[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/, so its time to put down my cat, but i cant afford to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 1495569400943.jpg (38KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
1495569400943.jpg
38KB, 600x453px
Hey /an/, so its time to put down my cat, but i cant afford to take it to the vet
What are the most humane ways to end my friends life?
>>
File: rec.handling.guideline.img1.jpg (8KB, 350x291px) Image search: [Google]
rec.handling.guideline.img1.jpg
8KB, 350x291px
>>2445364
>>
File: Y0660E07.gif (4KB, 485x261px) Image search: [Google]
Y0660E07.gif
4KB, 485x261px
>>
>>
>>2445364
notice the X from ears to eyes.

Please be aware that shooting your cat in the brain will still result in seizures, spasms, and violent flopping and screaming.

if this disturbs you go ahead and pay the $90 for a peaceful death. Otherwise pet and love your friend before pulling the fucking trigger and be ready for screaming and bleeding and possibly a second or third shot.

best of luck, I'm sorry it has come to this.
>>
File: gdo610.jpg (40KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
gdo610.jpg
40KB, 800x800px
>>2445378
not OP but what would happen if you positioned one of these over the neck between the head and shoulders and pushed down hard?
>>
>>2445382
Are you strong and fast enough to do that without injuring the cat?

Just do it at the vet. Killing your own animal, even with a gun, will be a very painful memory.
>>
>>2445382
most likely the animal would be paralyzed but very much alive.

a better shot would be to the atlanto-axial joint, but most people wouldn't know where that is. Also it has about a 50% chance of survival with quadriplegia.

the best choice is pithing the animal destroying the brainstem. That calls for a trapper's shot which I've pictured above. Classic X
>>
>>2445389
>Killing your own animal, even with a gun, will be a very painful memory.
fucking truth.

a vet is worth every penny
>>
>>2445390
>cut animal head off

>it might survive anon!

wat
>>
>>2445395
you're not likely to cut the animal in 2 at the shoulders, and the animal is likely to survive the severing of the spinal cord above the atlanto-axial joint.

the shoulder girdle is pretty strong.

pithing the brain is the best bet but even then it's not likely to succeed without mess and noise.
>>
>>2445397
You might be evil if you want animal brains pithed.

No, you are evil.
>>
>>2445398
I don't want anything.

OP asked the best way to euthanize for cheap.
vet is the best way.
pithing is the second best.
>>
>>2445399
EVIL
>>
>>2445403
so suggest better ways.

Helium or nitrogen might be good but they cost more than a .22
>>
File: Piano_Wire.jpg (48KB, 451x452px) Image search: [Google]
Piano_Wire.jpg
48KB, 451x452px
>>2445397
what about some of this then?
>>
>>2445404
A 22 in the spine?
EVIL
>>
God just let it live out its days or take it to the fucking vet when you have enough money.
>>
>>2445405
probably fine since consciousness is lost within seconds of constriction of the carotid.

I'd be happy to die that way so long as muscle wasn't cut. Rope might be better.
>>
>>2445406
a double douce in a cat is like a cannon through your spine. quick and painless.
>>
>>2445408
Stop posting evil guy.
>>
>>2445410
no.

OP's question will be answered.

Not everyone has $90 for a clean death.
They should know how to avoid messy ends.
>>
>>2445412
The cat will die either way. It'll either die horrifically from whatever's killing it, die horrifically from OP failing to put it down properly, or die cleanly from a proper execution.
>>
>>2445413
I agree.

that's why I tell OP how to put it down properly and tell him it will still be horrific.

There's no way to kill an animal that's as clean and peaceful as what a vet can do.
>>
>>2445364
Do you live in a first world country? If so you can look around for shelters that will euthanize for cheap. Just ask for the body back because cremation and disposal costs are what get ya. Alternatively call your police department (not emergency line) and explain your cat is dying. If you get an animal lover they will shoot it in the head for you. Honestly the vet is probably a lot cheaper than you think if you tell them you're taking the body with you
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.