[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with being attacked by a dog? Say a pitbull

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

File: Karl.gif (98KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Karl.gif
98KB, 500x281px
How do you deal with being attacked by a dog? Say a pitbull

Assume gun is not in the equation
>>
inb4 wikihow
>>
>>2444500
I can't be dealin with this
>>
gouging its eyes out with something sharp would be your best hope
pitbulls and other tard strength breeds can take blunt force pretty well
>>
File: 1427344865762.jpg (572KB, 3283x2462px) Image search: [Google]
1427344865762.jpg
572KB, 3283x2462px
Just bite out its fucking jugular. Don't you want a plaque erected in your honor?
>>
>>2444500
I always carry a pocket knife so I''l take em out Steve Erwin style
>>
>>2444517
>Aggravated by a group of backpackers
Fucking tourists
>>
File: goofycabana.jpg (175KB, 972x687px) Image search: [Google]
goofycabana.jpg
175KB, 972x687px
Would an aggressive dog be merciful to a person if they dropped to the ground and rolled over in submission?
>>
>>2444520
that only works before the fight started
>>
The dog will lunch at you and attempt to knock you over by shifting your balance
If you end up on your ass or, God help you, on your back, during the encounter, the dog's immediate follow up will be to try to get its jaws around your throat.
Your goal is to avoid this two-hit KO by any means necessary.
>>
>>2444526
lunge*
Fuck off
>>
>>2444500
Before an attack I'd get something long to separate the dog and myself. Anything long will do, it doesn't need to be stronger than the dog it just needs to be a distraction and potential weapon. Usually a hit on the head when they are far away makes them reconsider.

If the attack is already happening, I pull up on the collar. Straight up towards the sky until the dog passes out. If there is no collar and simply kicking it in the throat won't do, I move on to the next bit

If I get on the ground somehow, I put my arm under and around the dogs neck so my hand makes a full circle and my hand uses the back of my head as a grip. Of course this is done facing dorsally if possible to minimize further damage to yourself while you get in position. Keep grip tight until dog is out

Vast majority of dogs bite and back off, in which case you just back off, facing the dog, unless you want a worse bite.

t. someone who works with and gets bitten by potentially dangerous dogs
>>
File: 1468184468471.jpg (12KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1468184468471.jpg
12KB, 306x306px
>>2444553
>get something long

That's also why elderly always advice to have a huge walking stick when going through the forest.
It makes sense.
>>
File: 1480903466622.png (71KB, 287x455px) Image search: [Google]
1480903466622.png
71KB, 287x455px
>getting flashbacks of my dog attack from this thread
>>
File: Utalkinshite.jpg (23KB, 137x160px) Image search: [Google]
Utalkinshite.jpg
23KB, 137x160px
>>2444510
Your'e talkin shite You baldy mankey headed twonk!
>>
I got attacked by a pitbull once. Fortunately I was wearing motorcycle leathers at the time. Clamped down on my forearm so I poked its eyes and it let go after being blinded. Fucking guido kid it belonged to grabbed it before it could do anything else. He apologized and I let it go at that.
>>
>>2444596
HEAD LIKE A FUKIN ORANGE
>>
>>2444500
Punch it in the fucking nose
Wolf slam
Shove the bitten body part down its throat so it has to release.
>>
>>2444517
Wow, what a fucking asshole.
>>
>>2444517
FUCKING MANLY
>>
rip its gills out
>>
Kick it square in the face. Best case scenario, its skull shatters. Worst case scenario, it loses it fucking teeth when it tries to bite my foot mid-kick.
>>
File: sidechoke2.jpg (118KB, 638x826px) Image search: [Google]
sidechoke2.jpg
118KB, 638x826px
Would it be possible to choke out a dog?
>>
Knife the beast
>>
>>2444517
Saxton hale pls go
>>
You should see a dog attack coming really.

If they're on you, and you are down on the ground you're fucked. Don't bother attempting to gouge at it's eyes, you're on the ground getting your flesh ripped away, you probably don't have the accuracy to gouge shit. Just try to smash the dogs nose (not head) as hard as you can or shove your hand deeper in it's throat and tear it's tongue out.

