[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

according to his DNA results he is a chihuahua/poodle mix with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 0198876589.png (626KB, 478x686px) Image search: [Google]
0198876589.png
626KB, 478x686px
according to his DNA results he is a chihuahua/poodle mix with bits of cocker spaniel, shih tzu, and some other mixed breeds. did my dog fail his DNA test? have other people gotten unexpected results?
>>
File: Capture.png (770KB, 601x586px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
770KB, 601x586px
>>2446542
>did my dog fail his DNA test?
I don't see how you could fail a DNA test nor why you would think he did fail, if he could. he looks like a chihuahua mix.

I've been curious about what my dog's DNA results would be but I've never done it. in the end, some educated guessing is good enough if you're looking to predict future health issues or behaviors.

pic is my dog. the rescue guessed lab/collie. I assume they knew the mother was a collie mix but if he IS a lab mix it doesn't show. no webbed toes, no overeating, not too food-motivated, sort of lazy. it's more likely he's a golden mix. did you know puppies from the same litter can have different fathers? he was the only gold-colored one with a double-coat, and the rest of his siblings were black with smooth short coats, and he had one gold-colored sister who looks like a basset hound.

my point is it's such a crapshoot that your dog could literally be a mix of anything until you get the DNA results back. I wouldn't be surprised if you said your dog had some beagle or italian greyhound or boxer in him and would take you at your word.
>>
>>2446542
What did you expect him to be lol
>>
those tests are at best inaccurate and at worst, outright scams
>>
>>2446745
Why? Genetic markers exist for lots of breeds and it's not exactly difficult to sequence and search for markers.
>>
>>2446779
I've had those test performed on purebred champion line Border Collies and they came back with Shetland Sheepdog-Cavalier mix. Wish I had saved it, money down the drain. I only did it on the collies because I wanted to make sure it was accurate since I had a mystery mutt at the time.
>>
>>2446971
Border Collies and Shetland Sheepdogs are phylogenetically close. It isn't like there has been zero gene flow between "breeds" once they are designated by humans.

Just because the data didn't tell you what you wanted to hear doesn't mean it's wrong.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.