[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /an/ think of taylor? what does /an/ think of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0974.jpg (92KB, 1024x656px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0974.jpg
92KB, 1024x656px
what does /an/ think of taylor?

what does /an/ think of the pet care community on YouTube in general?
who do you guys like to watch?
>>
I avoid those channels like the plague.
You could just as well go to the next insane catlady next door and ask for her opinions.
>>
>>2439228
>all those meme pets
>>
>>2439228
I watch her channel, but she obviously has too many animals. She has caused damage to her parent's house, has made videos where she has accidentally given misinformation, and has a plethora of videos where she expresses how stressed she is. Why she decided to get so many animals when she has an anxiety disorder? No idea.
>>
>>2439360
what animals does she have?
>>
>>2439361
Honestly, I can't remember but she seems to be more popular for her hedgehogs and fish tanks. Here's a video of her showing all of her animals, I don't think she has ever given an exact number on how many she has.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRpvm3B5Ocg
>>
>>2439228

My impression of these Youtubers with like 10+ exotic animals is that they're either hoarders or chasing advertising cash and attention.
>>
>>2439380
This, they are attention whores. They just chose animals instead of anime or camwhoring.
>>
>>2439371
for anyone that clicks the vid starts at 1:20, before that she's just running her mouth like a stereotypical youtuber
>>
>>2439360
OP here, I feel the same way.
She does a lot of good things like bringing attention to the turtle vendors here in Texas which is a huge fucking issue, but her only income is YouTube and merch sales.
I can't imagine what would happen to her or her animals if her income stopped for some reason.

I do enjoy emzotics though she works with animals and only has a few reptiles but keeps Vietnamese Centopedes for some ungoldly reason.
>>
>>2439476
Taylor definitely has a good heart, she definitely cares about her animals and just animals in general, but I feel like her working at petco kinda put her in a situation similar to a fat kid in a candy store. Does she need more animals? Hell no. But are they available to her? Yes.

Emzotic is sadly lesser known, but she has a job outside of youtube and doesn't overwhelm herself. I think not overloading your bedroom with fish tanks helps a lot in that regard.
>>
>>2439476
Emzotic is cool because you can tell shes really passionate, unlike Taylor
>>
>>2439360
Eh, I think she's fine. She has willingly gotten rid of some animals (gives them to proper homes) when she feels like she can't or doesn't want to handle them.

Pretty sure her being stressed is just a normal things for her. I know people like that, and even if you took away their main stress factor, something else would just start stressing them out.

I think everyone just assumes a little too much.

She has the money to take them to the vet when needed. She takes excellent care of them and admits when she does wrong, and actively changes it for the future. I don't think you can do much better than that.

If she started losing income, I can bet you a pretty penny she would re-home the animals she couldn't take care of.
>>
I don't watch many pet care youtubers but VanillaHamHam recently started putting out some videos on what kind of enclosures are good to keep hamsters in. With their popularity I'm glad they're taking the time to educate people and tell them that most pet store hamster cages are garbage. https://youtu.be/aqs1C6DuOxk
>>
>>2439228
>Coping Mechanism: Engaged

I feel sorry for her.
>>
>>2440136
Coping mechanism is exactly why she probably will never get an education to have a useful job involving animals and will just sit in front of a camera crying for ad rev.
>>
She makes very few mistakes, from memory I know that she housed pac man frogs with moss which isn't great as it a risk for impaction for them since they are clumsy eaters. But that's something only people who browse frog forums generally tend to know
No one's perfect, that's a less commonly known mistake so I can be more forgiving for it.
She's a good owner, keeps her pets clean, tries her best.
One time I was an asshole to chicks at a pet store for something like that and they changed it when I came back, but I try to not be so easily hateful anymore. It's easy to forget ones more newb years
Another reptile chick, Cataleah is a pretty cool youtuber, seems to take flawless care of all her pets
>>
>>2439360
I too get stressed about all my pets, but hey, at least I'm focused on something that matters to me and not superficial shit like ex-relationships, what people think of me, and other mundane bullshit
It's a beautiful thing when you realize you are so into your pets that you forget all the stupid bullshit of the world and it has no power over you
Maybe that's what adults mean when they say ''at a certain age you get too old to care'' because of responsibilities and shit
>>
>>2440178
I can get that. When I was at my lowest the only reason I didn't hang myself was because I knew there would be three mouths that wouldn't get fed if I did. I just don't think you need THAT many animals to have a purpose or distraction in your life because then it comes to a point where your pets are stressed because you left their food to melt on top if their tank and forgot about it for several hours because of all the other animals you had to feed.
>>
>>2440185
She's a youtube NEET though she has plenty of time I'm sure.
>>
>>2439228
Pretty sure the crestie could easily jump or run towards right to the tarantula in a split second then get bit
>>
Big common misconception among animal youtubers is that they have an insane number of pets.