As someone who runs/cycles on back roads with actual aggressive non-socialized dogs (big ass 80 pound dogs used to herd sheep or just that farmers have to guard their shit) who will fuck you up, a kick or two to the face is the best strategy and usually leaves them stunned and you have enough time to get out of their "territory"

Basically, if they actually get a hold of you, or worse, get you to the ground, good luck, you may have a bigger brain, but they are physically superior in unarmed combat in just about every way.
>>
>>2446277
Possible if they didn't resist.
But unlikely because their necks are so fucking muscular and strong and it'll be nearly impossible to get on in a position where you can do that
>>
>>2444500
Dogs react to power. Just scream really fucking loud in it's face. Show no fear.
>>
>>2444500
>Wrap shirt around arm
>Let dog bite arm
>Put thumb in eye socket, punch throat, throw around, or drown if there's a body of water nearby
>sometimes they'll let go to bite again, makes sure it's your arm
>>
>>2444500
Go into shock.
>>
>>2444500
I one time got attacked by a dog in my neighborhood while on a walk and I had a collapsible baton.
>One whack on the head and it died
Feels bad
>>
>>2444500
Collar choke or if there's no collar triangle choke. No other way to neutralize or kill real abpt. But considering real abpt's don't bite humans, eye poke or hard punch to nose is enough

I have amstaff and my neighbour has two game dogs
>>
>>2444500
Eye gouge / or if I manage to do so before it latches on grab it by the legs and bash it into something repeatedly. I'm strong enough to do this.
>>
Grab testicles or shove your fist in the back of its throat.
>>
>getting out of car at dog park parking lot
>hear a guy screaming
>huge pit bull on this guy's black lab
>pit bull has its jaws locked on the lab's throat
>the guy is trying everything to get this monster off his best friend. punching it, trying to pull it off
>black lab is just yelping trying to get away
>you can just hear in the guy's voice that he's half panicking because he's losing his dog in front of his eyes
>i'm just frozen in shock
>eventually the pit lets go
>the pit's just panting like "I did a good job, right mommy?" to its owner
>owner apologizes profusely and leaves before the dog enters the dog park from the parking lot
>>
>>2446277
There was some story a while back about a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu guy saving some kids attacked by a fighting pitbull in Brazil by using a chokehold
>>
>>2446277
Definitely. But not by using those methods. Go to any vet office and they use something called a headlock to hold the really awful dogs whose owners refuse sedation. If you hold them tight enough and strong enough you will eventually kill them. If you aren't a frail NEET you would be able to do this to most dogs. The biggest danger at that point is you're already close enough to get bit. You want to keep distance from the dog to prevent that.
>>
File: vqDOXH1.jpg (60KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
vqDOXH1.jpg
60KB, 728x546px
To understand how to survive a dog attack, you must first learn to be a dog.
>>
>>2444514
Don't even need something sharp.

Friend was attacked by a pitbull when he was 13. Jammed his thumb through the eye socket into the brain. Ded doggo
>>
File: pit bull skull.jpg (63KB, 900x637px) Image search: [Google]
pit bull skull.jpg
63KB, 900x637px
>>2449157
>Jammed his thumb through the eye socket into the brain.
there's no opening from the eye socket to the brain.
>>
>>2444500
After many months of homelessness and more than a few dog bites I learned the trick.

When you see an aggressive dog you immediately bend down and pick up a rock. Then raise your arm to throw it. They understand that for some reason.

If you can't find anything to throw you can just pretend to pick something up and raise your arm like you're going to throw. It's usually effective.

You're welcome.
>>
Obviously your at fault if a dog wants to bite you. How about trying not to be a asshole next time.
And why the hell would you hurt a dog ever. This thread is wrong.
>>
>>2444500

Ideally you shoot the fucker before it gets to you but if you are unarmed
>feed doggo your arm - because doggo is stupid this isnt particularly hard as long as you dont pussy out, then jam it in there as deep as you can, at this point doggo no longer wants to bite you and wants you out
>if you dont want to wait for it to choke or break its own neck go for the eyes with your free arm or beat the shit out of it

Minimal injury, cuts and abrasions on your arm, one of the safest and most effective ways of doing it.
>>
>All these posts about shoving your fist/arm down their throats
This is a thing?
>>
>>2449182
hi Sweden
>>
>>2449210

The dog is just going off instinct. (Most) don't have any sense how to kill a large animal and will just bite onto the first thing they can wrap their teeth around. Trained attack dogs will have probably been trained against people in protective suits that encourage the dog to bite arms or limbs.

