[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reasons other then "duh pugz cant breave right" not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

Reasons other then "duh pugz cant breave right" not to own a pug

>there are none
>>
>>2441364
Their faces willl literally rot off if you don't keep the creases in their face clean.
>>
>>2441364
What can they do other than being dressed up in goofy outfits and take pictures of them?
>>
>>2441364
they're ugly as fuck
>>
>>2441367
>what can any dogs do aside from that
>>
>>2441369
>there are none

Did you not read?
>>
>>2441370
>dogs have been bred to serve a purpose for thousands of years resulting in hundreds of distinct breeds
>hur dur what else can a dog do then be a pretentious posh accessory
Gr8 b8 m8 8/8
>>
>>2441364
Well I'll tell you the reasons why I don't want them

>can't be left in hot weather for too long
>can't be left in cold weather too long
>can't be left in humid weather for too long
>can't go hiking or even long walks
>can't rough house with
>prone to obesity because they can't exercise
>prone to constipation because they can't exercise
>at a higher risk of diabetus
>smallest dog breed prone to hip dysplsia that I can think of
>have to do >>2441366
>also have to clean the skin fold above their ass
>prone to bloody, mucus filled watery shits because of colitis
>they swallow a lot of air, so they fart more than other breeds
>prone to ear infection from closed ears and narrow ear canal, have to clean often which may be painful
>prone to Periodontal disease which causes drooling
>due to palate overlapping airways they are prone to coughing, reverse sneezing and wheezing
>stenotic nares keeps them constantly panting
>shouldn't wear collars due to being prone to collapsed trachea
>due to breathing problems, simple issues like kennel cough can become deadly in pugs
>eyes are known to fall out when they bump things too hard
>have to put drops in their eyes as they get older to simulate tears
>they are prone to cataracts, entropion, Pigmentary keratopathy, Distichiasis, Anterior Uveitis and eye infections that will often require removal of one or both eyes
>shouldn't be walking up stairs or jumping due to Hemivertebrae
>ability to behave like a normal dog is further hindered by arachnoid cysts and Legg-Perthes,
>dog can suddenly, or slowly and painfully, die from Pug Dog Encephalitis, Atrial Septal Defect, brachycephalic syndrome and Epulis
>i don't like curly tails on dogs
>>
sometimes duh pugz cant blink as well
and go blind
>>
>>2441379
It's been a long time since I've seen an OP get savaged this badly.
>>
>>2441372
You realize that most dogs don't perform their functions that they were bred for right?
>>
>>2441372
Nice failure.
Pugs have been pet dogs since forever, they were never bred for anything but to be pet dogs.
It's only in the last hundred years or so that the breed has been irredeemably fucked over forever, though.
>>
>>2441379
>eyes are known to fall out when they bump things too hard
is this real?
>>
>>2441364
They're genetic failures bred to live a painful life then die, do no form of actual work nor are capable of doing so, won't protect you from anything.

They're hamsters but worse.
>>
>>2441384
My German Shepherd herds every day

He herds the cats
>>
>>2441395
Yes. It's called eye proptosis
>>
How is not being able to breathe normally not enough of a reason?
>>
>>2441384
My Schnauzer loses his shit over toy mice and barks at people knocking on the door.
>>
But OP, I don't want a dog that can't BREATHE. That's not optional for mammals. They NEED to breathe air. You know that, right?
>>
File: disappointedvince.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
disappointedvince.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>2441379
Purebreeding was a mistake.
>>
>>2441407
Pure breeding for work or genuine concern for the breed is great

Pure breeding for show and aesthetic is shit.
>>
>>2441405
BUT SILLY PICTURES XDDDDDD
>>
File: 4473364.jpg?257.jpg (20KB, 256x342px) Image search: [Google]
4473364.jpg?257.jpg
20KB, 256x342px
>>2441395
Unfortunately yes, pic related. Easiest thing to do is probably remove it but some vets attempt to save the eye/s.
>>
>>2441399
That sounds very qt

Post a video if you can pls
>>
>>2441410
not an argument
plus this>>2441382
OPs a fag
>inb4 "I wuz just pretending to be retarded"
>>
There's no point to own a dog period.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (207KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
207KB, 1000x1000px
>>2441428
OP here, dont see a reason not to own one. All dogs run risks of running into health issues no matter the breed. Try again.
>>
>>2441433
>OP here, dont see a reason not to own one.
Here dummy>>2441379
>>
>>2441433
Getting a pug is like drinking while pregnant
>>
File: 5uw88Za.jpg (47KB, 377x390px) Image search: [Google]
5uw88Za.jpg
47KB, 377x390px
>>2441438
>all dogs run risks of health problems

How read?
>>
>>2441433
>>2441445
>all dogs run the risk of health problems
>so I will get the single most inbred, disasterously bred dog which probably has the single greatest rate of health problems out there
Good logic famolamodamitydoo
>>
File: d89.jpg (71KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
d89.jpg
71KB, 500x463px
>not considering the breeding itself of these kinds of abominations one of the worst forms of animal cruelty

Probably b8 thread though, can't be this dumb. Even if OP doesn't care at all about the doggos' wellness the expenses that come with these little sacks of pain are enormous.
>>
>>2441445
>can't understand that some dogs are more prone to health defects and problems than others, especially Pugs as already stated ITT
How common sense?
Now go away dumb frogposter, your silly game is boring now.
>>
>>2441453
Who said i didnt understand, anon? Im simply saying why forsake one breed for defects when you could win the doggo lottery and get the healthiest pug of them all
>>
>>2441456
>you could win the doggo lottery and get the healthiest pug of them all
okay you're legitimately retarded
>>
Pugs aren't cats
>>
>>2441456
Having the healthiest pug is like saying you have the smartest kid with Downs Syndrome.
>>
>>2441531
Isn't there a subset of Down's where they just have the face but they're normal behind and could have genius IQ?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.