[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a more JUST fossil than the trilobite? These guys were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: istock_000027658617_small.jpg (88KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
istock_000027658617_small.jpg
88KB, 620x420px
Is there a more JUST fossil than the trilobite?

These guys were everywhere during the paleozoic but then they all disappeared without leaving any modern relative.

It really must have sucked being a trilobite in the late permian. It's probably only comparable to being a white male in the USA.
>>
>>2455316
>being a white male in the USA.
Half way to your post I was thinking (hahah just like white people) and was going to post that.

4chan is a fucking hivemind
>>
>>2455420
>4chan is a fucking hivemind

not as much as reddit though
>>
>>2455316
such a shame. they were a pretty rad animal too.
here's to you, trilobite.
>>
File: 13053C.jpg (84KB, 800x645px)
13053C.jpg
84KB, 800x645px
RIP in peace
>>
Bootleg trilobite
>>
>>2455316
I wonder what the next intelligent species will think of all the human fossils after we've gone extinct (I give us 50/50 by 2100).
>>
>>2455844
let's hope it was something along the lines of "wow, these fellas were wicked smaht"

come to think of it, if there was a civilisation 10's of millions of years old, what's the chances we wouldn't know? what evidence would they have left?
>>
>>2455847
Probably only shit you could find out through Ice core samples or sedimentary analysis like the KT event having high amounts of Iridium in that layer. No artifacts at that point just high amounts of rare earth elements. And all that only if they were as advanced as us.
>>
>>2455853
What about the space junk we left?
>>
>>2455929
don't suppose there could be another flag up there we've never stumbled upon?
>>
>>2455929
Oh yeah well that too. That would be the big tip off. I guess the other stuff only applies to around 1940's tech if they followed a similar technological path, which is somewhat improbable. Space junk is definitely a sign of intelligent civilization which would be around for a long time.
>>
>>2455935
the biggest tipoff would be the layer of radioactive dirt from testing nukes.

pretty much everything else stands a chance of fossilizing too. Stone tools would easily be recognizable hundreds of millions of years later. Arrowheads and such. Our own fossilized skeletons would show signs of technology. Whether it's sword cuts on ancient warrior's bones or bullets lodged in skulls or simple stuff like fillings and root canals in teeth or jewelry on bodies.

Pretty much everything could be fossilized though. Things like your car keys or the foundations of houses or the screen off your cell phone or entire computers or cars sunk in lakes or ships sunk in oceans or beer cans tossed in beaver ponds or whatever the fuck. All that needs to happen is for things to get buried, and we bury stuff by habit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.