A great deal of them give up/rehome pets more often than they talk about (as those make boring videos), so they kind of have a rotating stock of sorts.

Even Joey, who has the capacity to house a gazillion fish, barely has any fish. I can count the number of species of fish he has on a single hand (an Asian arowana, rays, a flowerhorn, african shell dwellers, couple of clownfish). Everyone thought he just had a gazillion fish but he kept rehoming them as his hobby evolved. (Obviously this will change soon as he now has his gallery set up.)

Taylor is closest to critical mass though. Taking care of those animals is her life, no exaggeration.

As for her being irresponsible due to the sheer number of animals + her choice in career, I find it hard to judge considering we're all on fucking 4chan. How many of you autismo kings are NEETs? She actually has a career going with set goals and trackable progress (subscriber growth). That's better than nearly everyone who works for me (I am head of a division at a rather large architecture & engineering firm).

As for the instability, yeah, her career could come crashing down, but the same could be said about practically anyone. Shit, a practicing DOCTOR in Florida lost her job/license/career for ONE freak out at an Uber driver. Whoops, a decade of schooling plus years of consistent performance literally saving lives gone because SJWs decided she was too entitled. My entire firm could go under if the market decides our raison d'ĂȘtre is no longer fashionable (we're big on LEED, and thanks to Trump, that is a questionable seller).

TL:DR; all our careers could end at any time. I don't find Taylor's to be particularly insane.
>>
>>2440200
This.
>>
>>2440200
I see no difference between spending time on 4chan and spending time locked in your room with so many animals that you don't have time to work part time.
>>
>>2440223
I have lots of pets, more I think. It's not as hard as you all think
It only takes me like 1-3 hours a day. Usually only 1 hour a day, because I fully clean 1-3 cages a day that way I don't have save all the cleanings for the end of the week which takes forever
I find little ways to be efficient. For example I carry a bucket to dump everyones water from their dishes in and I put all the feeding and water dishes on a tray to take to the kitchen to rinse out
>>
>>2440200
>TL:DR; all our careers could end at any time. I don't find Taylor's to be particularly insane.
I think the key here is versatility and marketable skills. Maybe it's very easy to get back into the workforce in some sort of entertainment job after being a niche YT personality, but I don't know. Honestly what this thot needs to do is just get married to some upper middle class dude so she can stay at home without worrying about income like all the animal rehabbers.
>>
not sure if people actually think that she's responsible and making the right decisions or if they just wanna fuck her
>>
Pissed me off when she bought all the turtles from that piece of shit spic selling them illegally. Talk about rewarding bad behavior.

Should have just reported him and offered to take them.
>>
>>2440223
>I see no difference between spending time on 4chan and spending time locked in your room with so many animals that you don't have time to work part time.
Which is why I find it hard to judge her. Why would people here judge her if their own hobby was at least as useless or questionable?

But even then, Taylor has many things going for her that a 4chan NEET does not:
1) She makes money.
2) Taking care of pets is a responsibility, one that she does take seriously and for the most part does well. Shitposting is the exact opposite of responsibility.
3) She makes money.
4) Did I mention she actually makes money whereas shitposting does not?

>>2440227
>Honestly what this thot needs to do is just get married to some upper middle class dude so she can stay at home without worrying about income like all the animal rehabbers.
Are you 14?

