[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.nature.com/news/the-spa rrow-with-four-sexes-1.2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: D9CEN5_web[1].jpg (64KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
D9CEN5_web[1].jpg
64KB, 630x420px
https://www.nature.com/news/the-sparrow-with-four-sexes-1.21018

How is this different from the development of a subspecies? If tan-white pairings become the only viable thing, won't they eventually produce some sort of "hybrid" offspring that can only mate with the hybrid "subspecies"?
>>
Or... just evolution? New species forms, old species becomes unable to mate? Dies off?
>>
>>2453204
A subspecies is geographically separated from other subspecies within a species and generally breeds with its own subspecies more often than with other subspecies. When you get a subspecies it usually indicates some form of genetic drift where one population or more is slowly evolving in a different way from other populations. In this case both color morphs occur together throughout the entire range and they ONLY breed with each other.

There's no hybrid offspring because the chromosomes align to produce birds that are only tan and birds that are only white--nothing in-between. That's why they were saying it's like a second set of sex chromosomes.

That said, this article dumbs it down pretty hard. There's a lot of variation within the colors related to age and sex, and it doesn't going into any of the science in their studies. It's more of a human-interest story than a science story.
>>
>>2453319
>It's more of a human-interest story than a science story.

Pretty much. Reading it I could already see it being passed around SJW and tranny social media circles as if this odd and poorly understood mutation and sexual selection process in one location in a non-human species gives them some sort of cover for cutting their own dicks off and pretending to prance about in the form of a little girl.
>>
>>2453319
Does this mean subspecies are generally able to breed with each other, when it is geographically possible?
>>
>>2453713

Yes, of course.
>>
>>2453773
I see, thanks for clarification.

I wonder if there are any instances like the above developing in other species?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.