[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys have any animal related phobias? I'm pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

File: 1483322548953.png (78KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1483322548953.png
78KB, 240x240px
Do you guys have any animal related phobias? I'm pretty sure I have moderate spheksophobia (fear of wasps), I get extremely paranoid during the summer when I go outside during a sunny day especially if I'm standing near a bush or tall grass, every time one gets near me I automatically run away and yesterday one got into my room and I had a fucking panic attack because no one else was in the house to help me.

He's still there, sleeping behind my blinds.
>>
>>2443912
I'm absolutely terrified by the possibility of me accidentally crushing a snail while walking outside.
Merely thinking that its squashed slimy body has the chance to be still alive in that situation horrifies me to no hand.
I can't stand to touch them or let them crawl on me either.
>>
>>2443912
I have a bad case of arachnophobia. I spend an ungodly amount of time checking rooms' corners for webs or spiders and avoiding dark and tight spaces in places I don't know in case there'd be spiders hiding there. Once I opened a door and there was one dangling from a string of web at about my eye level, it dropped a down a little and touched my arm. I ran off, dropped down some place and spent an hour crying and clawing at the spot the spider had touched my arm until it was just all blood. What fun.
If they're very small (good luck, apparently I see them all way bigger than they actually are) and don't move too fast or erratically, I can manage to take them out with a glass and put them out, sometimes.
Also I really don't want to be bitten or stung by anything because I find that horribly annoying, but it's not really a phobia. I really don't want to touch any of those stuff either because they're dirty.
>>
ITT: Pussycats
>>
>>2443922
I'm pretty sure I would never get over stepping on a small toad or frog.
>>
It's not really a phobia, but I'm a little bit afraid of dolphins. I met them a few times while scuba diving, and I felt nervous around them. It's just that they're big and fast as fuck, and they always want to play or whatever. Other sea animals just don't give a shit, but not dolphins. They swim around you, they can poke you, and you just never know what's on their mind. One moment it's swimming calmly at a distance, the next moment it charges at you at full speed, but then swims past you in like half a meter, and then just follows your group for the rest of the dive. I mean, it's pretty cool, but then if you think about it, it's a wild carnivorous animal the size of a horse with intelligence of an ape in its natural habitat, and you're a pathetic land walker who puts on a shitload of uncomfortable gear to clumsily navigate this environment that you aren't adapted to. I actually think it's weird that other people can stay so calmaround dolphins.

By the way, I met a huge shark once and it wasn't particularly scary (maybe somewhat due to the nitrogen narcosis, it was my first dive deeper than 30 m, and I accidentally dropped to 40).
>>
>>2443912
man i hate wasp
>>
When i was 5 i got stung by a jellyfish.
I hate going to beaches since that time.
>>
I hate birds, multiple magpie attacks as a kid have fucked me
>>
>>2443912

Wasps and bees, and to a lesser extent other buzzing flying creatures

I will freeze up, get tunnel-vision on that buzzing fucker, look panicked for a weapon, and flee like a little girl when it approaches my face
>>
I too have fear of wasps and bees, but once you understand the key points of how to eliminate their sources you will rarely see any around.

Biggest thing you can do is eliminate the nests. They're trying to find them and are retarded and fly around the house because they remember the nest is close. Worse is if the nest is on the house and obviously you need to look on all sides. This sounds scary but it's the easiest to get them here because you can spray them with raid 30 feet away and they'll probably be dead before you run back inside. You will want to paint bare wood like in outside doorways so it's harder for them to make nests there.

The other problem is if your doors have a second screen door, if it has any gaps in them they fly in there and can't get out. Moment you open the door on your side to go out, they'll fly in. Same thing for the windows, you'll want to get some stick on foam or caulk and make sure it's a good seal.

They also have reusable wasp traps where you just put juice or soda in them and they last for nearly 2 weeks as they fill up with the little faggots. Just two of these can cover the outside square footage of your house.