>>2440235
>not sure if people actually think that she's responsible and making the right decisions or if they just wanna fuck her
I would add a third group: people who just watch weird videos on weird animals because that's what people do on Youtube. But I wouldn't be surprised if her being hot is the most popular reason, my reason being that there are tons of informative weird pet keepers out there and she is way more popular than any of them. She has a growth rate faster than practically any pet-related channel I've seen. And she isn't exactly the MOST informative or has the weirdest animals (her content is by no means bad, but the previously mentioned Emzotic has got her beat on both), nor does she advertise/network that much (she practically never collaborates nor does she go to tons of events for instance). The only thing that does make her stand out is that she is way hotter than the others.
>>
>>2440265
I agree with this but she also stated in the video to NOT do what she did and just report it to authorities or a game warden.
She wasn't encouraging people to buy a shit ton of turtles off the side of the road.
>>
>>2440192
>She's a youtube NEET
Technically not. She makes enough for Uncle Sam to tax the shit out of her, thus she is gainfully employed.

PSA: self-employed income, which YouTube revenue counts as, is taxed more heavily than income earned through a regular employer.
>>
>>2440274
Are you a youtuber?
>>
>>2439228
She is a hot girl and that's why she has a very successful channel. She does take good care of her animals but she wouldn't nearly be as successful if she wasn't pretty.
>>
>>2440274
Makes enough money but begs her viewers to buy her merch and has to rely on her parents as an adult?
>>
>>2440278
>Makes enough money but begs her viewers to buy her merch

This isn't a contradiction. Many people use the "poor me" tactic to get people to buy their stuff even if they're doing fine financially.
>>
>>2440235
I don't watch her because she's hot, I watch a lot of channels related to reptiles
>>
>>2440276
This guy pulls off having a decently successful channel but he is smarter, better at educating and makes a lot of videos
He's not as famous as her though
https://www.youtube.com/user/graphicphoenix/videos
>>
>>2440275
No I'm the manager of my division at the arch/eng firm mentioned above. Part of that is knowing about taxes and shit.

>>2440278
So if you make money, you don't want to do something easy and related to make more money? Great way to stay poor, dude.

Every social media person ever sells merch or endorsements or other side stuff. Even PewDiePie has merch, and last I checked he earns roughly a bajillion dollars a year.

Also, as with many millennials suddenly discovering social media fame, they tend to eventually move out once it is feasible. For instance: every Twitch streamer ever started out living with parents, and now they're buying houses and shit. Taylor seems to be no exception as she briefly mentioned moving out to CA with all the other liberal millennials.

(Disclosure though: I am also a millennial so I shouldn't take TOO much shit about us, I just happened to have a more traditional and successful career path.)
>>
I'm not familiar with girl OP is asking about. Youtube is all over the place in terms of quality of information. For the pets I keep and am knowledgable about (reptiles) youtube ranges from some very high quality channels with excellent info to many very VERY bad channels with information that will kill your pet dead in short order.
>>
>>2440292
She's a libcuck?
>>
>>2440298
kill yourself
>>
>>2440289
>37k vs 615k subscribers
That guys channel looks good and I always seek smaller channels like his, but he'd be a lot more successful if he was a hot chick because appearances sell.
>>
>>2439228
>dogumentary tv is ok mainly just interviews of breeders

I'm ashamed to say I watch camel and friends not because it think the chick is some sort of animal behaviourist genius but because i want a real insight into crazy.
>>
>>2440302
you're a shitskin?
>>
You guys do realize that if you replaced all of her pets with say, cats, which are very low maintenance, it wouldn't matter how hot she was or how much youtube money she made, it would still be ridiculous, but since she turned her parents' home into a petting zoo it's "so cool" and justifies her staying in taking care of those animals
>>
>>2440323
My GF has 7 cats, mostly rescues. It's cool and she is above average looking at least, so not the stereo type either
>>
>>2440298
Unfortunately
But she tends to keep politics out of her videos from what I've seen save for once or two fuck trump references
>>
>>2440270
>She wasn't encouraging people to buy a shit ton of turtles off the side of the road.
No, I mean that piece of shit spic is suffering no consequences. As far as he's concerned, he sold his entire inventory in a day
>>
>>2440494
He wanted to make money for his family, the bitch tried to get him arrested over selling some dumb turtles. She'll never work a day in her life so she can't understand what some people have to go through to help their loved ones, even if it means going to jail.
>>
>>2439228
I like to watch the Dark Den
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC178kThBUvGNps5cabRP_2Q/videos

It's mainly about tarentulas and I'm more into phasmids but I still enjoy what he does a lot
it's well-made and informative
>>
>>2440514
Petko is great, growing quickly too. Hopefully he doesn't get discovered by the normie scum. I might send him some animals in the future.
>>
>>2439228

I can't stand many YouTube pet channels.

