[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/, I'm broke lately because of how much it costs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0883.jpg (31KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0883.jpg
31KB, 308x308px
Hey /an/, I'm broke lately because of how much it costs to feed my cats. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to get a bird feeding cage, keeping it low to the ground and letting the cats hunt for a while? There are a lot of birds in the area and my four cats are pretty good at catching them but I'd imagine they would be able to be able to life happy and healthy on prey alone with a little help.

My mother has a ton of spare bird feed and I do throw out corn or nuts I haven't used so I have plenty of feed for them, would this work? My cats are already outdoor cats so they know how to hunt.
>>
File: IMG_1225.png (206KB, 1233x957px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1225.png
206KB, 1233x957px
>>2442258
Oh boy
>>
>>2442258
Just toss peanuts all over your yard maybe with a little pool of water your cat might be able to get squirrels and stuff.
>>
>>2442271
Honestly even dollar store cat food would be better and more affordable for your cats than the risk of having to shell out thousands to get bones or parasites from feral birds out of their system
>>
>>2442271
No really small wildlife where I life, I'd wager they already sorted that out.

>>2442292
That's dumb, our cats have been killing and eatting birds forever and haven't gotten sick yet.
>>
>>2442305
>that's dumb, I've been an irresponsible, shit tier owner for years and am simply not intelligent enough to correct my mistakes
Also, gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>2442305
>it hasn't happened yet so it'll never happen

Also I presume you used to feed them food and they also ate birds, now your going to a 100% constant live prey diet and you think there will be no increased risks? There is a reason people don't do this even though yeah, it costs nothing.
>>
>>2442311
It's not irresponsible if I can't stop them eatting birds,how can I control that shit? It's in their nature.
>>
>>2442322
People feed snakes live mice with no issue, I'd think people who don't do it haven't had their cats trained to chase birds or don't live near a lot of birds.
>>
>>2442258
wouldn't work anyway. the birds will learn there are predators near the feeder and avoid it. hell, most birds won't approach a feeder if it isn't covered or something out of fear of being preyed on while eating from it. once one bird is killed, the rest won't come back.
>>
>>2442379
I imagine that some times the birds wouldn't have a choice, the weaker or older ones have to eat somewhere right?
>>
>>2442322
Cats literally exist to eat rats.
>>
>>2442328
Feeder mice, mate. They're captive-bred.
>>
>>2442471
Not always, I know a guy on YouTube who used mice traps and feed them those. He said it was more natural for them and their immune system is far healthier after eatting wild mice for a while kind of like a natural vaccine.

The same is true for cats I am guessing.
>>
>>2442488
> sourcing "a guy" on youtube
> guessing it would be the same for cats
Wew lad
>>
This is why I kill cats.
>>
>>2442442
maybe, but in the summer months is when there are the most bugs in the topsoil to eat. its unlikely that any birds would need a feeder to survive at the moment, so they have no reason to risk getting eaten by your cats.
>>
>>2442258
stage a cat car accident and con the person out of a ton of sob money
>>
File: 5859GN_zoom.jpg (260KB, 2140x2280px) Image search: [Google]
5859GN_zoom.jpg
260KB, 2140x2280px
>>2442258
Do you have humming birds by you? My cats always used to always catch and eat the humming birds that came to the feeders my mom put out.
>>
>>2442894
what's in the feeder? just water or syrup or something?
>>
>>2442322
>There is a reason people don't do this even though yeah, it costs nothing.
Because most cats are already pretty spoiled and don't even try to eat their prey
>>
>>2442258
How have your cats not gotten shot yet? If you force your cats onto a wild only diet they're gonna wander much more and be much more likely to end up on the property of someone who cares about their birds more than your cats life.

>Dad put a ton of effort into attracting songbirds to our yard when I was a kid.
>Constantly had to shoo off roaming cats
>would make an effort to ask owners to put bells on their cats
>if they didn't, and the cat came back or it was obviously a stray, he'd kill it.

He was pretty humane about it, one shot to the head. Except for one cat. our next door neighbors (who had refused to put a bell on it) kept coming back and just massacring the birds, not even eating them. Eventually my dad got it right through the abdomen with an arrow, pinning it. And well, he couldn't let it suffer like that, so he stomped it to death and left it in our neighbors yard.

The rest went into an unmarked kitty grave. At least 4 others, i'm sure there were more he wasn't inclined to brag about.

He definitely wasn't alone in his attitude towards cats, and our community wasn't even that rural.
>>
>>2443178
i lure them to my yard with treats, capture them, and waterboard them with a hose to the face
they never come back
i hate cats so much
>>
>>2442998
Usually it's just sugar water
>>
>>2443178
>he couldn't let it suffer like that, so he stomped it to death

I feel like an illustration of that would go on a controversial death metal bands album cover nicely
>>
File: Linkola_Pentti.jpg (60KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
Linkola_Pentti.jpg
60KB, 500x503px
>>2443178
Doing God's work.
>>
>>2442258
What the fuck OP, no that would not work idiot.
>>
>>2443581
No need to get catty haHAA
>>
>>2442258
Whenever I go broke and can't feed my cats I bring them to my moms and let them be outdoor cats for a few weeks
>>
>be poorfag
>too poor to afford food for another mouth
>better go buy a pet!

