendly potbelly pig that's "part of the family". Then there are some retarded bleeding heart sanctuaries that will spend a ton of money to fix up a neglected duck or some shit. Idk.
>>
>>2455692
Because we aren't poor white trash sociopaths. Animal gets sick, we get them better. If it treating it isn't worth the animals pain and there's not a good chance treatment will work or it doesn't get better with treatment, it gets put down.

I've spent $600 on a guinea pig that wasn't even mine. I think it's fine if people don't want to spend the money but the least they can do is put it down.
>>
>>2455567
>Why do people bring animals to vets other than dogs

I'll take the bait, sure.
Why dont your solutions apply to dogs? Just get a new fucking dog, you retard.
>>
>>2455655
Yes goy, capitalism the best thing in the world.
>>
>>2455705
that's not what i was inferring at all, but it doesn't matter, because you are dumb and probably underage
>>
>>2455955
communism is too gay for my tastes
>>
>>2455675
If something has really nice genetics it may be worth the cost to treat some acute conditions that pop up randomly.
>>
>>2455699
Dog's got personality.
>>
>>2457857
C'mon buddy...you don't have to act dumb.
I'm sure you're aware enough to notice personality differences in other pets, as well...
>>
>>2455567

Bringing off the wall shit to a vet is just a way of testing the water for how morally and technically flexible the vet is.

Never know when you might need somebody to extract a bullet from your shoulder for a reasonable price and then not talk about it.
>>
>>2455567
Holy shit this is so accurate
>>
For falconry, you get an avian vet who specializes in raptors, my state has a couple.

Replacing a dead hawk isn't simple law wise (trapping seasons, limited takes, etc.) and you'll be losing a bird that you love and put tons of time and effort into. It's worth the costs.
>>
>>2455698
>Because we aren't poor white trash sociopaths.
I was talking about the livestock part specifically, not companion pets. Note that all of my examples were livestock...
>>
Because I'm not a nigger and none of my animals are replaceable.
Why stop at dogs though theres nothing setting them aside from other pets assuming you arent talking about working/hunting dogs
>>
>>2455567
You're a fucking idiot. Other animals have personality too and some reptiles are more expensive than their medical bills would be.
When you get sick we'll just replace you, too bad autists aren't easy to replace.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.