By allowing them to bite onto your arm, you both minimize the risk of trying to grab their legs/neck and missing (possibly getting bitten in the face or neck instead), and it gives you a point of leverage to lift them. They're strong, but not very heavy, and once they're off the ground you can kill them any number of ways- slamming them into a tree or building, choking them with your free hand, getting on top of them and driving your knee into their chest etc.

Against larger dogs (or if you're a smaller human), or if you witness someone being attacked by a dog, you'll pretty much want something in your hands to fight the dog- be that a walking stick, hammer/tire iron, knife, gun etc.

This is all sort of academic in assuming you see the dog attack coming. The videos I've seen (and personal experience being attacked by a dog as a kid)- people naturally don't want to fight the dog and will try to de-escalate the situation. I've heard bullshit like how you should "just stand still and the dog will get bored", but if you're not in a posture to defend yourself (or you're attacked from behind), then the chance of it going to the ground is pretty high (which is how most people end up dead).
>>
>>2444517
>This is a gold slab. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
>>
>>2449176
Well it died. Don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>2444500
You've got 4 long and strong limbs to keep its mouth away from your vital organs m8
>>
>>2444500
I'd probably try to use my weight to pin them down. Like catch any potential bites with my forearms then push my knees into them. I weigh like 90kg, so I doubt they'd be able to get out of that. Might get my arms chewed up quite a bit though.
>>
kick it until I find something suitable to throw at it or beat it. my kicks aren't likely to stop a pit completely, but I know for a fact I can discourage at least one ~30lb mutt and one overweight black lab from continuing to attack me.
>>
some border collie tried to bite me and i kicked it in the ribs once, then it whined really loudly and ran away squealing
>>
>>2449182
I've watched a pit bull attack a little girl walking down the road because the owners didn't understand to tie the fucking dog up. It has also attacked my 15yr old dog in my yard and didn't let go until I kicked it square in the face with steel toed boots. Some dogs shouldn't be alive.
>>
>>2446283
Thanks for the free kek
>>
>>2449176
>what are the superior and inferior orbital fissures
>>
punch it in the nose or grab him by the dick. they would stop biting if you grab their dick or balls, even rub their stomatch being honest senpai.
>>
>>2444500
>SLEEP TIGHT PUPP3R
>>
>>2444500
fart at it
>>
>>2444500
Don't be afraid, you're much heavier than the dog, scream loudly and smash him as hard as you can.
>>
>>2449892
>what are the superior and inferior orbital fissures
>not big enough for a thumb
>>
>>2446286
>but they are physically superior in unarmed combat in just about every way.
Manlet cardio bunny detected.
If you can lift over hundred pounds above your head a 80 pound dog aint shit.
Shit nigga damn.
>>
>>2446286
>a kick or two to the face is the best strategy
This.
also, if you have advance warning and a knife (even a flimsy pen knife works):
> wrap as many clothes or a backpack around non-dominant arm
> when dog charges, shove "armored" arm in doggo's mouth
> when it chomps down, hoist dog, exposing its throat
> with a quick slashing movement of your dominant hand, open the mutt's throat
> watch it choke / bleed to death
> if it drew blood from your, arm, cut off head and take to local disease control center to check for rabies.
>>
>>2444500
pepper spray
>>
File: 1485576353819.jpg (108KB, 900x680px) Image search: [Google]
1485576353819.jpg
108KB, 900x680px
>>
>>2444500
I'm a LEO in the Northeastern US and i've had some encounters with aggressive dogs.

