[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itt things that trigger us i start >animals do not have consciousness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: 1424026326617.jpg (26KB, 282x292px) Image search: [Google]
1424026326617.jpg
26KB, 282x292px
itt things that trigger us
i start
>animals do not have consciousness
>humans are not animals
>saying that a salamander is a reptile
>asking whether a gecko is poisonous
>>
>>2451896
I do believe that some animals posses a certain level of consciousness

Humans are animals, just like other apes are
>>
>>2451896
>>
>evolution is just a theory
>>
>>2451896
>>animals do not have consciousness
well frankly it's unlikely they do
if you research the subject sufficiently even human consciousness start to appear less likely than we'd be inclined to believe
first of all you have to separate consciousness from just appearing to be conscious, those are entirely separate phenomena and one does not require the other
>>
>>2451946
dolphins recognize themselves in mirrors
>>
>>2451952
it means nothing really for the consciousness problem, it only measures awareness of self but it's been question from the beginning whether or not it can actually measure self-awareness
I mean up to certain age human babies often fail the mirror test
>>
>>2451896
>Cats should be indoors only
>>
>>2451962
so how to measure consciousness in your opinion?
>>
File: bird_stare_black.jpg (10KB, 236x327px) Image search: [Google]
bird_stare_black.jpg
10KB, 236x327px
>>2451985
animals with forsight who plan ahead
>>
>>2451988
so squirel has consciousness because it hides nuts to eat them in winter
>>
>>2451985
>>2451988
>>2451991
I don't think it's a binary measure, I thinks it's more of a degree thing
>>
>>2451996
yes
i agree
>>
>>2451896
Only autistic retards refer to their dog as a "doggo".
Grow the fuck up and talk like an adult.
>>
>>2452004
i did not write that word you fucking moron
>>
>>2452017
I never said you did you fucking moron.
>ITT: things that trigger /an/
>>
File: smonic.jpg (33KB, 1174x949px) Image search: [Google]
smonic.jpg
33KB, 1174x949px
>nociception
>>
File: 1384062627609.jpg (50KB, 419x364px) Image search: [Google]
1384062627609.jpg
50KB, 419x364px
>>2452017
>>
>>2452004
My husband says doggo, I hate it so goddamn much.
>>
>>2451896
People that humanise animals, you know like those ridiculous americans that dress up their dogs and cats. These creatures need to be rounded up.
>>
>>2452748
people like that don't like animals. they like accessories, which is what the pets are to them
>>
>>2452728
What's wrong with nociception? You just want people to call it pain reception?
>>
>>2451996
This is an interesting argument to conciousness I've never heard before. Apply this logic and ants could be more sentient than chimpanzees, and hummingbirds might be overwhelmingly more aware than some people. Humans having probably the least foresight for their actions. Assuming you can quantitatively measure animal specific degrees of preparedness.

All creatures are concious. Semantics aside, it doesn't matter whether something likely is or isn't by one's preferred definition. That's just a tactic for people to determine how they'll interact with one living creature over another.
>>
File: 1499981939136.png (198KB, 275x284px) Image search: [Google]
1499981939136.png
198KB, 275x284px
>humans are animals bro
>eugenics is evil
>but animal husbandry and domestication is fine
Stop being a hypocrite.
>>
>>2451962
>I mean up to certain age human babies often fail the mirror test
Some races can self-identify much earlier than others. iirc, whites take a few months, sub-Saharan Africans take a couple of years.
>>
>>2451996
>a degree thing
You mean a spectrum thing? Like autism.
>>
>>2452820
Abstraction and abstract thinking is a good measure of consciousness. The ability to understand concepts that are non-physical, maybe philosophical.
Things like keeping promises, honor, the sense of guilt/shame, the ability to weigh different outcomes in response to certain actions, the ability to empathize (put yourself in the shoes of another an imagine their perception).
Future planning may just be instinctual. A squirrel hides nuts not because he himself thinks it would be a good idea for the future (and imagines himself revisiting it in the winter), but because he is instinctively led to. Most squirrels even forget where their nut stashes. Most squirrels bury many stashes of nuts they never return to, possibly meaning they are driven to horde biologically, but cannot think deeply enough as to understand why.