Once I started doing all this I haven't seen a wasp or bee outside of my window in two months
>>
File: 1500141824613.jpg (2MB, 1920x4632px) Image search: [Google]
1500141824613.jpg
2MB, 1920x4632px
>>2443912
Cockroaches freak me out. No other bugs scare me, just roaches. They look nasty as shit and I associate them with filthiness. Unfortunately for me, I usually find a giant one in my house every once in awhile.
>>
File: Crunchy.jpg (51KB, 714x960px) Image search: [Google]
Crunchy.jpg
51KB, 714x960px
>>2444171
Wait, are cockroach farms weird?
>>
I'm pretty scared of dogs, probably inherited it from my mother who had a dog sicced on her as a child by some asshole in her backwards town she grew up in as a joke that she had to run a kilometer to avoid. The sad part is I actually like doggos when I know they are friendly I can just never get comfortable with them quickly it takes a lot of time.
>>
File: nest relocation.webm (698KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
nest relocation.webm
698KB, 640x360px
>>2444167
alternative, cheaper way to deal with wasps is to be friendly with them and they actually won't hassle you
>>
>>2444243
I'd just call the firemen, desu.
With bees too, though bees they'd just give you a beekeeper's number.
>>
>>2443961
>tfw you accidentally squished a little frog's guts out of his mouth while shoveling rock
rip frogger ;~;
>>
Yeah I'm terrified of wasps too. I stepped in a nest when I was little. Yellow jackets are the worst though
>>
>>2443912
I've developed a terrible fear of large swimming creatures over the last year. Namely whales, whale sharks, and sunfish. I don't know where it came from. I was rewatching blue planet and started panicking when I saw a whale.
>>
>>2444243
wasps attack for no reason
i kill every wasp i see and destroy their nests
>>
File: b_x4rscvaaiqeat.jpg (8KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
b_x4rscvaaiqeat.jpg
8KB, 600x392px
>>2445261
That's probably more a fear of open water. I grew up in the water (live on the great lakes with family in the Carolinas and Florida) and I've been developing a case of submechanicophobia. I've been snorkeling and dove a few reefs but never any wreckages. It's befuddling.
>>
>>2445261
>>2445564
I can't deal with large swathes of natural water either and the areas close by because of muh slippery slope. It's not the animals in, it's just the water.
Also when I was a kid, I remember at the beach some guy digging a huge hole (probably german) and he dug and eventually found a sort of small cavern underneath, entirely made of sand. I remember it being like 2 meters by 1 or so, and 50 cm deeper than the hole, guy had jumped in and there were just his shoulders standing out. I'd rather not somehow end up walking at a spot the top layer of the beach is thin and fall through in that kind of shit.
>>
I'm terrified of anything with wings. Whenever I see a bird or insect flapping near me, I tense up and start sweating. Just the thought of flapping wings touching my face makes me physically sick.
>>
File: Terror of the Deep.jpg (107KB, 962x642px) Image search: [Google]
Terror of the Deep.jpg
107KB, 962x642px
>>2445261
I get this too, but sperm whales bother me far more than anything else. Like, Holy fuck could you imagine this thing coming at you at night?
>>
>>2445650
You won't see it at night, at night the visibility inderwater is very limited.
>>
>>2445715
Imagine you're holding an led light and you see the outlines of that fucker coming at you.
>>
>>2443954
I tawt I taw a (you)
>>
Stink bugs. I can handle wasps and bees now but whenever I heard a stink bug bugging I hit the floor.

>>2443922
When I was 9 or so I walked to the beach with my friend, and it was covered in snails by the millions. The crunching was horrifying.
>>
>>2445650
Never read Moby Dick.
>>
I have reoccurring nightmares where I'm thrown into a laboratory and forcefully transformed into a cougar furry
>>
>>2444180
Your room should not count as a farm, Anon.
>>
File: feedbug02.jpg (596KB, 1000x812px) Image search: [Google]
feedbug02.jpg
596KB, 1000x812px
I can understand being afraid of dogs and dolphins and shit, but all these anons scared of wasps are a bunch of babies. Wasps are good and your friends. If you hand feed the foundress of a paper wasp colony by hand they will know your face eventually. They're very easily tamed like this. See
>>2444243

