[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it time for civilized peoples to band together and ban the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0614.jpg (61KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0614.jpg
61KB, 468x468px
Is it time for civilized peoples to band together and ban the cruel practice known as halal slaughter?
>>
Just ban Islam and we will be good.
>>
>>2449524
FPBP

Though, just ban religion and go from there.
>>
>>2449509
You realize factory farmed meats in first world nations are technically halal slaughtered right? So "civilized peoples" are actually no better.
>>
>>2449509
that's racist, goyim
>>
>>2449535
Nice taqqiya habib
>>
They just hang them up and cut their throats right? I don't see how that is any more traumatic or painful than being eaten alive by wolves or something.
>>
>>2449509
look up what a combine does to living plants when they are harvested and then explain how that's any different without using "animals are cuter"
>>
>>2449552
Shhh, it's only barbaric if they're brown.
>>
What's more cruel about halal slaughtering as opposed to "traditional" slaughtering methods?
>>
File: 1502053974517.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502053974517.png
175KB, 600x600px
>>2449552
>it's okay to do x if something else is worse
>>
>>2449606
plants don't have a nervous system
>>
>>2449535
Don't they kill them before bleeding them over here?
>>
>>2449509
go vegan u bitch, its uneccecary slaughter either way
>>
>>2449552
At least in the wild they live a decent life before dying and have a chance to fight back against the wolves.
>>
>>2449659
>>2449700

these
>>
>>2449509
no lol
>>
>>2449613
Would you rather be shot in the head or have your throat slit then bleed out?
I don't really care either way about the animals though. Halaal meat is only mildly unethical and detrimental to the product but it's a nice way to get people to hate islam.
>>
>>2449611
Fuck off cunt. I'm brown and I don't resort to dangling animals and slitting their throats.

I'm sick of Muslims hiding behind all other brown people as a defense. Just because I'm brown doesn't make me an animal torturing piece of shit. Fucking religion of """peace""" strikes again.
>>
>>2449693
Nah they "stun" them with a blow to the head, this doesn't always kill them or even knock them all the way out
>>
I think the main issue with factory farming isn't the method of execution. It's the entire process and life they lived prior to that. In American factory farms it's fucking miserable to the fullest extent.
>>
>>2450308
Right, and as decent human beings we must take steps to rectify the issues. Let's start with the cruelest practice first: halal.
>>
>>2450310
>Let's start with the cruelest practice first: halal.
But isn't halal slaughter just the method of execution? What about their upbringing - it could've been 15 cows in a 10 acre pasture living off grass. In that case the only misery they experience is the end.

And factory farming with immediate, painless euthanization could be worse, because for 2 years up to that point there were 200 cows in cages the rough dimensions of their body, force fed grain.

In my opinion the latter is worse, despite painless execution.

The only criteria for 'halal' is that their throat be slit by a muslim, from what I understand.

The issue should focus on looking at their entire life's well being up-to that point, and then, focus on changing their last few minutes.
>>
>>2450317
This is honestly a better thought out post than an obvious bait thread deserves.

>The only criteria for 'halal' is that their throat be slit by a muslim, from what I understand.
I think the animal has to be facing Mecca too?
>>
>>2450324
>I think the animal has to be facing Mecca too?
I dunno lol, I just skimmed the first few paragraph or two of wikipedia.

I mean it's bait but it does raise an actual issue
>>
>Kosher meat is slaughtered in the same way
>It's been around for decades and no one says anything
(((Interesting)))
>>
File: IMG_0623.png (1MB, 942x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0623.png
1MB, 942x627px
>>2450317
The animal has to dangle upside down and bleed out.

I love how this board rails against "chinks" and "gooks" when Asian people put dogs in tiny cages and beat them because it supposedly increases flavor, but when you say it's wrong to slit an animals threat and bleed it out it's a bait thread.

