[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best pet for a single guy in an apartment so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5453.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5453.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
What's the best pet for a single guy in an apartment so that the crushing loneliness doesn't bring him to kill himself. Low maintenance would be nice.
>>
>>2453330
a cat? cats a basically the premium choice for neckbears since theyre so low maintenance.
>>
>>2453330
Cat are pretty low maintenance. I'd avoid reptiles since they don't feel as affectionate as mammals.
>>
>>2453330
a fish
don't get a cat and subject it to being stuck in your tiny flat going crazy forever
cats are NOT low maintenance
>>
Small hamster
>>
>>2453330
Cats fucking suck as pets. Get a little buggy friend and enjoy when he gets used to chilling on your hand.
>>
blue whale
>>
>>2453330
A pet rope is pretty low maintenance
>>
File: 1391155218911.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1391155218911.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>get rat
>become friends with intelligent little animal full of personality
>teach him his name
>he comes to you when called
>he squeaks at you for attention every time you come home
>two years later and he's dead

Despair is good to experience periodically, especially when it comes in the form of tumors hanging off your best friend.
>>
Anteater. Preferably three.
>>
>>2453330
>>2453359
yeah this, plus cats can be a 20 year committment

I live in an apartment with my cat but take him outside for walks twice a day. to keep him entertained I have to set up toys and furniture for him, feed birds to bring them to the window when I'm not home, give him meds daily, have someone look after him if I have to travel for any reason

what about a rat? you should still take care of it but I think their lifespan is much less and they take up less room so easier to contain without making it like a prison for the little guy. You could have some fun with it setting up a large enclosure for it or even tubes around the ceiling if you want to get creative
>>
>>2453359
what kind of fish?
>>
>>2453330
pitbull
>>
>>2453501
If you are too poor or too busy to care for it, go for a goldfish. Make sure it's a species that doesn't grow too much (most goldfish can and will get HUGE, they are usually more of a pond fish rather than a tank fish).
They are cold water fish, so you don't have to worry about heaters and temperatures. They are also pretty hardy, meaning that you don't have to go anal about water parameters either, but still they are a fish, and dumping a goldfish in a "fish"bowl will kill them soon enough, as with any fish. You do need a filter, a cycled tank, frequent water changes and most importantly, you still need to do your research.
If you want something more interesting than a goldfish, or maybe something that is not a literal turd factory, get a betta, though keep in mind that while they too are an easy fish for a beginner, you still can't put them in a drop of water and call it a day. Fish need care. Feel free to drop by the /aquarium general/ and ask for advice any time.
>>
File: 1494519845364.gif (148KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494519845364.gif
148KB, 400x300px
bearded dragon

low maintenance reptile, actually likes to be held usually, and actually friendly

most reptiles don't want anything to do with you but bearded dragons are pretty sweet
>>
Get a full sized mare. You can't be sad with mares.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.