>>2445261
Whale sharks and sunfish are probably two of the derpiest looking living creatures on the planet. Sunfish live off of a diet of jellyfish and can't even close their mouth all the way so it's stuck in a perpetual "HURRR" face.
>>
>>2446621
Hot
>>
>>2446621
You're a furry. Think of it this way, you wouldn't need to take care of a cat to get to pet one.
>>
>>2444243
Fuck that. Wasps have throbbing ass cannons with hair triggers. They feed on fear and shit hate. I will murder house every wasp that tries to land on me. Most creatures that make nests in my home I will relocate with the gentelest of care. But not these mother fuckers. I will take a can of bear mace to just one of these harbingers of war without the slightest regret. Wasps killed my father and raped my mother. That is the level of hate my mind has put to these flying pissed off mini nukes of rage.
>>
>>2446621
Is it because of that one Batman TAS episode?
>>
>>2446871
kek
>>
kynophobia :(
>>
>>2446621
force thematics usually imply the subconscious is burying something...
>>
>>2444243
>be friendly with them
haha no, fuck it. i will obliterate every single one that has the guts to nest in my home
>>
>>2446621
well, the result wouldn't be so bad since you would still have opposable thumbs and be able to stand on two legs
>>
>>2447035
>great hearing, smell, nice claws and fangs
Doesn't sound too bad
>>
im scared of wasps too.

when i was a kid my bedroom window was broken and there was a wasps nest next door, one summer they would fly in through our attic window, through my broken window and wake me up by stinging me. multiple times this occurred.

another time there was a nest in our compost heap at the bottom of the garden, i pissed them off somehow and got chased into my house by a swarm of them, stuck in my tshirt repeatedly stinging me.

im not even getting into the time i was whacking nettles, looked down and saw my feet were covered in the fuckers.

so overall i think it's pretty reasonable that i'm scared of them
>>
>>2447050
this, anthros are the future anons
>>
I'm afraid of any bug that can jump or flies without any sense of direction like a retard (like stinkbugs). I'm scared of it jumping into my mouth or somewhere where I will crush it and have to clean it off of me.
>>
>>2443995
this but orcas
>>
File: IMG_2310.jpg (30KB, 468x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2310.jpg
30KB, 468x344px
>>2446621
That's more of a dream come true for me rather than a nightmare.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>2447096
this desu
>>
>>2447074
This sounds a lot like yellowjackets to be honest. I don't think any other north american wasp builds big nests underground.
>>
All these anons who will never know the feel of a large dangerlady licking sweet stuff off their finger and feeling their little mouthparts
>>
File: 1497186589069.gif (117KB, 350x228px) Image search: [Google]
1497186589069.gif
117KB, 350x228px
>>2443995
>scribol.com/environment/animals-environment/bottlenose-dolphin-the-only-marine-animal-that-kills-for-fun/
>dolphins have been proven to be self-aware, will examine themselves and inspect their teeth in mirrors, and may even have names, as pods will have unique vocalizations used to call out to individuals
>may be friendly and play with you
>may also beat you to death and rape your corpse just for fun
>is smart enough to just decide for itself which one it wants to do
>>
>>2447079
>>2447035
Don't forget a barbed cat-dick
>>
>>2447096
Same. It would be like the greatest gift ever
>>
>>2445564
>>2445617
I can deal with open water fine. And sometimes I can still look at these animals (atleast in thumbnails) but the minute I see them in comparison to a human I panic. There's no real "reference point" you can make while just in the open ocean with nothing beneath you. Sometimes drop off cliffs leading into the deep make me uncomfortable, but still you're just looking at a gradient of bluish green fading into black. My brain just doesn't register it as a "threat" the same way because it's like looking up at the sky. Boundless and all around you.
I do get creeped out by large wrecks. There was a scene in SOMA I almost couldn't get through because you had to navigate a large construction (I think the cannon that they shot the satellite out of) and it was so looming and massive. The leviathan fight made me just shut it off for good.
>>
File: OBOX_2_600.1.jpg (37KB, 600x235px) Image search: [Google]
OBOX_2_600.1.jpg
37KB, 600x235px
>>2447238
But its eyes are SO FAR APART. How? Did you know their throat is actually really small, their mouth is just big to filter feed.
>>
File: 557.jpg (516KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
557.jpg
516KB, 1280x720px
I've always been deathly afraid of Anthills.