You people should be disgusted with yourselves and quite frankly don't belong on an animal board.
>>
>>2450329
Ban that too, Denmark already has.
>>
its why i actively avoid halal anything.
>>
>>2450333
>The animal has to dangle upside down and bleed out.
If you slit their throat they're probably only conscious for under 30 seconds and the last few minutes of life aren't the only things that need to be considered

> bleed it out it's a bait thread.
It isn't that black and white
>>
>>2449509
>>Halalfood is that which adheres to Islamic law, as defined in the Koran. The Islamic form of slaughtering animals or poultry, dhabiha, involves killing through a cut to the jugular vein, carotid artery and windpipe. Animals must be alive and healthy at the time of slaughter and all blood is drained from the carcass.

By cutting the juggulers they feel no pain,
And also we use curtains to slaughter them one by one,
Meat wouldnt taste good if they died with fear.

Also i dont know where u got the pic from but i wouldnt eat an animal thats been slaughtered like that for that would be haram.
>>
>>2450342
Ah thanks for clearing that up. They feel no pain when being dangled and they bleed out fast so it's not a big deal. Thanks for helping me #staywoke
>>
>>2450345
Actually read this comment

>>2450317

Banning a slaughtering practice distracts from the actual problem at hand which is minimizing suffering. Until you want to ban meat consumption and farming meat entirely all you can do is minimize the total suffering they experience, and the method of slaughter is only going to be a fraction of that in any case.

I'm not religious at all, but it seems to me like you are just trying to find more faults with Islam instead of actually immersing yourself in the real issue here
>>
>>2449552
>>2449613
In normal slaughter, the animal is stunned by electrocution, gas, or other means. It's rendered unconscious before it's actually killed. The goal of this is to minimize pain and stress.
In halal slaughter, it's believed that shouting Allah's name right before the slaughter is enough to render the animal stunned.
Some islamic interpretations allow for certain methods of stunning. But whether slaughterhouses actually use them probably depends on the country, and its stances on sharia and animal rights.

>>2450329
This too. If we're arguing that slitting the throat of the animal while it's still conscious is too cruel as the killing method, we should be looking into kosher meat along with halal. I don't think kosher slaughter allows for any methods of stunning at all.
>>
>>2450345
Kek We dont dangle them dude
Lay them down,
Get really sharp knife ,
Cut jugulers ,
Bleed them out,
Wait until it stops jittering,
Finish the job.

>>2450349
I agree, you either lessen the suffering or ban meat consumption entirely.
You cant have both.
And i dont think the practice is going anywhere so long steaks are sizzling.
>>
>>2449693
Not in local Eastern European farms they don't.
>>
>>2450352
No ones said not to ban kosher slaughter as well. Decent people will want to ban both.
>>
>>2449509
Yup just ban religion, Islam is poison
>>
In all seriousness, an animal dangling upside down while its throat bleeds out aided by its own beating heart is a standard practice in non-commercial farms.

http://ourguidetoliving.blogspot.com/2013/10/feathers-feathers-everywhere.html

>>2450324
>I think the animal has to be facing Mecca too?
nah that isn't mentioned anywhere
>>
>>2450352
>it's believed that shouting Allah's name right before the slaughter is enough to render the animal stunned.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2450342
>Meat wouldnt taste good if they died with fear.
That sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>2450627
What do you expect? It's religion
>>
>>2450627
The "science" behind it is that the animal's meat is subjected to norepinephrine and adrenaline which make the meat taste off. Can't verify beyond what I've heard, I've never eaten tortured meat to compare.
>>
>>2449509
People have been slaughtering animals for thousands of years with pretty much the same method. If you really care about animals, then you should be a vegitarian.
>>
>>2449659
But plants can feel pain, granted that pain is defined as immediate responce to physical stimuli.
>>
>>2449702
Livestock are completely dependant on humans, they would be much worse off in the wild.
>>
>>2449702
>fight back against the wolves.
HAHAHAHA
One broken old ass sheep vs like what 5 to 8 wolves in a pack.
Nah nigga you dumb go watch some nature docs.
Shit nigga damn.
>>
>>2449509
What other option is there? Electrocution is also unethical, hence why we banned it for humans. Drugs are out of the question. Also, Halal slaughter and many other traditional slaughtering methods have been around for millenia, animals were domensticated to be killed witha knife, not some fancy techno gizmos.
>>
>>2450704
>animals were domensticated to be killed witha knife, not some fancy techno gizmos.
just like wheat was domesticated to be cut with a scythe, not a fucking million-dollar robotic combine.

