[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /an/, I come to you from /tg/ in seek of your aid. I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: rainbow_snake.jpg (80KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow_snake.jpg
80KB, 350x200px
Hello /an/, I come to you from /tg/ in seek of your aid. I need to know what, if any, are the species of the most social snakes. As far as I know, only american garter snakes gather together in large numbers. In order to survive winter hibernation. And then to make mating in the spring easier.

But are they the only ones? Isn't there at least one species of snake that guards it's nest until the eggs hatch, like the serpentine equivalent of a crocodile or alligator?

I need this info because I am trying to flesh out the multiple strains of lycanthropy as part of my worldbuilding. And the more social the creature that you shapeshift into, the greater the chances of infection from scratches/bites. For instance, the strains of African and Asian lion are much more contagious than the strain of American mountain lion. Because African and Asian lions are social, and have a family unit, while mountain lions are solitary.

Help me out /an/ons, please. I really want an excuse for snake lycanthropes to be almost as common as wolf, coyote, rat, dog, Asian and African lion lycanthropes. Scale butts are just too cool/cute to be left out.
>>
Lycanthrope literally means wolfman.
>>
All snakes that aren't live bearers coil ontop of their eggs to properly incubate them until they are hatched as far as I know, that is of course the females do.
Snakes in general aren't really social animals but Ive come across small pockets of same species in the wild most of them being garter snakes as you mentioned but I also came across a small piece of a canal where there were 3 or 4 water snakes two or three times.
>>
>>2443048
Yes, I know. Lycan = wolf and Thrope = man

But if you are working off of the logic that lycanthropy is a magical virus, like a form of super HIV, then it makes sense that there would be multiple strains of it. So wolfman, catman, ratman, snakeman, birdman, etc.

>>2443050
I didn't know that all species of snakes that lay eggs incubate them. I was under the impression that they laid their eggs and then left the nest. Thanks for this useful bit of info, it's opened up a lot of possibilities for me. Within the pre-established logic of my worldbuilding that is. I hate when I have to break my own rules.
>>
>>2443059
>Yes, I know. Lycan = wolf and Thrope = man
No, Lyc(os) = wolf, Anthrop(os) = man. It's the same stem as in anthropology, anthropomorphic, anthropogenic.
>>
>>2443059
Most snakes either leave their eggs or bare live young. Pythons however(not sure if all of them), the females actually do coil around and incubate their eggs.

Also it's neat to see other were animals. We only have werecanines in our campaign because it's only transmittable between canines and humans and didn't want to deal with were-everything. They did have to fight a werepug though.
>>
>>2443063
Well cool. I knew /an/ was the right place to go.

Since lycanthrope is the proper scientific name for a wolfman, then what would be the proper scientific name for a ratman, or a lionman, or a snakeman?

>>2443065
So for the common wereserpents, I should go with garter snakes and pythons. Would the more rare strains of weresnakes be venomous serpents, like cobras and pit vipers? What about sea snakes, where would they fall on the spectrum if more social = more contagious?
>>
>>2443111
Generally speaking, the only time snakes congregate is to orgy or in the presence of food.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3OjfK0t1XM
Sea snakes might be more tolerant due to having to share space on the coast. But if this is for /tg/ then why not have a king or something with his very own "snake pit" of slaves or something
>>
Snakes don't really have personalities. They're just cool animals
>>
>>2443194
So food, sex, and hibernation in cold climates.

>>2443198
Yeah, I know, which is why I want to make cool wereanimal versions of them.

>>2443065
>werepug
Of all of the most horrifying creatures you could be turned into, a pug has got to be the worst.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.