I'll list methods of dispatching the pooch in terms of effectiveness

1. Yelling
-ineffective. If the dog is aggressive, hes probably used to getting yelled at by humans.

2. Taser
-Relatively ineffective. Dog moves too quickly to get a good bead/LOS on it. If hit though, effective.

3. Baton
-Relatively effective. We are trained to use batons on non lethal areas in humans (IE, avoid the skull, spine, ect) but on dogs, its swing away. Dogs are faster than you'd think in avoiding a fast, hard object moving towards them.

4. Pepper/OC spray
-Effective. Spray gives you a wide area of attack, once the pooch gets a face full of riot grade spray, they fuck off.

5. Firearm
-Very effective. Should go without saying. Even the meanest most pissed off dog in the world drops like a sack of potatoes with even a glancing shot from a 9mm or larger.
>>
File: 1364973421937.jpg (40KB, 244x244px) Image search: [Google]
1364973421937.jpg
40KB, 244x244px
>>2446283
>>
>>2444500
Finger in anus
>>
>>2446313
>be me
>taking a walk
>ferocious pitbull appears, ready to bite the shit out of me
>yell at dog to wait so I can take off my shirt and tie it around my arm
>dog waits
>holyshitthatactuallyworked.jpg
>give dog the o.k.
>dog lunges
>bites right through shirt on my arm
>I'm fucked
>dog tears off arm, then proceeds to rip out my throat
>rip anon
>>
>>2444500

Just remember that dogs are vulnerable to feints/ fake outs.
>>
>>2444500
You use the animals momentum to shove your hand down its throat pin it to the ground in follow through, making a fist in its throat. Grasp its bottom jaw with your other hand while it gags and regrets its choices and wrench down and sideways. Wrench your arm fist still closed out of its throat . Mercy curbstomp it.
>>
>>2451545
Your fist is closed in its esophagus to anchor your arm in there so it cannot escape and regroup. Your dislocating its jaw in the next move, and posibly everting its esophagus pulling your fist out.
>>
I'm from /k/, gun is always in the equation. Friend of mine was attacked by a pit that had bitten other people as well. That trash family has been carefully dodging Animal Control, who comes to try and take the dog after each incident. I go on walks with her now around her apartment in the hopes that its shitty owners let it run around again, so I can finally have a justifiable use for my pistol.

Assuming noguns, I have a knife, I'd probably start stabbing an attacking dog, especially around the throat; I imagine an attacking dog stabbed-but-not-disabled will just keep persisting until you put enough holes in it. If I didn't have my knife, punching and kicking while defending face sounds important. I figure doing the 28 Days Later "push thumbs into eye sockets" is the best way to kill something if you can get in position to do that. Of course you hear all the stories of people that got fucked up by dogs, they may be smaller but they're designed for this kind of shit, taking you to the ground and tearing your throat out. Their nose seems vulnerable, but besides punching and eye-gouging humans don't have "tear your throat out" built in weapons.

Staying on your feet for height advantage + using tools is the original wolf-fighting tactic.
>>
File: 1492272235487.jpg (50KB, 410x344px) Image search: [Google]
1492272235487.jpg
50KB, 410x344px
>>2451150

Thanks for the advice officer
>>
>>2451150
I've heard something about pitbulls having bulletproof skulls. Can you confirm?
>>
I had to fight my way through a pack of dogs in Antigua. Literally just swung my arms around and every chance I got, I would grab a rock and hit one of them with it. Eventually I found a large enough rock and brought it down on the largest ones nose. That caused a few of them to start moving away and while they did that I kicked the smaller ones who were still attacking me as hard as I could. Ended up needing stitches in multiple parts of my body, broken ribs, lots of blood loss, and having to limp for a few days until I realized with, zero thanks to my doctor, that my ankle was very much strained by the strength I put into my kicks.
>>
>>2454176
Rib injuries were from falling into a flood drain after the initial attack. Their infrastructure is outdated and too exposed to the elements.
>>
>>2444517
I based an essay on the premise that bears can't be trusted.

>I included Stephen Colbert and his everyday bear report.
>OP's post about how a man can always defeat a bear. Using OP'S image as a source.
>Finally that no one can be trusted, the person that played a bear in DnD... maxed bluff and persuasion to only be "got" by a crazy man at Sir Bearington's banquet.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.