There's a total of 4-5 I can watch
KingofDIY
solidgold
Thinklikeahorse
JakesgotHerps

The worst ones by far are snakebytes. I don't care what he's "don't for the reptile community". Brian is a piece of shit who doesn't give a single fuck about his animals living, it's all about cash. Look at how poorly he keeps his tegus for example and some of those leopard geckos look MISERABLE and have MBD. Which he said "is normal and they can be born with it". Everyone I've hatched or bought has never had it.

Little Red Cowgirl is another one that bugs me. Just some hoe who pretties up and has no idea about proper horse ownership. I remember a video where she boarded several sick horses, then mysteriously wondered why her horses fell ill.

snazzynikki is another reptile keeper - all of her animals look like shit. She misinforms everyone. They're all kept in her room at her parents. Her chameleon looks half dead - she also illegally buys from black market pet dealers and had over 100 pets at one time from turtles, rats, snakes, sugar gliders, possums, hedgehogs, tortoises, lizards, birds, multiple cats and dogs.
>>
>>2440504
>He wanted to make money for his family
And? Knocking some bitch up doesn't make everything you do for money acceptable

>the bitch tried to get him arrested over selling some dumb turtles.
Obviously not since she didn't try to get him arrested and fucking bought all the turtles from him

>She'll never work a day in her life so she can't understand what some people have to go through to help their loved ones
Yep she's a thot but does that make him any less of a piece of shit?

>even if it means going to jail
How does going to jail help his family lmfao

Oh yeah thats it anon, he's so brave, such a good dad that he will go to jail to make a buck to feed his kids lol. Nah bullshit he never expected to get arrested for this. He did however say he had just gotten out of jail and couldn't get a job anywhere else. Gee i wonder why. Hes a certified pos who should have been reported get over it
>>
>>2440652
>should have been reported
deported* desu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hp4w8EVmYw

Tyler Rugge is pretty good
>>
>>2439228
>gets a genetically blind hedgehog from a bad breeder
>she understands it's genetically blind and poorly bred
>gets another hedgehog from the same breeder
>both hedgehogs die early of the same exact genetic disease
>so she decides to get another hedgehog from the same breeder
>cries about it
>meanwhile tells people NOT to get hedgehogs from a bad breeder after doing just that 3X
What is with these 'do as I say not as I do' whores on youtube? It's like with all those 'WOLVES ARE NOT PETS' videos with a chick telling you why you should never treat a wolf like a dog while she has a wolf she treats as a dog running around with her dogs and playing tug of war and fetch with it.
>>
>>2441115

I don't know, he did a tour of his enclosures and while some of them looked good others looked barely adequate.
>>
>>2441397
Don't forget
>"do not keep female betta fish together, they will fight as well"
>keeps several female betta fish together
>addresses the fact that it's probably a bad idea
>does it anyway
Also, avoids giving her geckos sunlight because "in MY opinion..."
But she totally takes perfect care of her pets like most of these anons say.
>>
>>2441891
I have no idea who this person is, but betta sororities are a thing. You still need lots of cover to break up line of sight, but they can get along if the group is large enough to diffuse the aggression.
>>
>>2441920
The whole point is that she does it, understands it's a bad idea, shows it off, and tells other people not to do it. I just hate those kinds of people in geneal
>>
>>2441866
Oh I missed that

I know he's gone to expos and bought things impulsively so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't have the tanks set up adequately YET
>>
>>2441967
>gone to expos and bought things impulsively
>has the discipline to research and take care of several demanding animals for hours a day

Really joggin my noggin.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.