that doesn't mean a scythe is better than a combine any more than a knife is better than a bolt gun.
>>
>>2450704
Are you fucking dumb? Animals were not bred to be killed by a knife. Show me ONE study that corroborates this claim.

And electrocution and a shot to the head with a cattle gun are a million times more humane than dangle and bleed method that savages use.
>>
>>2449509
Ban kosher as well
>>
>>2449693
Not sure about free range. But in most factory farms the cows are herded into rooms that are then filled with ankle deep water before they are electrocuted to death en mass. It's pretty much instantaneous. Think being struck by lightning. It stops the heart as fast as a bullet.

In smaller factory farms the cows are herded single file through a pen where the employees use a bolt gun. This literally drives a giant spike into the brain. It's basically pithing (skewering the brains of a fish) on on a much larger scale.

It's instantaneous. The cows aren't crammed into a room like sardines in a tin can then drenched in freezing cold water. They don't even feel it happen because the brain itself has no nerve endings.

There is literally no more humane way to kill an animal.
>>
File: beef-grading-us-can.jpg (136KB, 679x413px) Image search: [Google]
beef-grading-us-can.jpg
136KB, 679x413px
>>2450627
it can also impact the colour of the meat which greatly effects it's market value
keeping animals calm at slaughter is best for all involved
>>
Everyone is forgetting that halal evolved during the freaking dark ages and shit.

FOR IT'S TIME, halal and kosher was the most advanced and humane way to slaughter an animal. It sure as hell beats the crap out of chasing an animal down to ground then as it lays there panting and foaming at the mouth, too exhausted to run anymore, it gets torn apart by a pack of hunting dogs as a bunch of savages randomly stab it with a bunch of wooden spears.

AND, in many third world shithole countries it is STILL the best method. How the fuck are you going to humanely slaughter an animal when you have no electricity, running water, or even a fucking gun and bullets? Club the poor thing to death?

By all means ban the practice in non third world countries where you have the luxury of giving our food better rights and privileges than our fellow humans on death row, but don't try and claim that it's in any way cruel or inhumane.

And I say all this as someone who fucking hates the shitskins.
>>
>>2449702
>domesticated animals
>in the wild
>>
>>2450690
Yeah, but that was before we became technologically advanced and developed new and improved methods were we can be both humane, and still eat delicious steaks and porkchops.

There's just no excuse for using that technique in this day and age unless you are living in a third world country.

Even the poorest of farmers can just use a hand gun to the skull, before hanging the animal up and bleeding it out.
>>
>>2450704
Three words: Captive bolt pistol

Google that shit, you ignorant hick.
>>
>>2450826
Not ethical, if it was, then why isen't it used on humans?
>>
>>2449509
Since almost all of you are first worlders you know nothing about how the animals are slaughtered in the third world.

In South America they do the same thing, with chickens to cows. They are both killed really fast but I won't deny that they suffer for a little amount of time. Paralising them is better but those things are expensive for a third worlder.

Pretty much all the world does halal slaughter.
>>
>>2450816
Pick two

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_wild_cattle
>>
>>2450302
Inb4 a white cuck calls you an uncle tom
>>
>>2450360
Stop trying to justify your barbaric subhuman torture of animals
>>
>>2451251
do you understand the difference between sentience and sapience
if you do then that's why it's not used on humans
if you don't then go find out retard
>>
>>2450815
its is also arbitrary and has no impact on the heart of the problem

I mean if you actually see the mass of meat(animals) we are talking about here needed to feed many millions
i naturally wish there was a better way and this halal thing seems pointless on the scale of slaughter and would just annoy the butchers
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.