[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm writing a short story that involves a guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Hey guys,

I'm writing a short story that involves a guy riding for months over wildlands and his horse getting seriously sick and possibly dying. Events take place from July to October. Could anyone suggest what sort of disease could horse contract in such an environment? I know about broken legs and there could be intestines problems, but I'd prefer some sort of disease.Rabid animal bite also came to mind.

I'm willing to google things thoroughly, but I'd appreciate some advice first, thanks.

Pic quite related.

thanks
>>
>>2444000
First thing that comes to mind is distemper.
>>
>>2444000
equine encephalitis, the specific type depends on region.
>>
>>2444000
>check'd
Rattlesnaek
>>
>>2444000
Grass sickness
>>
>>2444000
Why ia edward rising a horse
>>
File: IMG_3195.gif (498KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3195.gif
498KB, 500x211px
>>2444000
>his horse getting seriously sick and possibly dying
I seriously hope you're just writing this for your desk drawer and yourself. Especially if you don't have much actual riding experience.
>People who don't if ever ride horses always fucking need to write books where there's a FUCKTON of horses and horse riding.
>>
>>2444628
You got that angry about it you made a whole new thread just to complain about it?

You don't have to film a movie to know a movie is bad. You don't have to know how to ride a horse to write about a guy with a dying horse either. If people only wrote what they've done, all our movies and books would be about going to the gas station and the big bad would be spiders.
>>
File: IMG_3201.jpg (30KB, 523x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3201.jpg
30KB, 523x395px
>>2444691
I got so angry about it I made two threads about it on /an/ AND /lit/. I'm tired of people who try to totally make shit up about something that can be very common knowledge to find. It's just lazy and unenteraining.
>>
File: 1403393481692.jpg (345KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1403393481692.jpg
345KB, 640x640px
>>2444628
Why did that horse get depressed and intentionally sink to the bottom of the swamp? What do horses have to be sad about? This pony looks sad but is it?
>>
>>2444984
Its from the Neverending story, it was a magical swamp of despair, the kid was protected from its effects by an amulet but the horse got the full blast, its implied the swamps properities come from the giant tortoise living there
>>
>>2444000
>he rode his horse like a horse
>because a horse is a horse, of course
>but a snake bit his mares tit
>and she got very sick
>so he tried to suck the venom out
>and was accused of bestiality
>luckily this was in Canada
>>
>>2445002
Ohh. Seems like they should have knocked up an amulet for the horse in that case.
>>
>>2445302
>Horse Amulet
Whoah!
You've gone too far now buddy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.