[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /aq/ I just got accepted a job at an aquarium shop. My experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hey /aq/ I just got accepted a job at an aquarium shop. My experience is a 25 gallon koi pond I currently own and I had a 5 gallon freshwater tank when I was a lad.
Anything important or tips I should know?
>>
>>2443806
>25 gallon koi pond
>>
I'm going to say no because you don't know what you are doing in the first place. Have fun selling clownfish in bowls.
>>
>>2443806
is that a photo of the place?
>>
>>2443806
Fellow fish shop worker here. Been at it for seven or so years selling everything from tropical, brackish, marine and coldwater stuff (also in ponds).

My main advice? Enjoy selling animals off to their doom. It is the worst part of the job.
>>
>>2443917
yup. people do NOT know how to care for fish.
RIP my childhood fish Immortal, aptly named as I didn't know how I managed to keep it alive that long.
>>
>>2443937
There are perks to my job ie its easy and I get to order in weird and large stuff without worrying about personal cost but that aside is the worst part.

People treat fish are house ornaments that move.
>>
>>2443806
>25 gal
>koi pond
How does that even work? Did you fillet them first so they'd fit?
Even a 250 gallon pond is pretty small.
>>
>>2443806
>Anything important or tips I should know?

Get long rubber gloves so you don't need to get your hand/arm wet when messing with tanks full of water. That will be 95% of your job.
>>
>>2443806
>>2444106
I think he's joking about his twenty five gallon goldfish tank. I think.
>>
>any tips I should know

Your company should give you some literature. You'll learn a lot on the job. I've been a hobbyist since I was a kid, frequented the local petstore and subsequently had my first job there. You'll learn how to sex certain breeds of fish( platy and mollies are easy), what fish are compatible with others, and the needs of said fish. Most people have no fucking idea what they're doing and will probably be back with a corpse asking for a refund. Even if you knew what you were doing, they'll still kill the animal and blame you/the store. Oh and always use two nets to catch fish. The less you stress them out the better, and it's far quicker as well.

>5 years at mom and pop shop pet store
>3 years petsmart
>25 years hobbyist experience
>>
what is the wage for a fish shop worker?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.