[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my enclosure for my bearded dragon named Sasha. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 0809171728_HDR.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0809171728_HDR.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
This is my enclosure for my bearded dragon named Sasha. I have a sand mat, which is a reptile carpet fashioned to look like sand. She has a hide, which is located under the purple heat lamp (which is usually on) so that she can stay nice and warm, and if she needs to she can climb on top. I hand feed her daily with crickets dusted with either flukers repti-cal or reptimin, and the crickets are kept alive with the flukers orange cubes. The crickets are held in a ten gallon tank. Her tank is a 20 gallon, and as she grows I will eventually get a 50 gallon for her. I bathe her weekly and mist her once daily with water treated with repti-safe. I. just recently cleaned her mat off, and I don't use chemicals or soap when cleaning it. I also wiped the inside of her enclosure a little bit with water. She gets handled often.

Is there anything I can do to ensure that she's more happy and healthy? I've raised reptiles with my dad before but this is my. first one that I'm doing on my own. Any input is appreciated, thanks.
>>
>>2452247
>Is there anything I can do to ensure that she's more happy and healthy?
handle it less.
>>
File: 1502314822721.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1502314822721.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>2452247
This is her lighting arrangement.
>>
>>2452250
I usually only hold her when I need to clean out her enclosure or for when I'm feeding her.
>>
Put a log or stack of rocks directly under the main basking bulb on the right side. Guaranteed your beardie will climb to the top of it to soak in maximum heat.

The purple light could be replaced with a ceramic heat emitter so you have no light emission in the tank during the night time. Reptiles can still see those purple ones and they can interfere with their sleep/wake cycle.
>>
>>2452290
I'll put that on my shopping list. Thanks.
>>
Get a ceramic instead of a purple heat bulb. Make sure you check the temp gradient with a digital thermometer and maybe invest in a temp gun for the basking spots. Put something to climb on under the hottest spot.

I also advise against hand feeding, that should be more occasional so they get used to eating independently and dont need you to help every time they eat.

Feed 20% greens while young, 80% greens when sub-adult and older.
>>
>>2452300
I do have a temp gun. I try to keep greens, but they go bad quickly and she doesn't really eat them.
>>
File: 12847283642.jpg (55KB, 769x703px) Image search: [Google]
12847283642.jpg
55KB, 769x703px
>>2452247

From the thumbnail it looks like a stylish nightclub interior
>>
>>2452302
Collards and mustard greens are cheap. Put them in a gallon bag and keep em in a drawer in your fridge by themselves
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.