Humans themselves are still slaves to their biological impulses. Genetics still play a role in behavioral patterns. People who are more closely related usually follow the same behavioral patterns. In that way humans are still animals. Still a slave to our biology and a slave to nature, and that's comforting in a way.
>>
>people who view their pets as children
>"furbabies"
>"furmom"
>"furdad"
>people who think dogs that show muscular definition and ribcage slightly visible are starved
>people who have overweight or obese dogs
>people who's dogs are limping while they're walking them and they somehow don't realize
>people who claim to know what their dog is thinking
>people who pet a dog and the dog is obviously uncomfortable and when they stop the dog doesnt try to get them to keep going
>>
>>2452850
>>people who claim to know what their dog is thinking
Actually this may have more validity than you probably think. Caucasians have been domesticating and living around dogs for thousands of years. Dogs can recognize our emotions, and different parts in their brain fire off when seeing a human face and its various expressions. On some level humans can read a dog's expression in turn.

It's faggy to think you understand his exact thoughts (since they probably aren't even on the same level as ours), but on a deep genetic level, humans can easily read the overall feelings and intentions of dogs.
>>
>>2451946
ants don't have consciousness, birds have consciousness, apes have consciousness, etc.
>>
>>2452853
>It's faggy to think you understand his exact thoughts
I mean this.. or when they're clearly dog autistic

They'll literally vocalize random stuff for their dog in a weird twisted anthropomorphic display of ignorance
>>
ALL Humans are Animals however ALL ANIMALS are note human. Animals don't have rights, that's a human construct.therefore being Humane to Animals is retarded... "Give the great white shark a trial before giving him the chair"... Sounds retarded to me.

Stupid peta.
People Eat Tastey Animals, not give them rights they don't even comprehend. You Stupid plebs are stupid.
>>
>>2452860
>being Humane to Animals is retarded
Holy fuck. Psychopath detected.
>>
>>2452861
I like my steak mooing when I cut into it.
>>
>>2452857
eh they probably think it's cute and endearing. Only mentally handicapped people and children believe they can literally understand dogs.
Most of this is just compassion and sympathy directed at animals, dogs especially. Caucasians have literally evolved to think of dogs as something like extended family members, and have a tendency to treat them as such.
I think it's kinda sweet. It might be annoying at times but canine companionship is very important to these people, they really do think of them as their own extended kin, down to their brain chemistry. Dogs are literally setting off all of those chemical triggers in their brains.
>>2452860
No, you should be respectful towards nature and its life forms. There's no reason to needlessly cause suffering to other living creatures. It is disrespectful and causes mental harm to you as a person as well. I never trust anyone who is calloused towards the suffering of animals. It usually means that they are psychopaths or lesser-evolved, dead end genetics either way.
>>
>>2452857
>Holy fuck. Psychopath detected.
Psychopaths kill people. I just kill cows,pigs, and a variety of birds. None of which are HUMAN. Are they? Clearly you petafags are the psychopaths.
>>
>>2452866
>Psychopaths kill people.
Uh... No. Psychopaths don't kill people. Psychopathy is a condition which, in absolute simplest terms causes you to lack empathy.
>>
>>2452863
>Caucasians
>cauc asian
>cock, asian
Literally meaning "cock like an asian" kek
>>
>>2452866
It's not wrong to kill animals. It's wrong to cause them undue suffering and relish in their torment.
It's the difference between sticking kids with needles to give them life-saving medicine or an IV, and sticking kids with needles simply because you think kids have no souls and should suffer. Both actions are the same and cause the same amount of pain, but your method and intent are an important factor.

If you can't tell the difference you aren't smart enough to have the capacity to comprehend abstract thinking. So basically you are a subhuman yourself, no better than the animals you claim to be superior over.
>>
>>2452868
wow anon i also graduated the 5th grade. Probably a little less recently than you, though.
>>
>>2452867
Of course I lack empathy for my food. Else ide be one of you petafags... I prefer to enjoy my food, not cry because I'm hungry nor because its feeding me. Its means of death is of no concern. If I'm in the woods starving for 4 days. Imma smash its heat with a rock or the likes. Not how I would kill a human and I certainly wouldn't eat a human I had to kill.
Pussy like the lot of you in this thread are why the world will never be at peace. Grow the fuck up, children.
>>
>>2452846
A lot of people seem to not even have most of the abilities you mentioned but I get your point. As far as behavior goes, I believe there's something to be said for nurture and exposure in that roll. You can't nurture a lion to be a vegetarian but you can influence its personality.
>>
>>2452871
I'm 72 years young, they didn't have "graduation" and "grades" back in my day.
>>
Looks like you petafags finally fucked off. Save HUMANITY, kys.
>>
>>2452875
>A lot of people seem to not even have most of the abilities you mentioned
Most if not all westerners do (I assume you're living in a western nation based on the fact you're speaking English and browsing /an/). People who don't follow these principles usually do so because they consciously chose selfishness, or are too dumb to properly weigh consequences. They are deficient in determining the right course of actions to take, but the faculties to think abstractly are still there.
The only people who literally have trouble thinking abstractly are lesser evolved races. I'm sure you can guess who this applies to.

