[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /an/, that's it. I've had enough of living alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0656.jpg (68KB, 846x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0656.jpg
68KB, 846x1024px
Ok /an/, that's it. I've had enough of living alone guarding my dad's house while he's off working or my sibling prawling away from it to do her things. I'm all alone, a depressed socially awkward 21 yr old guy and I'm turning insane every goddamn week they leave me here, and the worst part is they're both assholes in their own right when they come back. Now I have enough money to buy myself a pet and I'm considering buying one for companionship sake. Not even my best friend visits me often and he's off doing university. I've literally had it, I can't go on like this without friends. I used to like being alone but it's literally dehumanizing me everyday and I'm turning into a malfunctioning robot.

So what are good, friendly pets? I only have about 100 in budget right now and I can't buy cats since I'm allergic to them.
>>
You realise you have to pay for food, vaccinations, vet bills, worming, etc right?
Sure you could get a dog for 100 but the fees are going to accumulate very quickly.
Are you sure that you aren't depressed though?
I'm 26, haven't had a friend in 8 years and I don't feel like i'm turning insane.
>>
>>2443852
It's not only that, I think I probably have a mental illness (not that bad) coinciding with my symptoms of depression and anxiety. Idk I just think it would just help if I had a creature at my side. Other humans seem too perplexed to understand me and it's hard actually communicating with them irl.
>>
>>2443856
I think having a dog is helpful but like I said you can't afford it unless you want to give it a hellish and painful life.
>>
>>2443851
Gerbils are great. Get two and make sure you get a chance to handle them before you decide to buy. Friendly playfull active little guys cheap and easy to own. Just beware they can be loud at night forever digging. If you need to get out of the house tho a dog is the best way to go.
>>
If you want a dog, you could also try volunteering at a rescue (almost said shelter until I read the thing about cats)
>>
>>2443851
Have you considered getting a job?
>>
Just go the fuck outside and get a goddamn job, OP. No one owes you shit. People have their own lives and they don't have to waste theirs on yours trying to make you happy when you have nothing of value in return.
>>
>>2444349
God damn it, this

>>2443851
You """saved""" and you only came up with 100 bucks? For fucks sake go get a job you miserable piece of shit. Nobody owes you anything and you can't afford a pet.
>>
>>2443851
I'd recommend getting a single male mouse. A bit smelly, but super intelligent and sociable. Do your fair share of research before you get one tho. Good luck, and get a job you miserable faggot.
>>
>>2444357
>>2443851
I might be being a bit harsh but goddamn people like this need it hard.
I'm sure tons of people go through this, especially 'early twenty-something' most people at least think 'what the fuck am i doing' but OP seems stuck in a loop.

OP, just do something. If you don't have a job, you're just being a burden. You probably just complain when you're friend actually visits you. I've been stuck in loops like that before, it sucks, it really does but you will benefit yourself and the people around you by breaking it even if it's getting a minimum wage job flipping burgers. I was basically homeless from 15-22, with added PTSD and general anxiety so keeping my cool during interviews was next to impossible but eventually managed to get my foot in the door just enough to break this shitty loop and build from there.

Clean the house, mow some lawns, maybe try and get in with a dog walking gig and just put in as many applications as you can. If you get a job, you'll be able to buy shit yourself, afford a dog and afford to do shit. Just having a job alone makes you way more attractive.
>>
>>2444377
Do not get a single mouse. They live communally. If you decide on a mouse, get two.

You could get a 10 gallon aquarium and screen lid for maybe $30 (don't get a shitty overpriced hamster cage)
Then get a pair of (same sex) mice or gerbils
Or a single hamster

I would recommend a leopard gecko but I think that would be a bit over budget.

You definitely cannot afford a dog.
>>
>>2444389
when i said single i meant male. males need to live in solidarity because they are territorial and will fight. and if you get females the minimum is 3 not 2. don't be a retard
>>
>>2444417
>live in solidarity
Man I am laffin
>>
>>2444428
yer ignorance is stunning
>>
>>2444431
>he thinks solidarity means solitary
I thinks it's yer ignorance that's stunning
>>
>>2443851
>buying a pet
you'll only become more reclusive. It doesn't really sound like you're getting a pet for a good reason.

I'd recommend a rat though. Very smart, much like small dogs and are very low maintenance. Can shoulder them, teach them tricks. Only live about 4 years too. Watch some videos on Youtube.
>>
>>2444389
>an aquarium tank

That's not really good for pet rodents. They need ventilation so the chemicals from their shit/piss will collect if you don't clean it out every other day or so.
>>
>>2444357
>>2444384
>asks for pet advice
>why don't you just become a wageslave
No one wants to read your life story, if I wanted advice on being a self-righteous faggot ill read your blog
>>
I'm assuming you have a garden
buy a couple pf chickens
It's very cheap to keep them and if the garden is big they can even find their food themselves

BONUS: eggs
GOD MODE: if you like it and aquire experience you could start to breed chickens, turkeys etc. Professionally
>>
>>2445986
Aquariums are perfectly fine (better than most cages sold for them) for hamsters and gerbils.
Rats and guinea pigs are the ones you don't want in an aquarium.
>>
Invest that money on a therapist instead.

Once you feel more positive go find an easy job, if you manage to make some money each month then you'll be truly able of maintaining a pet.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.