[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in North Dallas and stumbled upon this guy today. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 20170802_122258.jpg (1002KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170802_122258.jpg
1002KB, 2560x1440px
I'm in North Dallas and stumbled upon this guy today. I'm fucking stumped as to what it is, does anyone know?

He's about the size of a car key fob.
>>
File: 20170802_122232.jpg (891KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170802_122232.jpg
891KB, 2560x1440px
>>
Locust?
>>
Its a cicada. Surprised you've never seen one.
>>
>>2446792
I've seen cicadas before, I don't think that's what it is. They're usually lime green and their wings fold like 90 degrees to the ground...unless this is like some kind of super species.

This is the single largest insect I've ever seen in my life. Probably 3.5x1.5x1.5 inches
>>
>>2446795

The ones in Georgia look like that. Scary looking but harmless.
>>
>>2446784
It's a cricket you morons
>>
>>2446795
I think your idea of a cicada must be incorrect, because that bug right there is definitely a cicada.
>>
>>2446795
These are cicadas, sorry. They do come in different colors.
>>
>>2446795
Why do rednecks always think every commonly named animal is only one single species where all individuals look the exact same?
>>
>>2446795
>I've seen cicadas before, I don't think that's what it is.
Now I want to know what bug you thought was a cicada.
>>
>>2446954
Because why the fuck would they care? Every kind of dog is just a dog, every kind of bug is just a bug
>>
>>2448213
>understanding the world around you is pointless
>things are just things, what's the point of caring any further
This is how rednecks think. This is why why you and your ilk are constantly the butt of jokes
>>
>>2446806

Every time I've seen what I think is a dead cicada, I get near it and it freaks the fuck out in a spasm of screeches, like a tiny sound grenade.
>>
>>2446795
Dude there's like a bazillion different species of cicada.
>>
File: Would You Like to Know More.gif (52KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
Would You Like to Know More.gif
52KB, 500x277px
>>2448213
>every kind of bug is just a bug
>>
I'm from Georgia, and yes that is most certainly a cicada. They make a loud screeching noise at dusk and you can often find their old shells hanging on trees. Looks like a Northern Dusk Singing Cicada, completely harmless.
>>
>>2446954
I made this mistake with the mosquito recently. :x
>>
>>2446784
North Dallas pool man here. That's a cicada
>>
I'm not surprised OP has never seen one. Besides finding dying ones by the hordes coming back from Philly at the train station I've only seen maybe two or three of them my entire life.
>>
>>2446784
Cicada. Nasty weirdos who i had a bad experience with. For some reason Feb is always a shit ton lf cicadas every every year and one time at a pool i was on to the side of the drain and a small hand adjustment gave me a handfull of a single cicada which buzzed the living shit and scared the living shit out of me making me flail around in the pool hahahahhaaha
>>
>>2446784
What part of North Dallas?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.