Not a pussy, far from it. I don't value human/animal life on a binary like you do. Humans are animals. Nature is a hierarchy.

You animal-torturing egalitarians are literally the weirdest fucking people on the internet. I really can't understand the thought process behind it. You disregard all animal life and utility but broadly paint all humans as being "worthy" of life. Consciousness and utility is on a spectrum in the animal kingdom, and this applies to humans as well.
>>
>>2452874
>>2452875
If you're not the same anon, sorry. I'm tired as fuck and read both posts as the same.
>>2452880
>"""humanity"""
Some animals are worth more to the world than most people. Humanitarian animal-sadists are the weirdest minority on his board. Tell me how you believe yourself and 8billion other people to be as equally more advanced than every specie of animal.
>>
>>2451896
>Pet dogs attacking other dogs, people etc.
>outdoor cats
>>2452874 childish people like this
>also some of the things listed in these posts; >>2451896 >>2451934
>>
>>2452885
Yeah, two totally different anons but no worries. I try to be very conciencious about where I source my food, animal or otherwise, their living conditions, etc.
>>
>>2451934
It is just a theory
>>
>>2452728
Do you think bugguy will be summoned if you say nociception 3 times in an /an/ thread? I don't want to take that risk.
>>
>>2452924
So is gravity. Go jump off a building anon, anything could happen :^)
>>
>dogs don't have souls
>>
>Feminists
>>
>>2452004
doggo
>>
>>2453568
K
>>
File: argentino.jpg (93KB, 822x822px) Image search: [Google]
argentino.jpg
93KB, 822x822px
>>2452004
This lol

Pic related. The only dog that you can call a "doggo." The sexy breast known as the Dogo Argentino
>>
File: Dogo argentino.jpg (193KB, 1080x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Dogo argentino.jpg
193KB, 1080x1076px
>>2453602
>The sexy breast
Meant to say "beast"
>>
File: tenor.gif (3MB, 498x279px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
3MB, 498x279px
>>2452955
Anon...
>>
>>2451896
>animals do not have consciousness
>>2451946
>well frankly it's unlikely they do
Bullshit.
Why do dogs show guilt when they do something bad?
>>2452004
>Only autistic retards refer to their dog as a "doggo".
I can't imagine walking through life hating to have fun and enjoy things with others.
I'm one of the oldest posters on 4chan and I don't mean oldfag old though I am that as well and sharing a giggle over a childish inside joke will never not interest me.
You poor sad fuck, 'meh whatever.
>Grow the fuck up and talk like an adult.
FUCK YOU I WON"T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME
>>
>>2453693
Excatly I hate these no fun allowed faggots that have been infecting 4chan for what feels like the last ten years
>>
>>2451934
It technically is still just a theory. Regardless of all the evidence that backs it up. I agree with the theory, but it's still just a theory.
>>
>>2451946
>Even human consciousness start to appear less likely

So I can completely disregard your post then? I get your point that determining the consciousness of another being is impossible, but you have no evidence to suggest that more intelligent animals like pigs, cats, and dogs definitevely do not have a conciousness.

That's not scientific, it's philosophical and dumb and plainly an autistic way to look at life
>>
The fact that I'm not a real life anthro Panther triggers me
>>
>>2452860
This isn't even reddit. This is shitty forum for anti-social dweebs circa 2005.
>>
>>2453693
Autistic retard detected
>>
>when ppl write homo sapiens instead of Homo sapiens
>>
>>2452927
he's right tho
>>
>>2453693
>I'm one of the oldest posters on 4chan
>meh whatever
>FUCK YOU I WON"T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME
jesus christ what a shitshow
>>
>>2453986
Even if they're taking about gays?
>>
>>2454406
Those are homo Homo sapiens.
>>
>"I'm an X expert!"
>Gets very basic information on X wrong
You have no idea how many dog "experts" I meet on a daily basis.
>>2453602
I concur but honestly that dog is just pit bull to the majority of /an/ posters, people rarely specify bully breeds.
>>
>>2451896
>>animals do not have consciousness
But on the flipside, people assuming animals are just like them and projecting human feelings onto them is just as annoying. Like this shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5JvZCncxbg
Ocotpuses are not fucking social, why would they experience gratitude?
>>
>>2452927
Being this retarded and thinking that gravity is a theory on it's existence rather than how the whole gravity thing works.

Oh lawd
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.