Bear with me. You're walking around the peaceful woods and then suddenly holy shit what's that giant brown crawling thing? And then you look down and realize there are ants fucking everywhere, running around every surface. You want to run but you don't want to crush them all, and sometimes there's on the leaves at face-level trying to latch onto you as you brush a bush aside.
>>
Not sure why people mock me for this but I'm deathly afraid of frogs, I dont see them as small little animals, I see them as cold blooded, dead eyed, poisonous, caniballistic little monsters
>>
I was terrified of spiders for a long time they used to creep me out but I am kind of over that now and I try to help spiderbros whenever I can.. I saw a medium sized one in my shower all the time and I will scoop them up and brush them to safety.

The house was big bombed for termites the other day and I think the gas killed a big spider that was living behind my computer desk.. sorry RIP spiderfriend you deserved better than that
>>
>>2447096
>>2447097
technology for anthros when?
>>
>>2447176
There has NEVER been a human who was raped to death by dolphins.
>>
Ants.

One or two is fine-it's when I come across a nest that really bugs me out.

And I'm not irrational about it mostly. The little tiny black ones are fine, it's the big fuckers that make my skin crawl.

But mostly it's just the fear of them getting a chance to swarm me.
>>
>>2447625
>t. dolphin
Whatever you say you sadistic rape machine
>>
>>2447295
Everybody gets teazed and mocked for their fears. Usually it's just friendly teasing, but, you know, there's always those assholes.

As for the frogs, try watching some nature documentaries on them.

Not trying to say it will cure your distaste for them, but seeing them for what they are, and seeing how tand why they function as animals, might help with that fear a bit.
>>
I'm extremely afraid of African American teenagers especially when they travel in groups. Even if they are showing no signs of aggression I can't help but feel as if they're just waiting for the right moment to assault me.
>>
>>2447096
I'm glad I'm not the only one on this board. I would cry tears of joy if I was turned into any anthro large cat.
>>
>>2447096
WHAT AND WHY DID HE SHAVE IN THAT DUMB AD?
>>
>>2447693
>as if the adults are any better
>>
>>2447702
The teens travel in hordes though.
>>
>>2444171
I don't really see why they're this disgusted, it's not like he lets them free roaming in his house ?
>>
>>2447755
The adults just travel in gangs
>>
Not a full blown phobia, but deer really freak me out.
Their legs are too thin for their body.
>>
>>2447640
This.
>>
>>2443912
C-chickens... I had heaps attack me as a little anon and been scared/cautious ever since. Though, that being said my mother had the samething happen to her so I wonder if there is some extent of inherented phobia.

Also. Sneks but when you live with the 3rd most venomous snake in your back yard you tend to get that
>>
>>2446621
For a while I used to cry every morning because I DIDN'T wake up as a furry. Still do sometimes.
>>
>>2443912
I can't agree more, moths are fucking terrifying. I don't know why they just seem so creepy and whenever I see one or even think of one I shake and get goosebumps. I'm not scared of any other animals.
>>
>>2447916
don't worry anon, our day will come
>>
>>2443949
>they're dirty
No not really, spiders are a million times cleaner than flies and cockroaches, Some spiders actually eat house pests so they are more beneficial to keep them alive.
>>
>>2447640
Ants invented warfare, slavery and basically everything else we use to define the fundamentally evil nature of humans while also being insanely efficient. If it's one thing you should fear, it's ants.
>>
>>2447976
They were outside, so they were dirty. House spiders on the other hand are in nooks and crannies that are either hard to reach and not cleaned properly, or impossible to reach and never cleaned, therefore dirty.
>>
I was scared of bees and wasps, then I bought an electrified metal racket

Those scumfucks fear me now
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.