IQ testing should be mandatory before allowing people to buy pets or have children. you're as bad as welfare trash having 20 kids, OP
>>
>>2444752
I adopted them senpai
>>
File: 1488418007825s.jpg (3KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1488418007825s.jpg
3KB, 125x93px
>>2445099
Does it matter when you can't even afford food and health care?
>>
>>2445101
They are healthy and I'm try to get a source of food for them. Nice job not reading the thread.
>>
File: 1488117384548.jpg (133KB, 1367x1692px) Image search: [Google]
1488117384548.jpg
133KB, 1367x1692px
>>2445104
>Nice job not reading the thread
You're right, after I read the OP I knew right away what I was dealing with.
>>
>>2445122
If you don't want to help make sure my cats are healthy and happy than leave.
>>
stop being poor
>>
>>2445438
no one cares about your gay ass cats, stankboi
>>
>>2445438
As long as you let them roam around unsupervised you obviously don't care about your cats.
Why should you expect anyone else too?
>>
>>2442258
>already outdoor cats
OP, they are going to end up hanging around someones house more than yours.
>>
>>2445444
>>2445451
Shut the fuck up you assholes, I'm trying to HELP them dispite my short comings. What the fuck do you want from me? Are you going to pay for them? No? Then fuck all the way off.

>>2445454
The cats do sometimes play with other cats on other people's property but no one has said a word about it besides some grumpy old fucker. They always come home as well.
>>
>>2445469
>What the fuck do you want from me?
I want you to stop posting until you have learned what it takes to be a responsible owner,then apply your new found knowledge to your cats before you have to scrape their dead carcass off the road, or fish its poisoned body out from under your foundation.
In short, STFU and Lurkmoar faggot
>>
This thread is low tier bait and I am embarrassed for the amount of people who fell for it.
>>
>>2445477
I already know all I need to know, no amount of knowledge of cats is going to help pay for the food.
>>
>>2445469
Bring them around my house, I grow a Lilly garden with catnip sprinkled on the flowers for fucks just like you
>>
>>2445527
>underestimating the ignorance of an average catfag
Seriously tho, a lot of people are ignorant in general of proper pet care, and it wouldn't surprise me if OP was completely serious.
>>
>>2445565
What will that do? Is the pollen toxic or something?
>>
>>2445575
Supposedly lillies are highly toxic to cats.
So is Tylenol.
>>
>>2445577
That's really fucked up, fucking pet murders, hope he gets a sentence.
>>
>>2442305
>i've driven drunk 100 times and nothing bad has happened so driving drunk is fine
>>
>>2445595
At a point you have to admit maybe they are right.
>>
>>2445580
How is keeping a flower garden illegal?
>>
>>2445624
You are using it for evil.
>>
>>2445633
Still
Not
Illegal
>>
>>2445633
No I'm not, I don't put out poised food. I keep flowers, you're being an irresponsible pet owner by letting your cats run around other people's yards (possibly mine) where they might keep plants that are highly toxic to your pets.
>>
>>2445648
Still fuckin
G
Evil.
>>
>>2445633
What's really evil is letting your spoiled little cunt predator roam around and kill birds.
>>
>>2445749
Not really, lillies are beautiful plants that bloom well in the spring.
I'm perfectly within my rights to plant them as I see fit on my property.
You are arguing that what I'm doing is "evil" solely because someone else is irresponsible and can't keep control over their pet. I don't see why I have to make exceptions for someone else's ignorance and laziness, and I damn sure don't believe that my failure to do so is in any way evil.
>>
>>2445806
Nah, sprinkling cat nip clearly implies consent that you want the cats to eat it.
But whatever you fucked up aholes want to do is not the topic of this thread, so never mind all that.
>>
>>2445844
I never mentioned mixing catnip in, but I see it here>>2445565 and understand the confusion. Baiting them in with nefarious purposes is indeed immoral, but can still be viewed as a necessary evil for one party, or a mute point for another. Another being a responsible owner of course.
>>
>>2445857
Sorry never mind, but try to keep them away from the flowers for your plants sake and the cats.
>>
>>2445633
>Keeping a flower garden for evil.
>>
>>2446433
>but try to keep them away from the flowers for your plants sake and the cats.
That would be the responsibility of the owner of the cat
>>
>>2442258
Maybe buy cheaper cat food?
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 547x402px
>>2445633
OPs cat violated the NAP by crossing onto his lawn. Therefore he must pay.
>>
>>2446576
The cat in said example I mean.
>>
>>2446554
Nothing cheaper, it's really expensive where I live.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.