[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was watching animal planet and they found out some elephants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 435345435.jpg (193KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
435345435.jpg
193KB, 1400x788px
I was watching animal planet and they found out some elephants are being born without tusks. Someone suggested it was because of the poaching, so the elephants that got their tusks removed passed that (the lack of tusks) to their offspring. But isn't that what Lamarck said, but everyone mocked him?
>>
File: IMG_3055.jpg (58KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3055.jpg
58KB, 320x240px
>>2436288
Elephants that are poached for ivory are shot dead, anon.
>>
>>2436288
No anon, you got it wrong, the ones who didn't have tusks (geneticallly) weren't killed. If u not ded fucc and have babies.
>>
>>2436508
Same anon, so basically speaking, the poaching has become too fucking high that the gene pool is losing the tusk genes, and i may be saying shit, but i think in 50 ~ 100 years there wont be tusked elephants and they'll be smaller.
>>
Whoever suggested that is a moron. Poachers will usually shoot an animal without tusks or a horn in the case of rhinos, so they don't end up wasting their time tracking it again.
>>
>>2436288
what the fuck
are there really people who are dumb enough to come to such conclusions ?

half of your genes are passed on to your offspring
losing something like a part of your body doesn't change your genetic code as it is found in the nucleus of every cell in you, it can't be changed without changing every single cell making up your body
Mutations happen in the formation of gametes

I don't know why I'm so upset about this but I can't believe what I'm reading
is it me or is there an inflow of retards/baits on /an/ recently ?
>>
>>2436597
Go look at the meta thread. Explains a lot of the retardation recently.
>>
>>2436620
oh yeah thanks
it explains a lot of things
>>
>>2436288
Poachers kill animals missing their ivory just so they don't have to track it again.
>>
>>2436528
It's sad that evolution is working faster on elephant conservation than we are. Thanks, China.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.