[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad if a black lab only eats food meant for little dogs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: buddy.png (355KB, 420x578px) Image search: [Google]
buddy.png
355KB, 420x578px
Is it bad if a black lab only eats food meant for little dogs? The vet said mine was underweight when my family took him a year ago. And we haven't taken him for awhile but i dont know he still is. I tried buying food for big dogs but my little brother and sister made a big deal because it was pedigree and they started arguing that he didnt need that food. Does a dog necessarily need food meant for its size? Or is a black lab even really on the big dog category?
>>
>>2441007
Yes, its bad. He needs those nutrients for a reason. Your siblings are shitty fucking owners, give your dog proper good. He'll be malnourished anyway. Your dog can't choose what to eat, you do; so do right by him and get him a proper diet at the very least and not the equivalent of fast food for dogs
>>
>>2441077
Well I guess I'll try get him new food. It's just really impossible because when i got the pedigree my lil bro threw water on me and made a huge deal and my mommy and daddy had to calm him down. Him and my sister went to a precollege with less than 100 people on their entire class so they are kind of weird.
>>
Show us more pics. He doesn't look underweight in this pic, looks like he's a healthy/slim weight.

Seriously, if he has good levels of energy (take him out and if he's not lethargic he's fine) and is happy then he's fine. Little dog food likely has all the nutrients that big dog food has (depends on the brand comparisons but they are all dogs, bar breed specific food), just in smaller bags.

If you can see his ribs slightly when he's standing that is good. His hips, I can tell from this pic have plenty of weight on them.
You can't expect massive muscle definition because I'm guessing based on his size, he was castrated early on, he's a lab and he isn't physically trained for it.

He really looks healthy here, so don't make your dog obese or overweight, smaller body weight is less stress on every single part of the body.

Show more pics.
>>
File: buddy2.jpg (250KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
buddy2.jpg
250KB, 1328x747px
>>2441354
Here is another pic. He is very energetic so i guess he is ok. He is 3 years old. I have been running with him for about 2 months. It isn't really running for him though he just walks faster. I've seen him run way faster. I guess the reason he looks skinny is because he was in fact castrated early, i didn't realise it would cause that.
>>
>>2441389
seems fine to me. labradors are very often overweight, so a lot of people (maybe your vet too) have a wrong idea of how a labrador with a healthy weight should look like.
>>
>>2441389
He looks good
>>
>>2441007
Small breeds actually require more calories per pound (and presumably vitamins and minerals) than large breeds. If anything, he's more likely to get fat but that's about it.
>>
>>2441007
READ THE BACK OF THE BAG
It tells you how much to feed per day by the animal's weight. And why is your family so resistant to getting different food... that makes no sense
>>
>>2441007

Yes it's bad. He needs "large" breed food for several reasons.
Protein and fat is higher for larger breeds, hence why your dog is underweight (provided he has had a fecal screen to rule out parasites.)

They also need the large breed food because the larger livable cleans their teeth preventing gum and teeth issues which is good for overall health.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.